GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,469
Threads: 115,513
Welcome to our newest member, davidjuioro5780
» Online Users: 2,247
0 members and 2,247 guests
No Members online

Old 11-21-2005, 09:41 PM

Buy 2 more slices of the pie?

Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 11-21-2005, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by AOIIalum
Okay, AOIIalum's Thanksgiving checklist update!

<snip>

Whew! Am I forgetting anything important?
Yes. You've forgotten to breathe. Seriously, take a deep breath.

Remind me, how old are the kids? Give them jobs - if they're old enough, make them clean the china, silver, and their rooms. Put your husband to work too. No reason mom should have to do all the chores.
Old 11-22-2005, 12:56 AM
GreekChat Member

i am leaving for Thailand on Thanksgiving! My parents are upset since it is the first Thanksgiving of my life I won't be here. But I think Thailand is a good excuse
Old 11-22-2005, 06:17 AM
GreekChat Member

looking forward to spending it by myself...

No family, no undergrads, no clients, no deadlines. Peace.

I bought a smoked turkey and gravy from Rudy's. All I have to do is pick it up and warm it up. I have stuffing mix, green bean casserole mix, rolls, cranberry jelly, sweet potatos. I just need to stop by the store and get some soda, and some bisquick (am making sausage balls). I'll probably stop by Marie Callendar's or Nadlers Bakery, myself and get some really rich pie or something.

Everybody is wiggin out that I am spending the holiday alone. I chose to spend it alone. I could have gone to Houston to be with the family, but I didnt want to (and with gas prices....) Also, all the damn time I am giving so much of myself to everyone around me I am really looking forward to having a day to myself/by myself. A group of us are going to Gruene Hall the night before to see Reckless Kelly and I am expecting a rediculious hangover t-day morning anyway. I can roll outta bed and cook the thing when I feel like it. I'm sure I'll meet up with friends that night for a movie or drinks or whatever.

I'll probably work a little friday - cause I cant not work. lol. Maybe just a half day...
Old 11-22-2005, 06:39 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by AOIIalum
Buy 2 more slices of the pie?

I'm thinking I might have to go to the grocery store at like midnight on Wednesday to do that... I don't want them to disappear again.

Lifesaver: People have wigged out when I've chosen to spend holidays alone too. It is usually Christmas for me. I have the kids the 23rd/24th and we have our family Christmas with my mom on the 24th. One year, my brother couldn't make it up here for Christmas and my mom and I agreed that we didn't have to see each other after spending all day on the 24th together anyway, so I stayed home. My neighbors were flipped out and made me come over for dinner. It really wasn't a big deal to me. I had to work on the 26th and had seen my family and had our Christmas already. Sometimes, a day of peace and quiet is nice, but people don't understand that. This year, my brother will be here the 24th and 25th but I only have my kids on the 24th. So, my brother will bring my mom over here on the 24th and I'll go over there on the 25th. That means I get to cook two days.

Last edited by AGDee; 11-22-2005 at 06:44 AM.
Old 11-22-2005, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by aephi alum
Yes. You've forgotten to breathe. Seriously, take a deep breath.
Oh, don't worry, I'm doing okay. I've learned after this many years that by doing the prep work, the rest of the clan does the clean up. And trust me, I HATE cleaning up!

Quote:
Remind me, how old are the kids? Give them jobs - if they're old enough, make them clean the china, silver, and their rooms. Put your husband to work too. No reason mom should have to do all the chores.
Kids are 15, 13, and 9. 13 yr old already has his room done and started helping the 9 yr old (aka Pack Rat Jr.) declutter last night. The bunch of them will be doing the dusting, sweeping and vacumming tomorrow while I'm at work. There's not enough money on the planet to let any of them near the china 15 yr old handles the bulk of my most hated holiday cooking task--the mashed potatoes. I love to eat them, but hate to actually prepare them! He and DH will also deal with grilling the monster turkey, because I don't cook turkeys, either!
Old 11-22-2005, 08:08 AM
GreekChat Member

Location: Baltimore, MD - Missing Sitting on the Green Monster with Johnny Damon and Teddy Bruschi
Send a message via AIM to PlymouthDZ
I'm leaving in a few hours for Boston for the rest of the week.

I'm excited to see my family and chapter.. first time in about 5 months I've seen them!

Maybe it will snow

Happy Turkey Day!
Old 11-22-2005, 08:59 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by PlymouthDZ
I'm leaving in a few hours for Boston for the rest of the week.

I'm excited to see my family and chapter.. first time in about 5 months I've seen them!

Maybe it will snow

Happy Turkey Day!
It's pouring right now here, but I've heard rumors of snow for Thanksgiving Day.
Old 11-22-2005, 10:17 AM
GreekChat Member

Location: Somewhere between Good Morning America and Jerry Springer.
I'm having a quiet Thanksgiving here at home: just me, my dad, his gf and her daughter. We don't make a big deal of T'day, anyway.

I was invited to go to Austin to visit friends, but had to turn that invitation down. A new roof on the house takes a much higher priority

It's going to be a slim C'mas this year, too.