GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life > Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions New to GreekChat? This is where you can introduce yourself to the GreekChat community.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,471
Threads: 115,513
Welcome to our newest member, veasfrances2534
» Online Users: 2,141
1 members and 2,140 guests
Xidelt

Old 02-26-2013, 03:15 AM
GreekChat Member

Question LOOKING FOR A NON-COLLEGIATE SORORITY IN CENTRAL VALLEY CALIFORNIA!!!!!!

Hi fellow friends & sisters
I was wondering if there's any non-collegiate sorority's that are local within my area,I'm 21 and not in college yet due to financial reasons and I want to know what it's like to be in a sorority. I'm in California close to Stockton area if anyone can please help me find something out there that would be GREAT! either or on any information with or how to start one or be in one (WITHOUT GOING TO COLLEGE!)

thanks
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 02-26-2013, 04:39 AM
GreekChat Member

Here's a thread that was very helpful for me regarding non-collegiate sororities:
http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/sh...ad.php?t=57834

Last edited by victoriasueno; 02-28-2013 at 09:35 PM. Reason: remove snarky comment, posting actual help.
Old 02-26-2013, 08:11 AM
Super Moderator

Beta Sigma Phi is a non-collegiate sorority. You might go to their website and see if there is a chapter in you area.
Old 02-26-2013, 10:06 AM
GreekChat Member

https://bspinternational.org/maps/Enter_zipcodes.php

This is the link to the chapter search function. It's current and user-friendly.

I started a BSP chapter when I was 23. If Beta Sigma Phi seems to be what you are looking for, and you don't find a chapter that is a good fit, starting a chapter is an attainable goal.

Good luck!
Order of the Rose recipient
Old 02-26-2013, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andeti209 View Post
Hi fellow friends & sisters
I was wondering if there's any non-collegiate sorority's that are local within my area,I'm 21 and not in college yet due to financial reasons and I want to know what it's like to be in a sorority.
Being in a non-collegiate sorority is not like being in a collegiate sorority.

It can provide you with friendship and fun and a great support system, but it is not the same thing. Don't start a chapter or drag others into your idea thinking it will be.
Old 02-26-2013, 11:52 AM
GreekChat Member

Agreed.

Every chapter is different. Some are quite formal and very busy! Others are very informal. Just like in a college, you have to find your right fit.
Order of the Rose recipient