GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Entertainment

Entertainment TV, movies, music, books, sports, radio...

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,122
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, haledarkz870
» Online Users: 2,186
0 members and 2,186 guests
No Members online

Old 10-20-2004, 11:35 AM
GreekChat Member

The Biggest Loser

Did anybody else watch this show last night? Its a train wreck...you dont wanna watch but you cant stop staring.

Personally I think the show glorifies eating and exercise disorders but thats just me.
Old 10-20-2004, 06:12 PM
GreekChat Member

I saw maybe the last twenty minutes.....I don't think Caroline Rhea is the greatest choice to host such a show. She doesn't look really comfortable doing it.

I think it glorifies fad diets.....it's not natural to lose this kind of weight so quickly, in a competition.
Old 10-20-2004, 08:54 PM

Send a message via ICQ to sigtau305 Send a message via Yahoo to sigtau305 Send a message via Skype™ to sigtau305
Quote:
Originally posted by Senusret I
I saw maybe the last twenty minutes.....I don't think Caroline Rhea is the greatest choice to host such a show. She doesn't look really comfortable doing it.

I think it glorifies fad diets.....it's not natural to lose this kind of weight so quickly, in a competition.
When Money is Involved, watch how fast they do it. I saw the last 20 minutes of the show as well. So far, I have yet to see the negative aspects of the show because nobody has been degraded yet. I'll have to wait and see how the Show develops

LetEmKnow!!RollTau!!
Old 10-20-2004, 10:45 PM
GreekChat Member

I caught the part when they were weighing themselves on the big scale. What I wanna know is, how did they lose weight so fast in one week? That can't be healthy!

Also, I didn't like the "Survivor" aspect of the show where they had to vote someone off. Not everyone can lose weight that fast.
Life Member Fall 2008
Be a Leader, Be a Friend, Be of Service
Old 10-21-2004, 08:30 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by txdiva
I caught the part when they were weighing themselves on the big scale. What I wanna know is, how did they lose weight so fast in one week? That can't be healthy!

Also, I didn't like the "Survivor" aspect of the show where they had to vote someone off. Not everyone can lose weight that fast.
Water weight. Just about anybody who diets loses more weight in the first week than in all the rest. Watch, next week there probably wont be a lot of people losing 20 lbs.

And I disagree about it not being degrading. I mean, they had refrigerators with their names on it and when somebody gets kicked off the refrigerator light goes off. This Survivor stuff is going too far.

I thought Caroline Rhea was ok hosting it - I would rather have her host it than some skinny biatch. LOL
Old 10-21-2004, 09:57 AM
GreekChat Member

Location: The city with the beautiful Lake Michigan skyline and Deep dish pizza!
They also have to realize the less you have to lose, the harder it is to drop the weight. The one they voted off this week lost fivew pounds but she only needed to lose thirty so it's gonna be tougher for her. I think it's degrading because your vote is on a silver serving platter.
Old 11-16-2004, 12:44 PM

Caroline Rea should be a contestant.

The guys should not be allowd to take their shirts off at the weigh ins.

Last edited by madmax; 11-16-2004 at 01:23 PM.
Old 11-18-2004, 02:15 AM

I think the exercise habits are pretty good, as long as it's not done to excess. But some of the stuff is a bit too sensational for me. I was pretty glad to see the Blue Girls make it to the top of that 73 story highrise. Good for them!
Old 11-18-2004, 09:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to queequek
Quote:
Originally posted by madmax
Caroline Rea should be a contestant.

The guys should not be allowd to take their shirts off at the weigh ins.
Agree on the non-shirt guys thingy. Who is Caroline Rea? If she was the host, I totally agree with you.
Old 11-18-2004, 09:47 PM
GreekChat Member

I didn't see the show, but I'm looking at the website now. I agree with whomever said that it's promoting eating/exercise disorders (with the number of calories that some of these contestants appear to be consuming -- if they weren't obese, their doctors would consider them eating disordered) and fad diets. I'm all for helping reduce the percentage of obese Americans, but stuff like this is NOT going to help the average American.

It's going to be interesting if they actually show the part where these people start to plateau after taking in so little food that their bodies kick into starvation mode. And I don't even want to think about the fact that when you lose the weight as fast as many of these people are, you have a major problem with saggy skin that usually requires plastic surgery to correct. ugh.
Old 11-01-2005, 09:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Did anyone watch the show tonight? The guy that got kicked off tonight has lost a lot more weight since he went home.
Old 11-01-2005, 09:34 PM
GreekChat Member

I have watched this show since the last season. I didn't really like him, but I thought he looked great afterwads. I wonder if he will be in People this week...Suzanne and Pete had small articles about them and their weight loss.
Old 11-02-2005, 09:09 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to jess_pom
Quote:
Originally posted by AOX81
Did anyone watch the show tonight? The guy that got kicked off tonight has lost a lot more weight since he went home.
I watched last night for the first time. My friend and I couldn't believe how cute he was when they showed the "where is he now" video. He looks really good.
Old 11-02-2005, 01:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Curiously, I tought this thread was about either John Kerry or Bill Clinton.

The show is inspirational, I suspect. These contestants have really toned up from all the workouts. I'm surprised they haven't all blown out their knees.
Old 11-02-2005, 09:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ZTABullwinkle
The guy who left last night looked GREAT! Especially when they showed him in his bulletproof vest. That was his "goal" item in the beginning. He watned it to fit properly!

I think that they do a good job not only teaching them proper food calories and eating habits, but also workouts. I am surprised there aren't more injuries. I know my knees hurt just watching them!

"Even in our sleep, pain which cannot forget, falls drop by drop upon our hearts. Until against our will comes the wisdom of God."