GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Fundraising

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,380
2 members and 1,378 guests
acg233, naraht

Old 12-27-2002, 11:40 AM
GreekChat Member

fundraisers

i think the worst fundraisers are the ones where you have to sell things like candy and magazines.. like with candy, over half of the chapter ends up buying thier own candy and just giving it away to people who come into thier room. that sucks because for every $1 candy bar we only make $.50. we are losing money because if each girl just donated the $1 to the chapter we would make more money.

Our best fundraiser ever was a 50/50 raffle, we bought carnival tickets for $6, we got about 3,000 tickets. We then sold each ticket for $1. The tickets were easy to sell because people love a chance and we set up a place in our student union where all the greeks hang out the day of the raffle, whomever won got half of what we raised and our charity got 15% of the rest, we made, personally for the chapter over $700. There are only 11 of us. It was a little work for a large payout.
Old 12-27-2002, 06:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to chideltjen
we actually had a really good turnout for selling magazines one semester... then we tried it again and it didn't work out so well...

worst fundraiser idea... Papa Murpheys, a take and bake pizza place had these discount cards that were good for one 2 liter bottle of soda with order or an upgrade to a large from a medium and stuff. the coupons were $10 and we would get $5 profit. however, there wasn't really a Papa Murphey's nearby and most people that would try to sell to didn't own ovens (ie dorm kids). So most of our sisters ended up selling to themselves and to family. Big waste.
Old 02-26-2003, 01:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to MSSTCY1
The Biggest bust for a fundraiser was a bake sale. We spent twice as much money on the baked goods than what we actually made.

We also held a huge party at a club, but after flyer costs, transportation costs, and the cost of the club which totaled well over 1000 we JUST broke even. And we had to charge like ten bucks to break even, so its doubtful that anyone will ever want to come ever again. People kept telling us that we were going to make a couple thousand... riiiiiiight.

We did a fundraiser at Pizzeria Uno's. We made like $75. Which is nothing, but they told us that the last two groups made like 20 each, so it may not have been too bad. You just hand out flyers for people to go there and if they bring in a flyer on the specified day then you get like 10% of their bill.
Old 02-27-2003, 01:28 PM

The worst fundraiser we had was when we had to sell these coupon books for $30 a piece. The books are great because they give discounts on local restaurants, bars, entertainment, etc. except many college students won't spend $30 on a coupon book. Most don't have the money and most of us are not going to bring a coupon with us to a bar downtown. We were all required to sell at least one book. Many of my sisters figured they'd sell to their parents but the problem was that the books were available for the Orlando area; most of us are not from the Orlando area. We had to place another order to get the books for our parents who live in different parts of the country. By the time my parents got their Ft.Lauderdale coupon book, many of the coupons were expired. We never did that fundraiser again.
Old 03-06-2003, 08:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to slamit93 Send a message via Yahoo to slamit93
campusfundraiser.com... it was f'n horrible... with 40 guys we made a whopping 240, and most of the subscriptions ordered where by brothers... nobody wants to pay 40 dollars for a 2-3 year subscription, and their magazines offered were horrible... don't wast your time with this one!
Old 08-20-2003, 03:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to Canadian AOII
thanks for the heads up on campusfundraiser.com, we were gonna try that one in september but maybe not!
Old 08-21-2003, 12:52 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to essenceofomega
Just to let everyone know, I am working with an up and coming company doing candle fundrasiers, if anyone is interested send me a pm and I can give you some more information. My website should be up shortly, My organization did it and even though we didnt get rich, we made a nice small profit, for not having to shell out any money.
Old 08-22-2003, 02:14 AM
GreekChat Member

We sold phone cards... I ended up selling them to my parents and bought one and only asked one of my guy friends because he'd buy anything from me-- he's just nice like that. I didn't bother asking any of my friends because they wouldn't want them... we all have cell phones so I didn't see the need for them.