GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,123
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, zsamulpitt5293
» Online Users: 1,094
1 members and 1,093 guests
Xidelt
Closed Thread

Old 08-21-2002, 02:24 PM
Super Moderator

Good going! I think you were quite discreet! I can't wait for the next update!
Old 08-21-2002, 02:24 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm so excited you're going back to Pi Phi! Just keep looking for that "connection." You might feel it with some of the other chapters this round, now that you've gotten settled in a little.
Old 08-21-2002, 02:26 PM
GreekChat Member

curlygirly,
Congratulation on your invitations! You have so many fabulous houses to choose from. The next round will give you more time to talk and get a "feeling" for the chapters. Good luck!
As for your roommate, she should read many of the other posts here on GC, many, many pnms are cut after the first few nights but the chapters that they go forward with are really the right place for them! It's all about where you can contribute as a sister. Also, she shouldn't forget about DZ colonizing, that sounds like an amazing opportunity to work with an a fabulous national sorority!
Good luck, God bless, and keep posting,
violets
Old 08-21-2002, 02:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Have a wondeful time today! I am so glad to see that you are enjoying KD! I am also glad to see that you are keeping an open mind about all of the groups - you never know where you might make the "connection".

I can't wait to hear about your parties tonight!

Kerry
Old 08-21-2002, 03:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to KappaKittyCat
I'm thrilled that you're going back to Kappa. I was just thinking about how Kappa hasn't been getting very much GC lovin' in the Rush thread lately and then, yay! PNMs going back to Kappa!

Yay!

Ok, so I'm really bored at work and have nothing better to do than cyber-cheer for PNMs I've never met at schools I've never been to. Yeah, yeah, who's a dork? I'm a dork!
Old 08-21-2002, 04:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to KDHoney
First of all, yay that you loved and are going back to KD Second, awesome job of being discreet, open-minded, and upbeat! Have a wonderful time during round 2...can't wait to hear how it goes!
Old 08-21-2002, 04:39 PM

More cyber-cheers here!

Hi CirlyGirly!

Thanks for finding time to update us. I'm sorry that you didn't get invited back by AOII but I'm so happy that you got invites from 10 other wonderful sororities. I think that your descriptions have been very respectful and honest and it's much appreciated! Have a great time in this round of parties!

Christin
PS--Let your roommate know that I'm pleased that she's being so open minded! I hope she has a great time at both SK and Phi Mu (even though she has no clue who I am! LOL!) My cousin is a Phi Mu alumna and I know she is very proud of her sorority!
Old 08-21-2002, 04:52 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm sorry you didn't get invited back by AOII to, but it sounds like you did get invited back to some amazing organizations. I'm glad that you have such an open mind.

Tell your roommate that there are bunches of us out here who were cut heavily during formal rush, and still ended up in the right place. Also there is COB for those not at number or that didn't make quota (often it is easier in COB - not as many women to look at at one time), and let's not forget the wonderful new chapter of DZ that is colonizing at UF!
Old 08-21-2002, 04:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Yay for you! I'm glad you are happy with your invites. I know you won't get this until after the round, but I just wanted to say concentrate on the conversation more than the craft you are making this round. It's all about meeting the girls, and of course making the craft for the philanthropy, but that conversation will help you decide to come back next round or not, so it's waaay more important than the little thing you are making.

Have fun and stay cool, it's BRUTALLY hot today, even at 5pm!

Tara
I have a Phi Mu castle...
Old 08-21-2002, 06:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to OUlioness01
Good luck and have fun at all the houses tonight! I know that you'll have a great time.
Also, tell your roommate that she was asked back to two amazing houses and that she shouldn't give up hope quite yet....if I had let being cut heavily get me down i would never have met some of my best friends and I would have missed out on one of the best experiences of my life.
Old 08-21-2002, 06:54 PM

Congrats on all those invites! Glad you're going back to AEPhi (shameless plug ) Enjoy round 2. I hope things go well for your roommate too.
Old 08-21-2002, 10:32 PM
GreekChat Member

ack!

I'm waaaay too nervous!

If I'm feeling like this when my former student is going through, I cannot imagine what it will be like when/if my (not yet conceived) daughter goes through - or niece for that matter!

But, I'm sending you & your roomie positive GREEK vibes...
Old 08-21-2002, 10:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Okay I have to ask....where do you get all of the cute smilies from because I never see them when I fill out my posts.
Old 08-21-2002, 11:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Cool funny smilies!

Quote:
Originally posted by UF56
Okay I have to ask....where do you get all of the cute smilies from because I never see them when I fill out my posts.
Well if I TELL ya... then EVERYbody will be doing it!!

I'll send you a PM!
Old 08-22-2002, 01:46 AM
GreekChat Member

Round 2- Day 1

Here are the houses that I went to this afternoon for Round 2.

DPhiE
PiBetaPhi
SigmaKappa
ZetaTauAlpha
KappaKappaGamma

I'm still not to sure if I'm going to end up pledging anywhere. I haven't determined if the UF sorority life is really for me. But I'm going to go through the rest of the rounds...and see what happens. I might change my mind along the way....or I might just drop out. Who knows?

Tomorrow I will be visiting....
AEPhi
KD
Alpha Chi Omega
Kappa Alpha Theta
Phi Mu

There are some houses that I just haven't gotten a good vibe from. Some of them just aren't for me...and I wonder if I'll even like the lifestyle.....but heck I've made it to almost half the week....so might as well continue! lol

I'll keep you ladies updated....we'll be done by about 2pm tomorrow. Whohoo!!
Closed Thread