GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Alumni Involvement
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,446
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, ageldarkz5086
» Online Users: 1,516
0 members and 1,516 guests
No Members online

Old 02-09-2005, 01:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Alumnae Panhellenics - scholarships

In this thread, post scholarships that are sponsored by your Alumnae Panhellenic. In the other thread it was discussed that many do not know all that APHs do, this will highlight one area of their programming.

What are Alumnae Panhellenics? Alumnae/Area/Hometown Panhellenics: These groups are community based organizations, affiliated with the National Panhellenic Conference, whose membership is composed of representative alumnae from NPC member group fraternities. These groups promote the philanthropic efforts of member organizations, promote the advantages of sorority membership, and host educational/informational sessions to promote Greek Life to women who are going to be attending a college or university. These educational/informational meetings are held at the discretion of the individual Alumnae Panhellenic, but usually take place in the spring of the year. The purpose of these meetings will inform a woman of the opportunities for Greek Life at various universities.

More info at:
http://www.npcwomen.org/alumnae/a_overview.php
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 02-09-2005, 01:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Dallas APH scholarship

http://www.dallaspanhellenic.org/scholarships.asp

The Dallas Alumnae Panhellenic Association sponsors an annual Scholarship program for senior women graduating from public and private high schools in the city of Dallas.

Applicants must be planning to enter a four year Texas college or university in the academic year following high school graduation. Although the applicant's interest in sorority affiliation is not required, the college or university she will be attending must host National Panhellenic Conference (NPC) social sororities.

Several $1000 scholarships are awarded, based upon an evaluation of the candidate's academic merit, demonstrated financial need, and likelihood for college success.
Old 02-09-2005, 01:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Houston APH scholarship

http://www.houston-panhellenic.org/

ARE YOU ELIGIBLE TO APPLY FOR A HOUSTON ALUMNAE PANHELLENIC FOUNDATION SCHOLARSHIP?

TO QUALIFY, APPLICANTS MUST BE: (Both at the time of application and during the academic year for which the scholarship is awarded)
* Active members of National Panhellenic Conference groups. (Senior women who will NOT be active sorority members the following year may not apply.)

* Permanent residents of Harris County - applicant's parents live in Harris County and/or applicant graduated from a high school located in Harris County (High School transcript required.)

* Full time students (taking 12 hours or more) at any accredited U.S. college or university (College transcript required.).

CRITERIA CONSIDERED:
1. Financial need
2. Scholarship achievement
3. Participation in sorority activities
4. Participation in extra curricular activities (both on and off campus)
Old 02-09-2005, 01:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Northwest Houston APH scholarship

http://www.nwhcap.org/

NWHC Alumnae Panhellenic services college bound women that live in the Cypress-Fairbanks, Klein, Spring, Aldine and Tomball Independent School Districts.

The Northwest Harris County Alumnae Panhellenic Association is again sponsoring a scholarship to be awarded in May 2005. The intent is for this scholarship to be used toward tuition, books and sorority expenses.

The scholarship will be awarded to a current junior sorority woman having graduated from high school in May 2001, holding at least a cumulative 3.0 GPA, who pledged through our Northwest Harris County Panhellenic system. The applicant must have registered for rush with our Panhellenic Association.

We are interested in a woman who exhibits leadership abilities in her sorority, campus activities, and community service. She must be a full-time student enrolled in an accredited four-year college or university to receive the award.

Applications may be duplicated and will be accepted through April 1, 2005. Each eligible sorority woman should mail the application to the address above along with a transcript showing your cumulative GPA. You will be notified regarding the results of the scholarship awards.
Old 02-09-2005, 01:52 PM
GreekChat Member

San Antonio APH scholarship

http://www.panhellenic-sa.org/

Each May the San Antonio Alumnae Panhellenic awards the Betty Picard Scholarship of $1000 to a deserving active sorority member from Bexar County Texas.

Applicants must be in good standing with their Chapter and University.

Additionally they must have completed at least 12 semester hours and need at least a fall and spring semester to graduate.
Old 02-09-2005, 01:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Austin APH Scholarship

http://www.austinpanhellenic.org/index.html

The Austin Alumnae Panhellenic Association (AAPA) offers yearly scholarships to initiated Junior or Senior collegiate sorority members from the Austin area. Scholarship recipients are members of National Panhellenic Conference sororities. The scholarships awarded are based on the applicant's grade point average, involvement with her sorority chapter, community service, and financial need.

Requirements for Application:
You will have Junior or Senior collegiate status, in the fall semester of the year you are applying for this scholarship.
Your Home address has a zip code beginning with "787" or "786".
You will be registered as a full-time college student for the next college year.
You will remain an "active" status in your collegiate sorority, during the next college year.
Old 04-05-2005, 11:50 PM
GreekChat Member

I am attending my first alumnae panhellenic event this month. Later in the month, they are having a scholarship luncheon as a fund raiser for scholarships. If I get any information about how to apply for these, I will pass it on! They are having a speaker about Suffragists, which is something near and dear to my heart. I'm very excited!

Dee
Old 04-06-2005, 12:45 AM
GreekChat Member

TAAP has an annual scholarship luncheon where a scholarship is awarded to a collegian. Unfortunately, I will not be going to this year's event because I WILL BE IN LONDON!
Old 04-06-2005, 01:04 AM
GreekChat Member

The Seattle APH awards scholarships as well. Unfortunately, I don't know much else.
Old 04-23-2005, 08:38 PM
GreekChat Member

The Detroit Alumnae Panhellenic Association scholarship luncheon was today. They give 3 scholarships annually to women who are current members of sororities. If you're interested in more information, I know who to contact now, so PM me.

Dee