GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,070
3 members and 1,067 guests
Low D Flat, naraht, sabellashulzez9

Old 04-28-2013, 05:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Panhellenic Recruitment Registration
opens on May 15, 2013 and closes on September 9, 2013.

Original Post Has Been Updated.

Last edited by MaryPoppins; 07-11-2013 at 09:59 AM. Reason: University of Mississippi - Ole Miss,University of Mississippi - Ole Miss greek life,University of Mississippi - Ole Miss sum
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 04-28-2013, 06:24 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm just so glad to see how supportive the Panhellenic community is of ADPi . Alpha Phi is scheduled to colonize in 2015, and I was worried about how a new chapter would be received. Now I'm more excited than ever that we get to be part of such a great system. ( Still trying to wrap my mind around the size of those new member classes!)
Old 04-30-2013, 11:34 AM
GreekChat Member

Recruitment Dates (updated)

Sep. 8 - Ice Water Teas - NOTE DATE CHANGED!

Sep. 26 - C.A.R.E. Walk sponsored by Panhllenic - NEW DATE !

Recruitment Week
Sep. 29 Panhellenic Convocation NEW DATE !
Oct. 1 Philanthropy Rounds
Oct. 2 Philanthropy Rounds
Oct. 3 Skit Rounds
Oct. 4 Skit Rounds
Oct. 5 Preference Rounds
Oct. 6 BID DAY!

Ole Miss Greek Life "What To Expect" and wear
http://dos.orgsync.com/org/umgreeks/npcrecwear

Original Post and Football Dates updated with this information.

Last edited by MaryPoppins; 07-11-2013 at 09:59 AM. Reason: University of Mississippi - Ole Miss,University of Mississippi - Ole Miss greek life,University of Mississippi - Ole Miss sum
Old 05-14-2013, 10:11 AM
GreekChat Member

Ole Miss Panhellenic Formal Recruitment Registration Opens May 15, 2013:

http://dos.orgsync.com/org/umgreeks/npchowtoreg

Old 05-19-2013, 06:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Updated address for Alpha Delta Pi Recommendations/Letters of Reference:

Alpha Delta Pi Executive Office
1386 Ponce de Leon Avenue, NE
Atlanta, Georgia 3030

Previous Post with address updated.
Old 05-19-2013, 06:35 PM
GreekChat Member

The Ole Miss v. Vanderbilt Football Game in Nashville has been moved to Thursday, August 29 at 8:15 CT so it can be televised.

Other game schedules up thread have been updated.

Old 05-19-2013, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryPoppins View Post
Ponce de Leon Avenue
I love this street name.
Old 05-20-2013, 12:10 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
I love this street name.
I wish I had a dime for every time I've heard people say Pounce instead of Ponce. Puts whole new meaning into the pouncing lion mascot!
Old 06-02-2013, 09:22 AM
GreekChat Member

For Greekchat to answer for PNMs and families. How much stock should a Potential New Member or her family put in information they get from Ole Miss Greek Affairs? What if the information on Greekchat conflicts with information from Ole Miss Greek Affairs or its publication the Angelia?

Last edited by MaryPoppins; 07-11-2013 at 10:00 AM. Reason: University of Mississippi - Ole Miss,University of Mississippi - Ole Miss greek life,University of Mississippi - Ole Miss sum
Old 06-02-2013, 10:11 AM
GreekChat Member

Honestly I think the way to go about it is to remember that Greek Affairs will tell you what you need to get A bid not necessarily the BEST bid for you.
They are pretty reliable about what to wear, grades to enter, and times, etc.

Greek chat has the benefit of being able to review what has happened over several years but lets face it most of us have been out of the game a while - we dont always know the latest change or what the cool kids are up to these days. (Unless of course you are an advisor at that school - props to MP. . )

Think about it like a job interview and you want to put your best foot forward. Meetings that are labelled optional you should still try your best to attend. Minimum GPA is just that - minimum -thus not competitive.
Rec letter information is chapter specific so Greek Affairs cant really tell you for sure - if everyone on here is saying do your best to get letters know that to have the BEST chance of maximizing your invitations your need 1 LOR for each chapter
Old 06-02-2013, 10:35 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeychile View Post
I wish I had a dime for every time I've heard people say Pounce instead of Ponce. Puts whole new meaning into the pouncing lion mascot!
And here in Georgia, it's pronounced incorrectly. In Spanish, the explorer's name is pronounced, of course, PON-say day lay-AWNH. So when I moved here eons ago, I would be pronouncing it like that and the locals would fall over laughing and say, "No, we say PONSE dee LEE-on." And they do. Embarrassing when we have foreign visitors. Well, at least ADPi is on a street with "lion" in it!

Of course, in Georgia, the city of Martinez is pronounced MAR-ti-nez and Villa Rica isn't Vee-ya REE-ca, it's VILL-a RICK-a.

Mary Poppins, about all I can add to what HQWest says is the same thing that I say of all SEC schools: that many old-time Greeks have been stunned by the fabulous legacies who have been dropped by their legacy chapters. So-- legacies, make sure you have an open mind.
Old 06-02-2013, 11:34 AM
GreekChat Member

And Albany is All-BEN-y
Old 06-02-2013, 12:08 PM
GreekChat Member

P.S. Lafayette County, Mississippi is pronounced Lah-Fay-Yet.

Last edited by MaryPoppins; 07-11-2013 at 10:00 AM. Reason: University of Mississippi - Ole Miss,University of Mississippi - Ole Miss greek life,University of Mississippi - Ole Miss sum
Old 06-02-2013, 12:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Oh - don't get started on all the pronunciations of Lafayette in this country! Let's see, there are:

1) Le-FAY-it in Alabama
2) Laugh-fee-ette in English and La-FI-ette in French in Louisiana
3) The one above in MS
4) LA-fee-ette in Indiana
And there are probably others!
Old 06-02-2013, 12:54 PM
GreekChat Member

In New Orleans, the French street names have their own unique "Yat" pronunciation:

Burgundy = Bur-GUN-dee

Carondelet = Ca-ron-da-LETT

Chartres = Charters

Fontainebleau = Fountain Blue

Toulouse = TOO-looz