GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Delta > Delta Sigma Theta
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,454
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, nathnpetrovo648
» Online Users: 1,549
1 members and 1,548 guests
navane

Old 07-01-2002, 02:01 PM
GreekChat Member

funny

the actress that plays Terri NEED NOT GET HER BOOGIE ON EVER AGAIN on Soul Food

She's a part of Janet Jackson's RhythmLESS nation.. LOL

Ohhh OOOH It's Saturday..
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 07-01-2002, 02:02 PM
GreekChat Member

I just watched it last night because I missed it on Wednesday, I thought it was good...but a MONTH HAS PASSED... i was like whoa....Kenny has been gone for a month! and where does he live? Does Kenny have an apt somewhere? And how come they didnt just talk it out when they kept calling eachother back? Uuug....
Old 07-02-2002, 08:10 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to kiml122
Quote:
Originally posted by 4MYPEOPLE
Does Kenny have an apt somewhere? And how come they didnt just talk it out when they kept calling eachother back? Uuug....
I was asking myself the same thing about Kenny and where he lives when I watched it last week. When they were calling back and forth I was like just tell the man to come on back home.

Be Breezy - Calvin from "House of Payne"
Old 07-02-2002, 09:25 AM
GreekChat Member

Kenny

I think Kenny's been living out of his office at Chadway Towing..
Old 07-05-2002, 11:29 AM
GreekChat Member

Hmmmm sounds like you all were just as bored by this week's episode just like me.

I just noticed something but every season we start off with a troubled relationship. Last season was definitely Terri and Damon, first season was Bird and Lem. . . Max and Kenny just need to kiss and makeup.

The highlight of Wednesday's episode was FREE 2 PEE. Hilarious. I am a teacher and at the school I just left I was pretty lenient with the passes especially my after lunch classes but our principal instituted a rule, no passes the first and last 10 minutes of class (88 minute classes) and then changed it to 15 minutes. Trust me a lot of kids, 4th period (last class of day) waited til 2:25 to want to pee.

I was getting tired of Christine this show my damn self. Psychic my left toe. Damon could have been and went to her dang on grave. Her family did not have the Armed Guard watching her grave.

Guns, bird, max, kenny, lem --- lawd, there are no words for the possible story line there.
Old 07-05-2002, 04:27 PM
GreekChat Member

CT4...I agree with you! This episode was defintely boring to me. How many more episodes are there before the season is over? They're not keeping me interested. It didn't bother me that I missed twenty minutes of the show. I've never felt that way about Soul Food...they need to work that out.
Old 07-05-2002, 06:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by delph998
How many more episodes are there before the season is over?

There are 20 episodes a season 10 between now and September and then 10 from January til March. They need to have 25 - 30 eps a season.
Old 07-05-2002, 07:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by CrimsonTide4
Hmmmm sounds like you all were just as bored by this week's episode just like me.
I think a lot of people may have been peeling potatoes for the potato salad, cleaning chicken, etc. getting ready for the BBQ! I know I totally forgot about Soul Food. I guess I'll have to catch the repeat. It comes on Sunday night, right?
Old 07-10-2002, 11:40 PM
GreekChat Member

This was a TERRIFIC EPISODE.

For the Damon/Terri SCENE alone, they get .

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMOOOOOOOOOOOOON, boooooooooy you betta WORK IT. **wishing I was Nicole Ari Parker the day THAT scene was taped.*** Damon BOLDLY went where no man has gone before.

The Bird/Mr. Rrrrra Kelly as a math teacher scene was a good story line. Bird, I can see, has always played the part of the troubled youngest child. I was really @ her losing her virginity to him as well as just being involved with him for 6 months. I am a young looking high school teacher and that first year was hard at times for the simple fact that there were students who thought that I was a student and really tried to get with me. However, I told them I was their teacher and I have a respect for myself as a woman and teacher to NEVER desire any of them. Besides where can a bus pass and a weekly allowance get me? I need a 401K and a car. I think it really had to hurt her to know that he also slept with her best friend. The manipulative mofo.

I did LMAO @ Bird for calling Lem a crazy thug. Tee hee.

Oh and Damon, be glad Terri said I want you to stay. She has really forgiven you and you shooooooooowed girlfriend how sorry you were. I was pissed for Terri when old dude broke her pic and then Damon broke her table. Had it been me, I woulda got my and no words would have been necessary.

I am glad to see Max and Kenny back on the road to marital reunification. I really liked that song that Musiq sang. I was CTFU @ Tichina Arnold's scheming ass self and she was the MAIN ONE gossipping. LOL

Next week, LEm returns to being HUSTLEMAN.

Anyway Kudos to the Soul Food cast and writers, etc. for turning this season around because last week was dull to me.
Old 07-11-2002, 07:40 AM
GreekChat Member

I thought this episode was very good as well. Did you notice how Terri looked like she just woke up from a nightmare when she realized that she and Damon did the horizontal mambo. Ole girl didn't look right at all.

I am so very happy that Kenny and Max seem to be on the road to forgiveness and getting back together. I'm glad that the rumor did start, it made Kenny realize that what he knew to be the truth, may not have been seen by everyone, especially is wife.

That Bird situation with the teacher was deep. CT4, my youngest brother is the same way as you. He is a very young looking male teacher, and he teaches high school and the girls love being around him. One thing that he does not do is ever find himself in a situation where he is alone with a female student. Some of these young girls today are scandalous, plus he is 6'6" and like I said everyone actually male and female students love being around him or in his class. He has sense enough to know not to ever cross that line of teacher and student.

Old 07-11-2002, 09:17 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by kiml122
That Bird situation with the teacher was deep. CT4, my youngest brother is the same way as you. He is a very young looking male teacher, and he teaches high school and the girls love being around him. One thing that he does not do is ever find himself in a situation where he is alone with a female student. Some of these young girls today are scandalous, plus he is 6'6" and like I said everyone actually male and female students love being around him or in his class. He has sense enough to know not to ever cross that line of teacher and student.

When I was student teaching, I was given some good advice: Never be alone with a student. Now there have been times that I have taken a couple of students home or out to eat but I believe God gives you a spirit of discernment and I have learned to discern who I can take home or out to eat, etc. Plus whenever I did that in the past, we called a parent and told them from jump.

But I have never been one to think a student is cute AND act on it. I give my students compliments all the time (because that might be the only one they get all day from an adult) but I never say, "OOO BOY I want you."

It is tough enough being a teacher without having the stigma of being a molester attached to your resume.

Overall I really liked the story line.
Old 07-11-2002, 09:28 AM
GreekChat Member

Red face Terri is killing me!!

What is her issue??!! I really don't understand why she was acting all blown after sleeping with Damon. SHOOOOOOOO, let that be me . That would be the look that I would wake up with the next day.
Old 07-11-2002, 09:34 AM
GreekChat Member

Re: Terri is killing me!!

Quote:
Originally posted by lovele1978
What is her issue??!! I really don't understand why she was acting all blown after sleeping with Damon. SHOOOOOOOO, let that be me . That would be the look that I would wake up with the next day.
She had a deep look of WTF WTF WTF on her face.
Old 07-11-2002, 09:57 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by CrimsonTide4
When I was student teaching, I was given some good advice: Never be alone with a student. Now there have been times that I have taken a couple of students home or out to eat but I believe God gives you a spirit of discernment and I have learned to discern who I can take home or out to eat, etc. Plus whenever I did that in the past, we called a parent and told them from jump.

Overall I really liked the story line.
He was told the same thing by a female cousin of ours that has been teching for well over 25 years about not being alone with a student as well.

I agree I thought the story line was good as well, because that ish happens.

Old 07-11-2002, 10:51 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to OhSoPrettyNupe
Bird was off the chain in her underoos