GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 845
2 members and 843 guests
g41965, Sarak24034

Old 07-01-2019, 09:20 PM
GreekChat Member

It's always fun to recognize past pageant titleholders when they are on the radio/tv and discover their post-pageant accomplishments.

Last week on the national tv news, I noticed a Dr. Jen Caudle giving facts for a medical story. I immediately recalled she had been Miss Iowa twenty years ago in The Miss America Pageant.

Several past Miss America contestants are/have been recent national news correspondents (Roxana Saberi and Trish Regan come to mind).

This year when Fran posted Lauren Molella as New York's Miss America contestant, I recognized her last name and googled to find she's a niece to Lisa Molella, Miss New York 1989.

And although I don't know her post-pageant accomplishments, in about 2003 Christy May (Miss Mississippi 2000) was seen sitting among the Tonight Show's audience when Jay Leno spoke to a few audience members (but not Christy).

The Miss America Scholarship Pageant awards funds to many deserving young women, and will soon celebrate their 100th anniversary!
Old 07-03-2019, 11:28 PM
GreekChat Member

SO proud that a Miss America contestant proves she is much MORE than a pretty face!!

Miss Virginia Camille Schrier is a Kappa Delta member from Virginia Tech :-)

24-Year-Old Biochemist Wins Miss Virginia Title
Old 07-08-2019, 03:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetalady View Post
SO proud that a Miss America contestant proves she is much MORE than a pretty face!!

Miss Virginia Camille Schrier is a Kappa Delta member from Virginia Tech :-)

24-Year-Old Biochemist Wins Miss Virginia Title
I cannot tell you how incredibly excited Sciencewoman is about this!
Old 07-08-2019, 06:57 PM
GreekChat Member

^^^ On a related note, Miss SC Morgan Nichols, a KKG, just graduated from the school’s Department of Genetics and Biochemistry. A genetics major, her Miss America platform focuses on STEM studies, especially encouraging young people to pursue careers in the areas of math—and especially—science.
Old 07-08-2019, 10:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Miss Florida, Michaela McLean, is an Alpha Gam from our chapter at the University of Alabama.
Old 08-14-2019, 07:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Bumping TTT, and...

The Miss America 2020 Program will air at 8PM EST on NBC TV Thursday, December 19th, 2019.
Old 08-14-2019, 07:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Cindy Marina, a Pi Beta Phi at the University of Southern California, was crowned Miss Universe Albania.
Old 08-14-2019, 08:12 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DistantXOcousin View Post
Cindy Marina, a Pi Beta Phi at the University of Southern California, was crowned Miss Universe Albania.
How?
Old 08-14-2019, 08:26 PM
GreekChat Member

If a woman is born in one country but moves to a different country, she can sometimes grow-up to represent her birth country in a beauty contest.

It depends on the individual country's, and the individual pageant's, contest rules.

Miss Universe 1988 was born in Thailand, then moved to the USA, and won Miss Universe as Miss Thailand.
Old 08-14-2019, 08:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnation View Post
How?
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.lat...ml%3f_amp=true

It seems like she's a dual citizen through her Albanian-born mother.
Old 08-15-2019, 12:35 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheerio View Post
Bumping TTT, and...

The Miss America 2020 Program will air at 8PM EST on NBC TV Thursday, December 19th, 2019.
Glad to have a date, finally! Also, the competition will be held at Mohegan Sun in Uncasville, CT, which includes the arena that is home to the WNBA's Connecticut Sun team. I imagine that arena would make a great competition venue.

Old 08-15-2019, 09:11 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by unarose View Post
Glad to have a date, finally! Also, the competition will be held at Mohegan Sun in Uncasville, CT, which includes the arena that is home to the WNBA's Connecticut Sun team. I imagine that arena would make a great competition venue.
My parents live about 50 minutes from Mohegan and we've gone to concerts there multiple times. It's not a huge venue but there isn't a bad seat in the house. If only I didn't have a law school final the next day or I would go home to go to it!
Old 08-15-2019, 01:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Competing for Miss America this year - Miss Arkansas 2019 is Darynne Dahlem, a Tri-Delta from the University of Arkansas.
Old 08-15-2019, 02:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: Free and nearly 53 in San Diego and Lake Forest, CA
Send a message via AIM to Steeltrap Send a message via Yahoo to Steeltrap
Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Incorporated member Fionnghuala “Fig” O’Reilly, whose father is Irish, was recently crowned Miss Universe Ireland. Soror Fig was made in Mu Delta, George Washington University.
Old 08-15-2019, 02:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeltrap View Post
Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Incorporated member Fionnghuala “Fig” O’Reilly, whose father is Irish, was recently crowned Miss Universe Ireland. Soror Fig was made in Mu Delta, George Washington University.
Wow, that is awesome! Thank you so much for posting. I used to work with her mom, but haven't kept in touch. I knew Fig did modeling and that sort of thing, so this is really cool. Good for her.