GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,428
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, baangelasteaxdy
» Online Users: 2,364
2 members and 2,362 guests
Pinkmagnolia921, Xidelt

Old 10-09-2006, 06:09 PM
GreekChat Member

I second the above story...I was never sure about the houses I got invited back to until Prefs...Prefs cemented one choice that I knew I would never belong in that house and did not want to diminish their sisterhood, but totally changed my opinion on another chapter and would have definitely accepted a bid from them...things were meant to be and the timing was not right as well...as a religious person, I knew God did not want me to join at this time.. I don't know about you so I won't make any assumptions, but I do want to wish you the best of luck and hope everything goes in your favor!!! I can't wait to hear how your pref experience goes
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 10-10-2006, 12:41 AM
GreekChat Member

i'm so glad i went to pref tonight! thank you to those that advise me to do so! i'm so happy...

i was asked back from DAISY and CARNATION.

DAISY: their pref was breathtaking. the member that i was paired with remembered me so well and i like her so much. she's an awesome person!! the ceremony was very touching that it gave me goosebumps all over. one of the members talked about her experience in the chapter and how she gained so much, which made me see it in a whole different prepective. i always knew why i wanted to join a sorority, but tonight only finalized the thought. to me, its about the bond that each girl shares with one another and the memories that they make together as a chapter. i can totally see myself happy here and i do hope i recieve a bid from them tomorrow.

CARNATION: this may not be one of my top houses, but they have amazing women in this house. however, i still feel as though as it is not for me. the member that i was paired with was so excited that i returned that i felt bad for not having the same feelings. their ceremony was--well, it left me speechless. many of the members were crying while the stories left us in shock. they have a great sisterhood and tonight i saw it, but my decision still stands with DAISY.

i am so grateful to all those on GC; i hope one day i can give advice to another and help them as you helped me. without people like you, i probably would have not continued onto pref. THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart.

if i do not get a bid from DAISY, at least i know what happened instead of the "what if..." i met many great girls through rush and i plan to keep in contact with each of them.

til tomorrow...

have a awesome night!!
Old 10-10-2006, 12:55 AM
GreekChat Member

im SO glad u went to prefs!! sounds like u had a good experience with both parties you have such a great attitude! i sincerely hope that you get a bid from DAISY tomorrow.. i wish u all the luck in the world!!!!!!!

im sure all of us reading ur thread will be waiting on pins and needles along with you!! good night
Old 10-10-2006, 01:27 AM
GreekChat Member

I'm so glad you had a great time at pref! Did you SIP Daisy or rank them both? Good luck tomorrow!
Old 10-10-2006, 04:32 AM
GreekChat Member

I hope you end up where you want to be. This thread has me addicted!
Old 10-10-2006, 08:47 AM
GreekChat Member

yeah definitely wondered if you SIPed and want to know the outcome!!! This thread is addicting like someone else said above I am hoping and crossing my fingers too that you get Daisy!!!
Old 10-10-2006, 09:03 AM
GreekChat Member

I'm so glad you decided to go to Pref!!!

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Daisy.

Like the others who asked, did you SIP Daisy or did you list Carnation?

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." Eleanor Roosevelt
Old 10-10-2006, 09:53 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to WVU alpha phi
Crossing my fingers for Daisy! Good luck!!
Old 10-10-2006, 10:24 AM
GreekChat Member

haha!! ok ok. if you must know, i did sign bids for both DAISY and CARNATION. i had too. however, i had to rank them and of course DAISY is #1!

i'm off to class. i won't know what bids i recieve until 4 pm!!

love you folks!!!
Old 10-10-2006, 10:25 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by swtserenity View Post
i had too.
Not true. No matter what your RC told you.

ETA: Many Panhels train their RCs to make the impression that if you Single Intentional Pref, that you will not get a bid, the computer will kick you out, etc...and it's simply not true. Also, many RCs are misinformed, so it might not have been intentional that she "made you" list both, she might not know any better herself.

It's a moot point now, because it's done, but for future reference....

Last edited by AlphaFrog; 10-10-2006 at 10:48 AM.
Old 10-10-2006, 10:29 AM
GreekChat Member

Whether you get Daisy or Carnation, I know you'll enjoy Greek Life to the fullest!

Some "sisterly" advice: I know Daisy is number one, and I hope you get your first choice. But do keep in mind there's a possibility that you will get Carnation (#2). Be prepared. If you decline a bid, you can't rush until next school year. So if you get #2, at least go to Bid Day and stick it out for a little while. You may end up really enjoying yourself!

Whatever you decide, though, just be happy and have fun! Life's too short!

Last edited by adpiucf; 10-10-2006 at 10:31 AM.
Old 10-10-2006, 02:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by adpiucf View Post
Whether you get Daisy or Carnation, I know you'll enjoy Greek Life to the fullest!

Some "sisterly" advice: I know Daisy is number one, and I hope you get your first choice. But do keep in mind there's a possibility that you will get Carnation (#2). Be prepared. If you decline a bid, you can't rush until next school year. So if you get #2, at least go to Bid Day and stick it out for a little while. You may end up really enjoying yourself!

Whatever you decide, though, just be happy and have fun! Life's too short!
i agree. if u do get ur #2 choice at least give it a try for a while and see if u like it any better. i cant wait til tonight!

btw, adpiucf, did u end up going to the USF/UCF game? i do believe we won PM me so we dont end up hijacking serenity's addicting thread..
Old 10-10-2006, 03:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by swtserenity View Post
i had too.
Not to hijack, but WHY oh WHY does this continue to be such a misconception!! Frustrating.
Old 10-10-2006, 03:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Good luck! About 15 minutes left until bids are given out - I hope you become a proud new member of Daisy, but I also hope that if you get a bid to Carnation, you will give it a chance. Sending you lots of good luck vibes!!!
Old 10-10-2006, 03:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to AZ-AlphaXi
Quote:
Originally Posted by SigKapSweetie View Post
Good luck! About 15 minutes left until bids are given out - I hope you become a proud new member of Daisy, but I also hope that if you get a bid to Carnation, you will give it a chance. Sending you lots of good luck vibes!!!

Actually I think she's on the west coast .. so more like 3 hours yet.