GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Phi Alpha

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,426
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Abisha55
» Online Users: 2,483
2 members and 2,481 guests
No Members online

Old 01-11-2005, 06:13 PM
GreekChat Member

One Voice! One Alpha!

Per my Chapter Brother - - -

"One Voice! One Alpha!"

This is the message that echoed across the hallways of the Atlanta-Westin Hotel that hosted the Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc. - Inauguration of Darryl R. Matthews, Sr. and 2005 Leadership Summit.

My brothers, it was a great pleasure and honor to have attended the Inauguration of our 32nd General President, Brother Darryl Matthews. This was a celebration and a great social event that allowed us to further build relationships with Alpha Brothers across the nation and outside the U.S. In addition, it was a moment for us to gain a new perspective of our organization and revisit our purpose. My love for this organization continues to ever grow stronger when I find brothers who are devoted and have even a greater love for Alpha than I.

It is great to know that when Alpha calls on its brothers that those who have such deep love for this organization, step to the forefront to serve and help contribute to our personal development as men and assist in meeting the objectives of this fraternity. Some Brothers that answered that call this weekend were Congressman Bobby Scott, Congressman Danny Davis, and Former Ambassador Andrew Young. We welcomed the visit of Congressman John Lewis who answered the call of the Alpha bell for others to join in the celebration and to join forces in support of the MLK Jr Memorial Project. Albert E. Dotson, Jr., Chairman of 100 Black Men of America, Inc. answered the call and made a personal contribution of $1000.00 to the MLK Jr. Memorial Project. Our former General Presidents arrived in full force to answer the Alpha call, these Brothers are an awesome group of men who are committed to Alpha Phi Alpha remaining a vibrant organization in the eyes of America. It remains clear that we have several challenges before us but our vision will not waver and our mission remains the same as ever. Today, the vision and objectives of Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc. continue to be carried forth by 14,000+ strong brothers. It is the content of character these brothers possess to be ever mindful of our mission. In the words of our Southern Region Vice President, Ronnie Jenkins, “Today our gains are under siege, our communities are faltering, our people are in despair and there is no place else to look for light and hope, leadership and service except to the men of Alpha Phi Alpha”.

Today, we have 42,000 brothers that the General Office can actually identify and locate but for some reason(s) are no longer financially active with the fraternity. If these brothers need and want to be lifted up, let’s try to help them. I live by the cliché of helping those who help themselves, so I am willing to lend a hand. However, if there are brothers that choose to go in another direction and no longer want to affiliate with our fraternity, as a man I must respect their wishes and only pray they rejoin our efforts one day.

I continue to share my experiences with the Brotherhood because there is much to convey to you regarding the work of Alpha. I continue to learn that much information does not reach those Brothers who are unable to travel to our conventions and that some of you get little or no information but only what you may acquire from the Sphinx magazine. Please note that we cannot provide all the information pertaining to the work of Alpha in our magazine and the Web site. Therefore, we rely on our chapter delegates to provide you the information we are unable to post publicly. It is the chapter delegate that must ensure you have all the information you need to stay abreast of all Alpha activities and how you should remain committed to our mission. If you send delegates to a District, Regional or National Convention, please ensure your delegates are held accountable to bring back written reports. If your chapter funds your delegate's trip or pay the delegate's registration then your chapter should expect such a report. As stated previously, a tremendous amount of dialogue, reports, and activities are exchanged at these conventions. If a delegate returns and states that there was nothing much to report, believe me, their statements are far from the true. Just attend the conventions and you will see for yourself. Let’s stay informed. Read the new constitution and the reports from your District, Regional and National Conventions.

During his inaugural address, Brother Matthews has charged us to act as One Voice, One Alpha. His message was great and I hope you have an opportunity to read it in the next Sphinx magazine. One Voice - One Alpha, what better way to get us thinking in the right direction in 2005 as we prepare for our Centennial Celebration in 2006. Our national convention is in Houston, Texas – August 4th – 8th, I hope to see many of you there.

Much love to you, my Brothers.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 01-11-2005, 08:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Bro. Professor does it again!

Hotep Brothers. Bro. Professor, unfortunately I was not able to be in attendance for such a splendid and awesome gathering to celebrate Alpha's journey w/Bro. Matthews being entrusted to captain the ship. Thanks for the report! Like always, you are right on point. When are we going to start up our CYBER CHAPTER? Afterall, if you are able to kick out such well written and concise information for the brotherhood so quickly you will definitely be able to train DELEGATES on the need to get their reports in to their chapters after they attend our conventions. Bro. Professor, "you da man, you da man!" Brothers, this is how it should be done! Get them reports done ASAP! Bro. Professor, on a last note I am not interesting in the office of Chapter Presidency, but I do have an interest in being IN CHARGE of membership intake (I know what you and Original Ape are going to probably say, "HELL NO!") I just want to assure you, that I am bonded! ok? Can a brother get some consideration for being a CYBER DOP? 06!!!!!
Old 08-11-2005, 10:31 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to The Original Ape
Cool We need it now!!!!!!!

Bruh!!!

As long as I'm in there somewhere, that's all that matters to me!

Last edited by The Original Ape; 08-11-2005 at 10:41 AM.
Old 08-11-2005, 02:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Asst. DOP Bro. Ape's clothes/allowance!

Hotep Brothers,

Bro. Ape, please make sure you obtain the boots, khakis, and a set of BATTING GLOVES from your local military surplus store. I am also going to give you the freedom to make a purchase order of a few PLASTIC GARBAGE CANS that will need to have holes cut out of the bottom and sides, so an individual will be able to slip such over their body.

Bro. Ape, please obtain my BATTING GLOVE from a local sporting goods store.

I want a "CALLER" to be in existence for the "YOU-KNOW-WHAT" and I also am going to want a guide to be included. The GUIDE is going to be responsible for the flag and will need to carry it EVERYWHERE (especially during MARCHES & MOTIVATIONAL RUNS) that will be had EARLY a.m & LATE p.m hours.

Bro. Ape, feel free to use professional judgement in this ever so important matter. Please present me w/an accurate head count and before we commence to the FIRST PHASE of our established program DO NOT FORGET the importance of conducting body observations for "PERPS," brands, tattoos, and any other fraternity markings. Gang tattoos will be discussed on a case by case basis providing individuals are from Chicago or the West Coast and are willing to undergo laser treatment.

Bro. Ape, are you ready? LETS DO THIS!
Old 08-16-2005, 02:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Cool awwh Bruh!!!

It's a damned shame we can't line up our present membership, test them, and kick out the unworthy BEFORE we cross our next line!!!
Old 08-18-2005, 10:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up National Asst. Cyber Dop's wisdom!

Hotep Brothers,

Bro. Asst. DOP O-Ape, you have keen and astute courage let alone awareness of the NEED for TRADITIONS to NEVER be tossed aside!

I hereby am authorizing you to USE PROFESSIONAL JUDGEMENT in maintaining the splendor of MANHOOD TRAINING that will make TESTS (PHYSICAL & MENTAL) to be included in the MEMBERSHIP PROGRAM which is being constructed and developed by US TRUE MEMBERS OF THE TRIBE "PLEDGED."

LINES & UNIFORMITY are a MUST as are a number of other important items that MUST returned to the RIGHTFUL OWNER...THE SPHINXMAN!

Bro. Asst DOP O-Ape, let us continue to MARCH ONWARD and UPWARD and shun the naysayers and the FAGGOTS who might scoff at our AIMS and IDEALS!

PTAH-HOTEP!

P.S. I forgot to mention that I am a LEFTY. So when you obtain them batting gloves for a brother please make sure you purchase a pair of BLACK ONES that are suited for a lefthanded batter who is a bonna-fide & proud ALUMNUS of THE CENTURY CLUB!

Last edited by PHAShriner/1906; 08-18-2005 at 11:00 PM.
Old 08-19-2005, 08:14 AM
GreekChat Member

Cool what would you do if you could start our frat all over again?

Seeing that constitutions of american organizations must meet the criteria of non-discrimination, is there any other way to keep out people deemed undesireable?

Last edited by The Original Ape; 08-19-2005 at 08:16 AM.
Old 08-19-2005, 11:29 AM
GreekChat Member

Angry BRO. APE...YOU ARE NOT ALONE!

Hotep Brothers,

Brother Ape, like always you have posed a very important question. Things have really gotten blatant and increasingly disgusting as of lately w/regards to the FLAMERS. Check out that bit of information I forwarded you about the recently held step-show that took place in Houston at the General Convention.

Feel free to enlighten the room, but beware of upsetting those who are PRO-HOMO and ANTI-HETERO. Afterall, THE HETEROSEXUAL MALE MANIFESTO has been removed from the threads!

Old 08-19-2005, 11:58 AM
GreekChat Member

DATE: August 16, 2005
>>
>>TO: Members of the Historically African-American
>>Greek-Lettered
>>Sororities and Fraternities
>>
>>FROM: Dr.! Michael V. Bowie, NPHC National President
>>
>>RE: Malicious
Fliers
>>
>>Greetings My Fellow Sisters and Brothers in Greek-Lettered NPHC
>>Affiliate Organizations,
>>
>>Recently, there have been a number of malicious fliers/e-mails sent
>>through many list serves depicting men of our beloved organizations
>>as
>>gay or bisexual. These fliers are a disservice to our organizations
>>AND
>>members of the gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgender communities.
>>Although, it would be ignorant to believe that our organizations do
>>not
>>have members who have different sexual orientations, it is
>>malicious to
>>create FICTITIOUS documents depicting these differences.
>>
>>The greatest disservice, however, is the fact that we continue to
>>support this madness by sending these messages to more and more
>>list
>>serves. We are intelligent, college-educated
men and women. I ask
>>that
>>if any inappropriate messages and/or fliers arrive in your
>>electro! nic mailbox, that you delete it and send a separate
>>message to
>>the sender that it is inappropriate to send these type of messages.
>> I
>>thank you in advance for heeding this message. Silence can be a
>>sign of
>>acceptance.
>>
>>************************************************ *********************
>>Dr. Michael V. Bowie
>>National President
>>National Pan-Hellenic Council, Inc.
>>P.O. Box 117045
>>Gainesville, FL 32611-7045
>>(352) 392-9196 Ext.
>>President@n...
>>************************************************ *********************
>>________________________________________________ ________________________
>>
Old 08-19-2005, 01:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Cool It's a damned shame...

that we have to deal with this ****!

Last edited by The Original Ape; 08-19-2005 at 01:09 PM.