GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,427
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, FlorCundif
» Online Users: 2,478
0 members and 2,478 guests
No Members online

Old 12-04-2006, 08:32 AM
GreekChat Member

DISAPPOINTED

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOPi_Jawbreaker View Post
Maybe I'm overly pessimistic/cynical, but who wants to bet that "Zara" is really Zachary and wants to build and "sponsor" a "sorority house" for some kind of webcam website?
FIRST- MY SPELLING WAS SO LOUSY 'CAUSE I WAS EXITED THAT SOMEONE EVEN LOOKED IN "MY ASK FOR HELP", SO I WANTED TO WRITE IT FAST, AND I MADE SO MANY MISTAKES. SECOND- I AM MEANING SERIOUS ABOUT THIS , AND I AM REALLY SORRY THAT YOU THERE HAVE SO MANY SICK PEOPLE ON THE NET, SO YOU THINK THAT EVERYONE ARE SO SICK AS WELL AND TRYIG TO TRICK YOU. THIRD- MANY MANY THANKS FOR EVERYONE WHO TRIED TO HELP ME BUT FOR THOOSE WHO HAD SEEN THIS LIKE A BIG JOKE, I CAN ASK FOR ADVICE ON OTHER PLACES IF I BOTHER YOU HERE. I WAS TRYING JUST TAKE ONE NICE THING FROME AMERICA TO THE JOUNG PEOPLE HERE IN CROATIA.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 12-04-2006, 08:35 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zara cro View Post
FIRST- MY SPELLING WAS SO LOUSY 'CAUSE I WAS EXITED THAT SOMEONE EVEN LOOKED IN "MY ASK FOR HELP", SO I WANTED TO WRITE IT FAST, AND I MADE SO MANY MISTAKES. SECOND- I AM MEANING SERIOUS ABOUT THIS , AND I AM REALLY SORRY THAT YOU THERE HAVE SO MANY SICK PEOPLE ON THE NET, SO YOU THINK THAT EVERYONE ARE SO SICK AS WELL AND TRYIG TO TRICK YOU. THIRD- MANY MANY THANKS FOR EVERYONE WHO TRIED TO HELP ME BUT FOR THOOSE WHO HAD SEEN THIS LIKE A BIG JOKE, I CAN ASK FOR ADVICE ON OTHER PLACES IF I BOTHER YOU HERE. I WAS TRYING JUST TAKE ONE NICE THING FROME AMERICA TO THE JOUNG PEOPLE HERE IN CROATIA.
AND PLEASE DON'T BE SO PREJUDICE IT IS NOT HELPING.
Old 12-04-2006, 10:11 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to icicle22
Uh, who said we were prejudiced?
If you were really serious about this then you would have already understood that a sorority house does not create a sorority...sisterhood and bonding do. Sure, there are some added perks by living in a sorority house, but there are even more perks when you start to form friendships and bonds with your fellow sisters.
Old 12-04-2006, 10:48 AM
GreekChat Member

[quote=icicle22;1365993]Uh, who said we were prejudiced?
If you were really serious about this then you would have already understood that a sorority house does not create a sorority...sisterhood and bonding do. Sure, there are some added perks by living in a sorority house, but there are even more perks when you start to form friendships and bonds with your fellow sisters.[/quote

That is the problem you didn't recognize. cause I only can see sororoties on tv or comp. That's why don't understand the real meaning of sororotye so I was hoping that girls who are allready in sororoty could help me but obviously I was wrong. Thank you for your time.
Old 12-04-2006, 11:10 AM
GreekChat Member

[quote=zara cro;1366018]
Quote:
Originally Posted by icicle22 View Post
Uh, who said we were prejudiced?
If you were really serious about this then you would have already understood that a sorority house does not create a sorority...sisterhood and bonding do. Sure, there are some added perks by living in a sorority house, but there are even more perks when you start to form friendships and bonds with your fellow sisters.[/quote

That is the problem you didn't recognize. cause I only can see sororoties on tv or comp. That's why don't understand the real meaning of sororotye so I was hoping that girls who are allready in sororoty could help me but obviously I was wrong. Thank you for your time.
What problem, precisely?
I do recognize that sororities have stereotypes...which are no doubt projected on television or online.
I will admit, I am NOT in a sorority (but am thinking of rushing next semester). But I have been doing research on the subject, a considerable lot, and would be glad to offer my help, if you wished, though I'm no particular expert.
Old 12-04-2006, 11:24 AM
GreekChat Member

well, my dear, let me say this, it's not just money that you need, but enough women who are interested enough to do it.

The concept of a sorority is fairly new to international people besides US and canada, so I highly doubt the stereotype will follow through. What you want to do is to introduce it to your friends and see if they would like to join one. if you are still in school, talk to your student activity council to see what are the procedures.

I personally don't know anything about NPC sororities chartering a chapter overseas, but as others point out, you may want to contact a sorority after you have enough people.

Though, this is just my opinion, that you might be better off starting your own. The question is, does risk management prevent having oversea collegiate chapters and how hard the process is? I know for other sororities in order to start a chapter, your charter sisters and the HQ have to travel back and forth to regulate the process. So distance could matter...
Old 12-04-2006, 11:34 AM
GreekChat Member

I agree.
Old 12-04-2006, 11:45 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutie_cat_4ever View Post
well, my dear, let me say this, it's not just money that you need, but enough women who are interested enough to do it.

The concept of a sorority is fairly new to international people besides US and canada, so I highly doubt the stereotype will follow through. What you want to do is to introduce it to your friends and see if they would like to join one. if you are still in school, talk to your student activity council to see what are the procedures.

I personally don't know anything about NPC sororities chartering a chapter overseas, but as others point out, you may want to contact a sorority after you have enough people.

Though, this is just my opinion, that you might be better off starting your own. The question is, does risk management prevent having oversea collegiate chapters and how hard the process is? I know for other sororities in order to start a chapter, your charter sisters and the HQ have to travel back and forth to regulate the process. So distance could matter...
I think that cost and distance would play the biggest role in this. Followed by possible language barriers.
Old 12-10-2006, 06:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ADPi Conniebama
Fun Thread
Do you want to build a house?
Do you want to start a sorority?
Do you want to colonize a sorority?
Do you want to create a sorority?
Do you want to learn about sororities?
Do you want to learn about sisterhood/philanthropy/recruitment/etc?

I would love to hear how this turns out in a couple of years.
Old 12-11-2006, 12:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADPi Conniebama View Post
Fun Thread
Do you want to build a house?
Do you want to start a sorority?
Do you want to colonize a sorority?
Do you want to create a sorority?
Do you want to learn about sororities?
Do you want to learn about sisterhood/philanthropy/recruitment/etc?

I would love to hear how this turns out in a couple of years.
LOL!
Old 12-26-2006, 03:52 AM
GreekChat Member

i feel foolish asking this but who is Zachary?
Old 12-26-2006, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Designergal3 View Post
i feel foolish asking this but who is Zachary?
The horny dude that SOPi_Jawbreaker thinks "Zara" really is.
Old 12-26-2006, 10:06 AM
GreekChat Member

I think that "Zara" posted a few months too early.

I think the post should be posted on 4/1/2007.