GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,428
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, baangelasteaxdy
» Online Users: 2,439
3 members and 2,436 guests
Cookiez17, navane

Old 10-25-2001, 05:32 PM

?

where do the names acacia, farmhouse, and triangle come from?
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 10-25-2001, 05:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DeltaBetaBaby
Triangle is made up of engineers, scientists and architechts. Because there are three, they use the triangle as their symbol. Their alpha chapter is at the U of Illinois, and their house uses the triangle quite a bit in its architecture.

Acacia is the Greek word for tree. I have heard people refer to AKAK as their letters, but I have also heard that they have secret letters known only to initiated members. The chapter here is the Heth chapter, and I haven't the slightest idea what that means.

Farmhouse is an agricultural fraternity, so I am assuming that is from where that name comes.
Old 10-26-2001, 12:15 AM
GreekChat Member

My boyfriend is farmhouse.. his fraternity was founded in a Farmhouse, that is how they came up with it. They were originally a club and although they used to be comprimised of agriculture majors, they are open to anyone, where as AGR has to have a certain percentage of their fraternity as AG majors... Farmhouse is found at schools with strong Agriculture programs, though. At my school, they won the float award at homecoming and are fun. They are by far the most laid back guys and are a blast (they always had the best parties!). But that is just my opinion and I guess I am kind of biased!

Facebook
Old 10-26-2001, 01:15 AM
GreekChat Member

Question

Best parties? I thought Farmhouse guys didn't drink and were like good Christians and stuff. Of course that could just be the ones at Clemson...
Old 10-26-2001, 10:56 AM

Dianne.....

Hey girl, where've you been hiding??? Haven't heard from you in awhile - welcome back!!!!
Old 10-29-2001, 11:55 AM
GreekChat Member

Actually, Dianne, that's what I thought about Farmhouse until I got here! I think they're supposed to be dry at Clemson but in actuality I don't think they are. They are sweet guys, though, don't get me wrong!
Old 10-29-2001, 01:38 PM
GreekChat Member

There house is dry but they rent out a little place nearby and have parties there and when my boyfriend and some of their brothers lived in this one house they threw huge parties there. There house is dry, but their parking lot isn't. Phi Delta Theta here is dry, as a house, but their rooms are wet, as they say.
And I don't know about Clemson, but at WKU they have a great cheer.. whose house? Farmhouse... everywhere they go. I wish some of them would get on here cause they have a very interesting point of view.

Facebook