GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,426
0 members and 1,426 guests
No Members online

Old 08-17-2008, 11:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UGAMOMof4 View Post
Well said. My DH, also Greek, and I were just talking about the same thing. We think she'll enjoy it very much and, assuming she gets a bid, she'll be in a place where the girls really wanted her.
FTW - yes, I wish more moms and pnms realized that! I need to go to bed, but now I'm dying to know about your daughter
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-17-2008, 11:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UGAMOMof4 View Post
Thanks! This has been quite the roller coaster ride. I was not prepared for how competitive this would be for her. She is from out of state--not adjoining--which I think makes it a little more difficult. There are so few connections, if any, for out of state girls. With a highly competitive recruitment like UGA, I believe you just need someone on the inside pulling for you every step of the way. From what I can remember from the process many, many years ago, there was always someone pulling for someone from their hometown, cousin, etc. All that means is when the tough decisions come around regarding cuts/quotas, there are so many great girls who slip through the cracks because no one knows them very well. It's all good. My DD is pretty amazing. She will be disappointed if she does not get a bid, but she knows that she needs to move on. She has a very positive attitude and no resentment toward any sorority. Isn't that awesome?
I know exactly how you feel, I had no idea it would be so cutthroat! I honestly thought that because my daughter is gorgeous that she would have no problem getting in anywhere. I have learned a lot for sure but with the Auburn recruitment one thing I noticed when looking over the list of new members (that irishpipes so kindly broke down for us) is that there were LOTS of out of state girls in every group. I also noticed that most girls who went thru pref rounds and hung in there got a bid. I haven't heard of anyone who didn't. One girl from here only had one party after the philanthrophy round and then she was cut from that one after the skit round I felt so bad for her but she got a snap bid from them after all!

Your daughter sounds like a great girl. When is UGA bid day?
Old 08-17-2008, 11:29 PM
GreekChat Member

I think they are meeting for bids around 5:30 p.m. then they are meeting their new sisters around 7:00 -ish....Just what I think I heard today....
Go Greek!
Old 08-17-2008, 11:32 PM
GreekChat Member

I imagine if they are getting a sad call from their GC, it's coming about now. Snap bidding has begun.
Go Greek!
Old 08-17-2008, 11:43 PM
GreekChat Member

So - does that mean no news now is good news for UAMomof4? Hope so!
Old 08-17-2008, 11:46 PM
GreekChat Member

For me, with the info coming in by the minute, this is like the election results that we can expect this November! LOL!
Old 08-17-2008, 11:47 PM
GreekChat Member

I KNOW! It's nuts!
Old 08-17-2008, 11:47 PM
GreekChat Member

I know I can't expect to go to bed anytime soon....DD is texting updates!
Go Greek!
Old 08-17-2008, 11:49 PM
GreekChat Member

We need something like the maps they use in the elections that show by colour which candidate has won - so I guess a map of the campus with the houses in the groups' colours - hmmmmmmm. . .or "paper doll" cutouts of the pnms, to be coloured with the appropriate colours as the results come in.
Old 08-17-2008, 11:51 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm pulling for the pink, blue and bronze right now!
Go Greek!
Old 08-17-2008, 11:52 PM
GreekChat Member

I'll agree to pink, but gotta love my brown!

eta - and it's almost midnight now - surely the call would have come by now if it was to come .

eta - drat, drat, drat. I must go to sleep - but I'm hoping for really great news for you, UGAMom.

Last edited by SWTXBelle; 08-17-2008 at 11:59 PM.
Old 08-17-2008, 11:55 PM
GreekChat Member

That's what we're hoping for UGAMomof4! No news - good news?
Go Greek!
Old 08-18-2008, 12:17 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekAlphaSoup View Post
I'm pulling for the pink, blue and bronze right now!

Me too, obviously. I was just at the house now and we're all REALLY excited. and tired. it's really hard to imagine classes starting in a few hours.

Old 08-18-2008, 06:36 AM
GreekChat Member

uga rush

I am also anxious to hear results - my daughter's house has had a great rush, but I am sad because so many of her friends going through have been cut out early in the process - not what I have been used to in years past. The gamma chi I talked to yesterday said drops and cuts were high this year. Hope they aren't all working for the same group of girls
Old 08-18-2008, 07:50 AM
GreekChat Member

Come back! I want to hear about UGA news and your daughters! (You ugly jawja Sorry couldn't resist, but I am applying there for grad haha)

SWTXBelle--good thing you didn't stay up, you would have had to pull an all nighter!