GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,126
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, babobygooglet93
» Online Users: 1,908
0 members and 1,908 guests
No Members online

Old 09-07-2008, 10:28 AM
GreekChat Member

Ole Miss

I know Ole Miss recruitment is still weeks away, but please keep us informed about numbers, etc.
Old 09-07-2008, 05:45 PM
GreekChat Member

My friend whose daughter is rushing at Ole Miss told me that the last ice water party starts at 6:00. Then they will meet with their rush counselors in the dorms.
Old 09-07-2008, 11:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybug12 View Post
I know Ole Miss recruitment is still weeks away, but please keep us informed about numbers, etc.
I will and water parties went well today! I heard that everyone did good and everyone's really excited about this year. I believe numbers are down and it's around 600 girls registered but I'm not 100% sure. I'm sure OleMissGlitter would know more about that.
Old 09-08-2008, 09:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to GatorDG
I was at UF this weekend for the football game. I heard that all the houses made quota but I do not know any numbers. Everyone was excited for their new members but I think that everyone was relieved to have such a trying week behind them.
Old 09-08-2008, 09:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Phi Mu View Post
I will and water parties went well today! I heard that everyone did good and everyone's really excited about this year. I believe numbers are down and it's around 600 girls registered but I'm not 100% sure. I'm sure OleMissGlitter would know more about that.
You are correct about 600 PNMs! I think there are a couple more weeks of registration left so I think the numbers will get up to 800 this year. I think enrollment is about the same as last fall 2007. I heard Water Parties went very well last night.
Old 09-09-2008, 01:54 AM
GreekChat Member

GatorDG, How many girls did DG get? Will they post any bid day pictures some place? Their web site doesnt have any (although it is a really nice website).
Old 09-09-2008, 08:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OleMissGlitter View Post
You are correct about 600 PNMs! I think there are a couple more weeks of registration left so I think the numbers will get up to 800 this year. I think enrollment is about the same as last fall 2007. I heard Water Parties went very well last night.
I believe the last day to register is Sept. 19. I don't know if I like the idea of fewer PNMs or not. I'm glad that Water Parties went well for everyone! I can't wait until October!
Old 09-09-2008, 11:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Ole Miss?

I'm pretty far removed from greeks at Ole Miss (live in Phoenix). Do they make cuts after water? It seems crazy they stretch it out like that.
Old 09-09-2008, 11:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brenda178 View Post
I'm pretty far removed from greeks at Ole Miss (live in Phoenix). Do they make cuts after water? It seems crazy they stretch it out like that.
No, we don't make cuts after water parties. It's basically an open house for the PNMs to get a feel of each sorority before rush starts.
Old 09-10-2008, 10:29 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to GatorDG
I E-mailed a friend who worked rush and she said all the houses took quota, 47, except Phi Mu who took 66. Congratulations to all of them! I saw many walking around campus with their greek letters and they all looked so excited. All of them just darling.

From a friend whose daughter is in another house at UF, I heard that there were quite a few pnm who did not show for recruitment. (Probably why quota was lower from last year???) What the mother was hearing from her friends is they did not want their daughter/son up at school with Fay roaming the state. As a parent I am sure that made perfect sense at the time, but I am sure there were unhappy students!