GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Kappa Alpha
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,452
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, saphqueen
» Online Users: 2,383
3 members and 2,380 guests
MethrenLusia, Pinkmagnolia921

Old 04-25-2001, 06:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Lightbulb March of Dimes - Walk America

On Sunday April 29, 2001 at 7:45 am, I and the women of Theta Iota Omega Chapter of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc will be participating in the annual "March of Dimes - Walk America" at Eisenhower park in Long Island New York - RAIN or SHINE!

It is not too late to donate to the cause or to participate. Our chapter has about 15 walkers, but the more the merrier!! The chapter goal is to raise $500.00 for the March of Dimes. What is the March of Dimes, well it is the premier organization which helps save the lives of all BABIES. Premies and babies born with birth defects cannot help themselves, you may not think you are
a hero but to these children you are. Your donation in the amount of $1.00 to $100.00 will be greatly appreciated.

Let me know if you want to donate, walk or if you need more information to start your own Walk America team by posting a reply here or by emailing me.

Thank you all for your support!!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 04-26-2001, 11:45 AM
GreekChat Member

The Sphinxpoet and the MILLIONS AND MILLIONS OF his adoring Fans will be Walking in Manhattan for March of Dimes! Let us stand up against birth defects! Sorors I will see you there!
Old 04-26-2001, 07:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking

Hi Soror!!!! Long time no Skee......
My chapter will be participating in the Manhattan Walk. We will be stationed at one of the check points along with Tau Omega.
I want to walk so I'm glad I came across your post. I will meet you in the park (7:45 am )......do I need a sponsor form? I also need to know exactly where we will be meeting.

[This message has been edited by Sexy Mocha (edited April 26, 2001).]
Old 04-27-2001, 12:22 AM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up

Oh I forgot to mention there are walk sites all over Tri State area on 4/29. I will be with you in spirit FRAT, at least we are working for the same cause under the same blue sky.

Skee ya later

[This message has been edited by LadyAKA (edited April 26, 2001).]
Old 04-27-2001, 10:42 AM
GreekChat Member

Arrow

Soror S.Mocha I am walking In Long Island. Sorry I wont see you. I hear the NYC walk is going to be off the hook - with a astep show and all. Have fun. If you need more info about the march call them directly 212-353-8353. I only have specific info about Long Island.
Old 04-28-2001, 04:04 PM
GreekChat Member

We didn't have anything going on with Walk America. I did speak with one of my LSs in Denver and she and other Sorors participated out there.

But many minds (including yours truly)are on Jazzfest this weekend, you know how that goes ....

Anyway, I hope you all enjoyed your festivities around the country....
Old 04-28-2001, 07:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking

Quote:
Originally posted by AKA2D '91:
We didn't have anything going on with Walk America. I did speak with one of my LSs in Denver and she and other Sorors participated out there.

But many minds (including yours truly)are on Jazzfest this weekend, you know how that goes ....

Anyway, I hope you all enjoyed your festivities around the country....
OH LAWD!!!!! Yall are KILLIN' me with these new faces! LOL! A soror leaves for a couple of days, and come back and yall are just off da hook! LMAO!!
Old 04-29-2001, 01:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up

I did it and I had sooooo much fun, I completed the walk and I feel GREAT!!!
For those that walked at other sites, how was it?
Old 04-29-2001, 05:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up

Soror, we so much fun! There were so many of us. (As usual, looking pretty in pink and gorgeous in green.) We were joined by the Kappas and a few Zetas half way through. There were also two Alphas there. (Can't forget the bruhs! ) All in all, it was a delightful day! The weather was great today wasn't it?
Old 04-29-2001, 06:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking

Hello Everyone,

I was also out there today represting my firm and the sisterfriends of NYC!
Old 04-30-2001, 10:14 AM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up

Yes it is I the Sphinxpoet.....these Darn Greekchat people messed up my user ID :Mad: so I am waiting for them to fix my ID up until then I am sphinxpoet1! I want to shout the Sorors in NYC that had water for me and my frat at the Half way Point! There were only a few of us walking with the Zetas but it was all Greek Love. The Millions and Million of the Sphinxpoet's Fans, all around the world, were walking so that Birth Defects are fought away! 06-08!

Finally the Sphinxpoet has TRULY come back to GREEK CHAT!
Pictures of March of Dimes will be available SOON!
11 Days until the day the Sphinxpoet was born onto this planet(the countdown begins!)
Old 04-30-2001, 10:36 AM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up

I walked in Florida. The weather was great and there were several business/sponsers so we had plenty of water/gatorade/snacks etc.
We had a great time
Old 04-30-2001, 11:37 AM
GreekChat Member

Smile

Quote:
Originally posted by sphinxpoet1:
I want to shout the Sorors in NYC that had water for me and my frat at the Half way Point! There were only a few of us walking with the Zetas but it was all Greek Love.
Finally the Sphinxpoet has TRULY come back to GREEK CHAT!
Hey bruh, we were stationed at the half-way point (Checkpoint 4)....In addition to just clowning around, I was handing out the jello, donuts, parmalat etc. to the throngs of hungry walkers (I had the yellow shirt on...if that helps any). Did you stop by with the Zetas from Epsilon?

Old 04-30-2001, 11:47 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Sexy Mocha:
Hey bruh, we were stationed at the half-way point (Checkpoint 4)....In addition to just clowning around, I was handing out the jello, donuts, parmalat etc. to the throngs of hungry walkers (I had the yellow shirt on...if that helps any). Did you stop by with the Zetas from Epsilon?

Yes Soror I was there I got my Cherry Flavored Jello and I was walking with the Zetas from Epsilon and took some pics with the Lambda Sorors. If it helps any I was the Extremly Good Looking Alpha
Old 04-30-2001, 11:49 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Sexy Mocha:

PS I was the Alpha wearing the Windbreaker that said Sphinxpoet #1 on the back.