GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek History
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek History Fraternity and Sorority historical discussions. Chat about all topics related to Greek history here.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,426
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Abisha55
» Online Users: 2,593
0 members and 2,593 guests
No Members online

Old 06-06-2014, 08:02 PM
GreekChat Member

With respect, I was simply trying to respond to the person who began the thread, as she was seeking out members of Kappa Beta Gamma. If I had been actively looking at GC I would have responded earlier to her posts.

I do not have a lot of posts on GC, but I should still be allowed to ask people not to discuss my organization. I would never discuss a chapter of an NPC (or other larger organization) closing, unless I had actual details about the closing. I simply find it inappropriate to continue noting closings about any organization when the reasons behind those closings is not known by the poster.

Sorry if I came off as rude, but I was simply asking for people to discontinue repeatedly posting about the closings of old Kappa Beta Gamma chapters.

Kappa Beta Gamma 'Til I Die
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 06-07-2014, 10:22 AM
GreekChat Member

I think your complaint is fair. If the OP wants to find the information, she could look for it herself.

AOII

One Motto, One Badge, One Bond and Singleness of Heart!

Old 06-07-2014, 11:06 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kappabetagam View Post
With respect, I was simply trying to respond to the person who began the thread, as she was seeking out members of Kappa Beta Gamma. If I had been actively looking at GC I would have responded earlier to her posts.

I do not have a lot of posts on GC, but I should still be allowed to ask people not to discuss my organization. I would never discuss a chapter of an NPC (or other larger organization) closing, unless I had actual details about the closing. I simply find it inappropriate to continue noting closings about any organization when the reasons behind those closings is not known by the poster.

Sorry if I came off as rude, but I was simply asking for people to discontinue repeatedly posting about the closings of old Kappa Beta Gamma chapters.
Suggestion: in future, to respond to the OP on a thread that hasn't been active, try using the "send a message" function.

As for asking people not to discuss an organization, you can ask, but public information is public information. We all have closed chapters in our organizations, for a variety of reasons. Asking for censorship is IMO not very smart and draws MORE rather than LESS attention to a situation.
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision." Bertrand Russell, The Triumph of Stupidity