GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,058
0 members and 1,058 guests
No Members online

Old 06-02-2017, 06:51 PM
Super Moderator

I agree! And I especially feel sorry for the PNMs when there is an inside joke that the members fall over themselves laughing about, that goes right over the PNMs heads.
Old 06-02-2017, 11:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSUZeta View Post
I agree! And I especially feel sorry for the PNMs when there is an inside joke that the members fall over themselves laughing about, that goes right over the PNMs heads.
Exactly. What's the point if your audience doesn't "get" it????
Old 06-03-2017, 03:14 AM

I don't get these videos either, never have. I think the thing that I don't get the most is the total lack of words or explanations of things.

For example - I know the pool scenes were part of Anchor Splash, but if I was a clueless PNM I might think "if I can't swim, will I get cut from this sorority?" It doesn't explain what Anchor Splash is with even a caption. I am not picking on this chapter or on DG - all the videos are the same way.

That's the whole generation though. Our national magazine has gone from having detailed reports of chapter activites (rush, homecoming, philanthropy etc) to a photo with a perfunctory caption. We're organizations based at institutions of higher education. I think the least we could do is express ourselves with something other than pretty pictures.

(This kind of got ranty. Sorry.)
Old 06-03-2017, 06:32 AM
Super Moderator

Exactly!
Old 06-08-2017, 01:13 AM
GreekChat Member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpBzmdj3G_0
Old 06-08-2017, 11:01 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
I don't get these videos either, never have. I think the thing that I don't get the most is the total lack of words or explanations of things.

For example - I know the pool scenes were part of Anchor Splash, but if I was a clueless PNM I might think "if I can't swim, will I get cut from this sorority?" It doesn't explain what Anchor Splash is with even a caption. I am not picking on this chapter or on DG - all the videos are the same way.

That's the whole generation though. Our national magazine has gone from having detailed reports of chapter activites (rush, homecoming, philanthropy etc) to a photo with a perfunctory caption. We're organizations based at institutions of higher education. I think the least we could do is express ourselves with something other than pretty pictures.

(This kind of got ranty. Sorry.)
I agree. WAAAY BAAACK in time when the most a "rushee" could expect to see would be a slide show is that someone was narrating the slide. They'd share the information about philanthropy, social events etc..IMO it's rare to find a video that shares why a PNM would want to join that group.
Old 06-08-2017, 07:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLLK View Post
I agree. WAAAY BAAACK in time when the most a "rushee" could expect to see would be a slide show is that someone was narrating the slide. They'd share the information about philanthropy, social events etc..IMO it's rare to find a video that shares why a PNM would want to join that group.
The rare videos with chapter women explaining their reasons for joining "and you should, too!" often feature loud, overdubbed background music over the dialogue so you cannot hear the words they are saying. There are also poorly-recorded video dialogues taken during a windstorm out-of-doors so all spoken communication remains ambiguous---I'm remembering the Washington State rho gamma video from 4 years ago.
Old 08-28-2017, 05:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Here's a recruitment parody video from a guys who work at a pub in Tuscaloosa:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BX3ZNorh...innisfreettown