GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,468
Threads: 115,513
Welcome to our newest member, dizzycmaarleyy5
» Online Users: 1,185
1 members and 1,184 guests
dizzycmaarleyy5

Old 08-26-2011, 11:22 AM
GreekChat Member

My SOPHMORE Recruitment Starts TODAY!

I wanted to share my story with everyone, but I will make it short and sweet for now because I'm short on time. There are seven sororities at my school and I will name them:

Moose
Turtle
Owl
Monkey
Mink
Otter
Elephant

And NO, the animals have nothing to do with the actual chapter. I'm off for now and can't wait to update everyone later!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-26-2011, 04:26 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm excited to hear the updates!!! Go get 'em!!

GPhiB
Old 08-26-2011, 08:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Yay, a new story! Good luck.
Old 08-27-2011, 09:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Yesterday's open rounds went good!

Moose- I liked this house. I was bumped FOUR times though, which I didn't like. All of the girls were very nice though and I felt comfortable.
Turtle- Right off the bat I felt very uncomfortable and both girls asked me questions I don't think were appropriate for recruitment, especially open rounds. I really hope I don't have to go back here.
Owl- My best friend is in this chapter and I thought I would probably like it, but it was okay. I don't really have much to say about it. I didn't feel I had anything in common with the girls I met.
Monkey- I only met one girl here and we got along well. Although it wasn't bad I didn't feel a connection at all. This chapter has the highest GPA on campus and I don't have the best grades, so I didn't want to get my hopes up. They were all very put together and classy.
Mink- This chapter is new at school and we all went in knowing they may not be "great" at recruitment, but it was worse than I thought. The girl rushing me was wearing a dress and she kept sitting with her legs APART. This and a few other related things made me really uncomfortable.
Otter- I LOVED this house. The girl and I had so much in common and we just seemed to instantly click. Our time was up before I knew it!
Elephant- I really liked these girls. They all seems really down to earth and welcoming! Nothing bad to say.

At the end of open rounds I ranked them as follows:
Otter
Elephant
Moose
Owl
Monkey
Turtle
Mink

Today for philanthropy there were six possible invites. I received four, which I was happy about because I expected less.

Otter
Elephant
Moose
Mink

Being dropped by Owl surprised me, but the rest were expected. I will update how today went soon
Old 08-28-2011, 08:52 AM
Super Moderator

sounds good, so far!!
Old 08-28-2011, 10:33 AM
GreekChat Member

Love otters. Rooting for them! Good luck and have fun!
Old 08-28-2011, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNM8 View Post
Turtle- Right off the bat I felt very uncomfortable and both girls asked me questions I don't think were appropriate for recruitment, especially open rounds. I really hope I don't have to go back here.
This actually sounds like some sort of bass-ackwards way of weeding people out - i.e. if you feel uncomfy with these questions you won't feel comfy with us in general and it's better for both sides to know right away. There is a way to do it subtly, however, without making the PNM feel like she has to take a bath afterwards.

Hope the rest of your recruitment goes well!!
Old 08-28-2011, 01:31 PM
GreekChat Member

I know she needs to continue to be discreet, but I think it depends on the question. Maybe it was inappropriate; maybe it wasn't. Maybe when it's over you can provide more details? Please DO NOT fill us in right now.
Old 08-29-2011, 03:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Sorry for the delay!

On Philanthropy Day everything went well.

Otter- I know the girl that rushed me so our conversation was less about philanthropy and more about everything else. This turned me off completely because in my opinion it doesn't matter if I know you or not, you should treat me like any other PNM. I DO want to know things too. Anytime I tried to focus the conversation on philanthropy, she would change it right back to something random. It was good conversation, but at times I felt like we weren't really connecting. Today changed my mind a lot.
Elephant- I really love this house. I felt so welcomed and accepted here, again. Our conversation was so relaxed as if we had known each other long enough to be "relaxed". If that makes sense?! Also, I really like their philanthropy.
Moose- This house is very diverse and I love that. Every girl I've met is SO different, but yet connected to the next. I could almost "feel" their bond when we were all in one room. Also, I really like their philanthropy too.
Mink- This is the house I felt really uncomfortable at so I was not wanting to go at all. I was gracious and did in fact enjoy our time together. I know it's not for me though.

At the end of the day we had to rank and pick out top two. My rank was:
Elephant
Otter
Moose
Mink
Old 08-29-2011, 08:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Good luck, glad to know that everything is still going well with your "animal" recruitment!
Old 08-31-2011, 08:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Sorry for the delay-again, school has been crazy!

I'll cut to the chase because recruitment is over and I don't have a lot of time sorry.

On Sisterhood day I visited:
Elephant- Today I realized I may not click with these girls too much, although I really like them.
Otter- While learning about their sisterhood I was completely shocked that all of the picture they showed were of parties and stuff like that. None of which involved good things. The girl that rushed me was really nice, but she was very "whatever" about everything. It was almost as if she assumed she "had me".
Moose- I loved this house so much today. I felt very connected to the girls and I could see their honest love for one another.
Mink- As I've said before, I know this isn't the house for me. This day was okay, but there still wasn't much of a connection at all.

At the end of the day we had to rank down to our top two. Mine were:
Moose
Elephant
Otter
Mink

I came back for pref night and had MOOSE AND ELEPHANT!!

Moose- Again, I LOVED them. So genuine!
Elephant- I really like their ceremony and the girl that rushed me was very nice.

So I this was how I filled out my pref card:
1. Moose
2. Elephant

When I left I was so nervous and could not wait for bid night.
Old 08-31-2011, 08:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Bid night finally came around!! When we all had our bids we were counted down from 5 and then we all opened them and ran like crazy to our houses!!

So what did I get?

CHI OMEGA!!!!!!!
Old 08-31-2011, 08:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Congratulations!
Old 08-31-2011, 08:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Oh, and they were "moose" lol.
Old 08-31-2011, 09:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Congratulations!