GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,280
1 members and 1,279 guests
acg233

Old 11-26-2009, 05:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Oh, and I didn't mean to delete my post. I clicked the button to edit at the end that I did get a bid through continuous opening bidding and accidentally deleted my post. Why would I delete it if the person right under me had copied it anyway? I would be happy to share my story at Texas with anyone, that is why I wrote it in the first place, or else I wouldn't have even written it. It was a learning experience, and THANK GOODNESS KSUViolet QFPed my original post so people can still read it!
Old 11-26-2009, 07:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookem2013 View Post
LadyLonghorn, why do you care so much? Looking at your past posts, it looks like you take a lot of time going back to look at what people have posted before just to come back and rub it in their faces. Yes, I did have an unsuccessful rush at Texas, and no, I am not planning on transferring to another school and coming back to Texas. I would never choose a school just because of their greek life. Like most people should, I am actually going to college to get an education, not to be in a sorority. I actually did get a bid through continous opening bidding and decided to decline it, because after much thought and after a difficult rush, greek life at Texas is something I decided was too much for me. My sister is a junior at Pitt and that is why I was wondering. Thanks though for your feedback LadyLonghorn! Happy thanksgiving to you too!
I have to say, if LadyLonghorn is so wrong, then how was she able to guess the three specific sororities that you asked me about at Pitt? It was uncanny.
Old 11-26-2009, 09:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kddani View Post
I have to say, if LadyLonghorn is so wrong, then how was she able to guess the three specific sororities that you asked me about at Pitt? It was uncanny.
When did she guess the 3 specific sororities? I asked about those, because I know they are pretty well-known, well-established chapters at Texas and are also part of the very few that are at Pitt as well.
Old 11-26-2009, 10:45 PM

Quote:
When did she guess the 3 specific sororities? I asked about those, because I know they are pretty well-known, well-established chapters at Texas and are also part of the very few that are at Pitt as well.
I would assume in a PM. And there you go again (tm Ronald Reagan) with the overstating - "very few"? Get real. There are TWENTY SIX sororities in the NPC, and some of the "big 6" at Texas mean absolutely nothing at other schools across the nation.

If your older sister goes to Pitt, why are you asking random strangers on the internet for info on the Greek system instead of her?
Old 11-26-2009, 11:10 PM
GreekChat Member

I care so much because it is people with attitudes like yours that continue to perpetuate the acrimony and angst in the Texas sorority system.

There are 11 NPC sororities at Pitt. Seven of those are also at Texas. But you only asked KDDani about the three that are in the UT "Big Six." I'll chalk it up to my amazing psychic abilities that I was able to tell KDDani via PM which ones you had asked about long before the last bunch of drivel you posted.

Now if you will excuse me, I have to get back to watching a very frustrating football game with my family.
Old 11-26-2009, 11:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Well there are many other girls out there who are bashing the Texas sorority system more than I am, so you have much more to worry about! 33girl, my sister is not in a sorority at Pitt, so she doesn't know much at all about greek life at Pitt. Yes, I did ask about those 3, because those are the ones that I have the most friends in and are the ones that I hear about/am around the most, and yes, they do happen to be a part of the "big 6," so I was wondering if they were just as good at Pitt. Sorry for being curious! It's thanksgiving... live a little!
Old 11-27-2009, 10:40 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Yes, I did ask about those 3, because those are the ones that I have the most friends in and are the ones that I hear about/am around the most
If you're around them... and you have friends in them... why are you here asking US about them?

@~/~~~~
Old 11-27-2009, 10:45 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASTalumna06 View Post
If you're around them... and you have friends in them... why are you here asking US about them?
She has friends in them at Texas, she doesn't know a soul in ANY sorority at Pitt.
Old 11-27-2009, 02:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kddani View Post
She has friends in them at Texas, she doesn't know a soul in ANY sorority at Pitt.
Ah, I see now. I was wondering why she'd be asking if she knew members of some of the chapters personally.

At any rate, you need to realize, hookem, that to inquire about only three of the chapters (whether you have friends in them or not) is not going to help your cause. Especially when those people/chapters you know personally are hundreds upon hundreds of miles away from where you're going to be.

Asking for reputations, whether it be in regard to one chapter or all of them, is not going to produce a positive repsonse from people here.

@~/~~~~