GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Chapter Operations

Chapter Operations Share plans, ideas, and brainstorm problems related to chapter operations. Topics also include parliamentary procedure, national programs, innovations & etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,130
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, zmaisongoogleto
» Online Users: 1,216
1 members and 1,215 guests
No Members online

Old 12-12-1999, 06:03 PM

Question Greek Composite Services

Currently, my soroity is using Fraternal Composite Service, Inc. to do our yearly composites. We have had SO many problems with them and are searching for another company to use. Does anybody know of a different Greek composite service that is reputable (either nationallly or in Wisconsin/Illinois)?

Thanks!
Old 12-17-1999, 05:00 PM
GreekChat Member

My chapter has used Vantine Studios for years and has overall been happy with the results. They are located out of New York, and to the best of my knowledge operate nationwide. They can be reached at
(315)824-3200.
Old 01-07-2002, 09:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Babble354
Fraternal Composite Service is HORRIBLE!!! It would take us a year and a half sometimes to get our composite! Vantine Studios is great though. My uncle used to work for them (Vantine is located in Hamilton, NY where I'm from) and Vantine just built a new state-of-the art facility, and I guess there moving to all digital photography which cuts down on the time it takes them to put together a composite. I think that they'll also put your compisite on a CD, which can be handy for websites and stuff. Everyone should BOYCOTT Fraternal Composite Service!

Here's Vantine's website:

www.vantine.com
Old 01-07-2002, 10:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: Greek Composite Services

Hello, just a few words on Vantine. They suck. Thats about all I can say. They suck you in on a 4 year contract and then spank you like a baby. We are still waiting for our 2000 composite that was supposed to be here 15 months ago.

PS, how are the Betas doing down there?

Quote:
Originally posted by jjbutterkup
Currently, my soroity is using Fraternal Composite Service, Inc. to do our yearly composites. We have had SO many problems with them and are searching for another company to use. Does anybody know of a different Greek composite service that is reputable (either nationallly or in Wisconsin/Illinois)?

Thanks!
Old 01-07-2002, 10:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Maybe all composite services are the same...
Are you talking about Beta Theta Pi at Colgate? Is so, I have no idea. I'm from Hamilton ( and still live near there) but I did'nt go to 'gate. I have'nt heard any bad press though regarding any of the Greeks at Colgate.
Old 01-07-2002, 10:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Nope, sorry. I was referring to the Betas at Beloit. We just re-colonized there and it is one of our old chapters. They are only about 2 hours from my house.

Isn't Hamilton where the school revoked all greek housing, including the old Sigma Phi house? I could be wrong, but I think it was that school????
Old 01-07-2002, 10:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Angry

Fraternal Composite is HORRIBLE! Our photographer was a COMPLETE perv, and about half of our sisterhood was omitted from the final. Similar things happened to other Greeks at my school...grrrr.
Old 01-07-2002, 10:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Beliot, I have no idea...

Hamilton College (as far as I know) revoked ALL student off campus housing. Hamilton College is in Clinton, NY not Hamilton, NY. Colgate University is in Hamilton. The fact that Hamilton College and Colgate are only about ten minutes away from each other probabably causes a lot of mix ups...
Old 01-07-2002, 11:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to queequek
Babble354,

We're still have a chapter in Hamilton College, and it seems that they still have a house (judging by the address they have). Are they going underground or something?
Old 01-07-2002, 11:49 PM
GreekChat Member

my sorority used CCI this year.... we had a lot of problems with them and a contract. the people there were extremely difficult to work with and made me feel like i was about as big as a thumbtack. we have already signed with fraternal next year. their composites just look so much better than CCI's........ but now i'm scared after reading everyone elses opinion on them.
hopefully it will all work out.... we've used them in the past.
Old 01-08-2002, 02:24 AM
GreekChat Member

Fraternal Composite Service is one of the worst services I have used for anything having to do with ordering by mail. It took over a year for us to get our composites, and the customer service was horrible - no help at all, and the people on the phone were extremely rude when I called with questions. After the experience last year, we're going with a new service.

Collin
Old 01-08-2002, 08:37 AM
GreekChat Member

Re: Re: Greek Composite Services

Quote:
Originally posted by ZZ-kai-
Hello, just a few words on Vantine. They suck. Thats about all I can say. They suck you in on a 4 year contract and then spank you like a baby. We are still waiting for our 2000 composite that was supposed to be here 15 months ago.

PS, how are the Betas doing down there?

We've been using Vantine for a long time and haven't had any problems so far. Sorry they screwed you over, but they have been fairly good for some of us!
Old 01-08-2002, 09:17 AM
GreekChat Member

Re: Re: Re: Greek Composite Services

Maybe its because you are closer to them, and can hunt them down if you want. We are a little further than that. On top of just getting screwed over, we had to deal with rude people, bad composites, pictures out of order, missing pictures, misspelled words (Univerrsity). C'mon, thats just poor service. You may be lucky, we must have gotten the retard dept.

Quote:
Originally posted by SSS1365

We've been using Vantine for a long time and haven't had any problems so far. Sorry they screwed you over, but they have been fairly good for some of us!
Old 01-08-2002, 11:12 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to The1calledTKE Send a message via Yahoo to The1calledTKE
Fraternal Composite Service sucks! They lost our money we sent them along time ago and that backed up 3 years of composites trying to get it straighten out. We are finally going to get them all soon.
Old 01-08-2002, 12:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to dzsaigirl
We used Custom Composite ( I think that's the same as CCI). Anyway, they mail you your pictures and then start billing you for them. It's like freaking Columbia House. And if you don't live with your parents, or you are out of town, you won't even know you were sent pics and billed until they start sending more letters about your bill. It is such a crock. To top it all off, this year they send me a 2 billing notices even though I had never received pictures. Then I mysteriously never got another letter indicating that I owed anything. Hmmm...I think that they were hoping I'd be dumb enough to just pay the bill?