GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,470
Threads: 115,513
Welcome to our newest member, KetoXP
» Online Users: 2,192
1 members and 2,191 guests
veleyttsy698

Old 04-08-2008, 05:35 PM
GreekChat Member

usc rush as a sophomore?

first, i want to apologize for the lack of capitols...i have a broken right arm and i am typing with one hand..i am not emulating e e cummings.

mt daughter will be starting usc ...where i went eons ago...in the spring. so she will be rushing as a sophomore. she will take some classes to fill her time at a local cc and we will do some travelling in addition to auditioning and doing some television commercials, the last is hopefully. my queston is how difficult is rush for a sophomore at the university of southern california.

my sorority doesn't exist at sc anymore...see my recruitment story..so i have no one to go to for current information.

thank you all for your help..exclamation point
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 04-08-2008, 07:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Things may have changed since I went through rush at SC, but when I was there, sophomores did get bids. I believe we had 2-3 sophomores and other uppper classmen in my pledge class. That being said, SC is a competitive west coast rush (notice I specified for you SEC greeks out there ). Your daughter still needs to be involved and focus on academics as many others have said to other non-freshman PNM's. It probably also wouldn't hurt to get some letters of rec. These are not absolutely necessary for SC rush but couldn't hurt her cause!

Last edited by TrojanWoman; 04-08-2008 at 07:28 PM. Reason: spelling mistake
Old 04-08-2008, 07:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellebud View Post
first, i want to apologize for the lack of capitols...i have a broken right arm and i am typing with one hand..i am not emulating e e cummings.

mt daughter will be starting usc ...where i went eons ago...in the spring. so she will be rushing as a sophomore. she will take some classes to fill her time at a local cc and we will do some travelling in addition to auditioning and doing some television commercials, the last is hopefully. my queston is how difficult is rush for a sophomore at the university of southern california.

my sorority doesn't exist at sc anymore...see my recruitment story..so i have no one to go to for current information.

thank you all for your help..exclamation point
definitely get recs. I hope she shares her recruitment story!
Old 04-08-2008, 10:28 PM
GreekChat Member

she, or i, will write her story. and obviously we have time. but when the time is closer she will ask for recs. and since i went through rush so long ago, with such a different culture she will read these forums for advice and insight. in the meantime...on to graduation and sc football..exclamation point. i know that she can purchase football tickets, but not rush in the fall. fight on and thank you for your insight/help/answers
Old 04-08-2008, 10:34 PM
GreekChat Member

I have a friend who went to USC and rushed as a sophomore transfer last year and got a bid. PM me for more details.

I believe in friendships formed at the spring time of my youth...

Phi Alpha Delta
Old 04-09-2008, 02:33 PM
GreekChat Member

USC is unlike the other CA schools because at USC recruitment is a lot more traditional and recs are necessary. Sophomores at USC certainly get bids. There will be some chapters with a greater preference toward freshmen, but if she keeps an open mind, has good grades and a pleasant demeanor, she will have some options. Best of luck.
Old 04-09-2008, 04:04 PM
GreekChat Member

thank you so much...i'll make sure that she reads everything here.
Old 04-09-2008, 04:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Even the "top tier" sororities will sometimes have about a third of their pledge class (which are usually 60-65ish) be sophomores. She shouldn't have a problem.
Old 04-09-2008, 05:32 PM
GreekChat Member

FANTASTIC she will be thrilled to hear this news. and yes, when the time comes she will get recs and then have a great time,
Old 04-09-2008, 11:42 PM
GreekChat Member

USC recruitment

Hi ellebud, I am currently an active at the Mu Chapter of Sigma Delta Tau at USC. Congrats on your daughter going to USC! I know that other people have mentioned that fall formal recruitment is competitive, but certain houses also conduct spring recruitment. My chapter just came to campus and will be participating in formal recruitment for the first time, but if you have any other questions about recruitment or want a recommendation, PM me.
Old 04-10-2008, 12:04 AM
GreekChat Member

scsigdelt i pm'd you...thank you.