GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,426
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Abisha55
» Online Users: 2,457
2 members and 2,455 guests
TLLK

Old 05-25-2000, 07:59 AM
GreekChat Member

Post Year round recruitment vs. Rush Period

Just wondering what different school policy is on recruiting new members. My school's policy is a structured one. But our national told us that we could ignored it and do year round. I know NIC also encouraged year round rushing. Just wondering what other schools are like.

------------------
Proud member of BNM Society(Banned from Napster by Metallica)
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 05-25-2000, 01:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to equeen
I think our school is year-round too.

So you got banned, eh? I haven't met that fate. Yet.
Old 05-25-2000, 05:24 PM
GreekChat Member

I think my school has set times for actual rush events--the first three or four weeks of the semester or whatever. But I have read several times in articles and journals and such that recruitment is a "year-round" thing. They say that just because your school's designated "rush" period is over, that doesn't mean you can't keep looking for new members. They suggest that your members look for people in classes, sports, activities, etc. and work on introducing them to your house and eventually making them a brother. Personally, I don't know how well this works compared with doing actual "rush" events, but maybe it works for some houses.
Old 05-25-2000, 07:30 PM
GreekChat Member

I think it falls to all of us that we have to follow a calendar to have informationals (Rush). I do not believe on recruting although it seems to work for some. I feel you SHOULD act and do certain things to make people want to join your org. We have plenty of chances to do things on campus and the community that should speak for us. Then, you have 2 or 3 informational and peole come with questions or whatever. Then you interview them a few times, ask them questions (see what they have to offer and how they can benefit from the org). Also keep in mind that some people might already know what org. they want to join.
Old 05-26-2000, 06:20 AM
Wakawaka

Yoda, what chapter are you from? NY Eta here. Are you guys BMP of traditional? Take care now.