GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,428
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, baangelasteaxdy
» Online Users: 2,423
2 members and 2,421 guests
3DGator, zagelpitto2616

Old 08-22-2015, 04:12 PM
GreekChat Member

I dunno, guys. SKEPi is known for having more legacies than they can take so it's super hard to get a bid unless your legacy relation is from that chapter and donates money all the time...
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-22-2015, 04:46 PM
GreekChat Member

You are not likely to get a bid at Ole Miss. Ole Miss is one of the toughest recruitments in the country.

You will be a sophomore. That's strike one.

Your prior GPA isn't the best. That's strike two.

Your high school extracurriculars might be broad, but they are not deep. "Doing clubs" doesn't cut it. You need some achievements and/or leadership experience. That's strike three.

Your posts indicate that you don't know what you are doing. You don't understand recs and letters of support. You need them for all the organizations and recs from chapter alumnae are better. You don't understand that recruitment mostly involves sororities choosing you, not you choosing a sorority. I doubt that you will understand how the rest of it works any better. That's strike four.

Adding to that you have money issues. That may or may not be apparent during recruitment, but I always err on the side of people finding out stuff that you don't want them to know. You left school because you were having a mental health issue. Assume that they will find that out, too, and that it will count against you.

You haven't got a snowball's chance at Ole Miss or any super-competitive recruitment. I am a first generation Greek and first generation college graduate. I wouldn't have stood a snowball's chance, either. You should assume that you can attend Ole Miss or be Greek, but that you can't be Greek at Ole Miss.

Last edited by KDCat; 08-22-2015 at 04:49 PM.
Old 08-22-2015, 06:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Sister Havana
Anyone else getting thoughts of Brandi Rae here?
Old 08-22-2015, 09:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to tcsparky
KDCat.......that was harsh, but entirely spot on. You called it like you saw it. She definitely needs to reassess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDCat View Post
You are not likely to get a bid at Ole Miss. Ole Miss is one of the toughest recruitments in the country.

You will be a sophomore. That's strike one.

Your prior GPA isn't the best. That's strike two.

Your high school extracurriculars might be broad, but they are not deep. "Doing clubs" doesn't cut it. You need some achievements and/or leadership experience. That's strike three.

Your posts indicate that you don't know what you are doing. You don't understand recs and letters of support. You need them for all the organizations and recs from chapter alumnae are better. You don't understand that recruitment mostly involves sororities choosing you, not you choosing a sorority. I doubt that you will understand how the rest of it works any better. That's strike four.

Adding to that you have money issues. That may or may not be apparent during recruitment, but I always err on the side of people finding out stuff that you don't want them to know. You left school because you were having a mental health issue. Assume that they will find that out, too, and that it will count against you.

You haven't got a snowball's chance at Ole Miss or any super-competitive recruitment. I am a first generation Greek and first generation college graduate. I wouldn't have stood a snowball's chance, either. You should assume that you can attend Ole Miss or be Greek, but that you can't be Greek at Ole Miss.
Old 08-22-2015, 09:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Havana View Post
Oh, wow. Good ol' Brandi Rae. Wonder whatever became of her?
Old 08-23-2015, 02:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcsparky View Post
KDCat.......that was harsh, but entirely spot on. You called it like you saw it. She definitely needs to reassess.
I'm not trying to be harsh. I'm trying to be honest. It's a super-tough recruitment at Ole Miss. If OP's heart is set on being Greek, she'd have a better chance at a less competitive state school where all of that matters less. If her heart is set on Ole Miss, she can take her chances on recruitment, but know that it probably won't happen for her.

I've been where she is -- a transfer student who was a first generation PNM. (Except I didn't even have a cousin to give me advice.) What I didn't know about recruitment would fill a library.

Last edited by KDCat; 08-23-2015 at 02:21 PM.
Old 08-23-2015, 08:32 PM
GreekChat Member

I am a GC lurker and this thread has pulled me out of the shadows!

I am amazed at how obtuse the OP is. Maybe she is not real and is someone's weird idea of a joke.
Old 08-23-2015, 08:41 PM
GreekChat Member

That's what we call a troll and I questioned she might be
Old 08-23-2015, 09:01 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Havana View Post
Yes.