GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Delta > Delta Sigma Theta
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,468
Threads: 115,513
Welcome to our newest member, dizzycmaarleyy5
» Online Users: 2,252
2 members and 2,250 guests
navane

Old 01-08-2007, 02:18 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Kamryn
Quote:
Originally Posted by redblackdelta View Post
you know i have this theory about both poly and wilson. i think lbpd will wait until the wrong, ahem person gets hurt and then they'll finally do something. notice how nothing happens at cabrillo or jordan??? both poly and wilson have strong alumni who will fight to the death, but you let one of the Bixby Knolls kids, or better yet, the Virginia Country Club PACE or CIC kids get hurt in this mess, and all you know what will break loose.
Girl, that's not a theory! That's the TRUTH! The unfortunate truth... It's all about politics. If you don't know the game, then you lose... That's one of the most important lessons I learned during my matriculation.

One of my peers had this to say on another message board:

Quote:
"wilson technically is an "inner-city" school because they are given that distinction based on diversity and we are diverse enough to qualify. and back when this happened, wilson was a pretty bad school (i don't think it was nearly what the movie makes it out to be, but nonetheless pretty horrible academically).
what gets me though is the teacher, she only taught for 4 years. she then wrote her book, became a lecturer at long beach state, and sold the rights to this movie. if she was such a damn good teacher, she should have kept teaching. instead she chose the self-gratifying, high-paying road of selling her exaggerated life story."

Personally, I can't say that I agree with everything she says, but she does make some good points.
John 16:24
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 01-26-2007, 01:11 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Kamryn
FYI, for the teachers!

Dear Friends-

I have some amazing news to share with you! AMC Theaters and Paramount Pictures have agreed to let teachers across the country see “Freedom Writers” for FREE for one week! Between January 26 and February 1, AMC Theaters will be celebrating teachers and spreading the Freedom Writers’ message by allowing teachers nationwide to see “Freedom Writers” at no charge!

I urge everyone to tell a teacher to go see “Freedom Writers” at an AMC Theater near them for free! I also encourage teachers to bring their class, their co-workers, or even their families to this special film that is touching the lives of millions.

Please help the Freedom Writers and me encourage educators everywhere to take advantage of this very unique opportunity! Please send the attached press release from AMC to everyone you know (especially teachers!) For further details, go to http://www.amctheatres.com/promos/freedomwriters/.

Thank you for your support and I hope you enjoy the movie!

-Erin Gruwell
John 16:24
Old 02-10-2008, 07:22 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to LyonLuv
I just finished reading The Freedom Writers Diary...it really was amazing

Sigma Nu Sweetheart