GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,238
2 members and 1,236 guests
JayhawkAOII

Old 04-23-2014, 10:27 AM
GreekChat Member

Working to get there

I am interested in Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Incorporated but feel as though I am being shunned by the members on campus.
I also feel as if i'm not yet qualified enough to present myself to them, even though they are just regular people I feel as if I'm not yet qualified to be in the organization.
I do not meet the GPA requirement because I played around a lot my first year of college and did not take it seriously, but am on a recovery path now. I the PR chair for an off campus mentor program, the secretary for our university's health outreach org (which involves on campus and off campus service) and also on the E-board for NCNW.
I have expressed my interest to one of the members of the Spring '13 line and ever since then it feels as if they have shunned me as a unit. I am friends with members of other greek organizations and they said that is the natural reaction of members to shun you once you express interest. Should I just continue to make myself known to them and attend all the meetings and programs? Should I not take their reaction towards me personally?

I know getting chosen for the next line is also about knowing members and I currently know more than half of the neos and was wondering if that gives me an upper hand in getting chosen?
Old 04-23-2014, 01:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Determinedtobe View Post
I am interested in Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Incorporated but feel as though I am being shunned by the members on campus.
I also feel as if i'm not yet qualified enough to present myself to them, even though they are just regular people I feel as if I'm not yet qualified to be in the organization.
I do not meet the GPA requirement because I played around a lot my first year of college and did not take it seriously, but am on a recovery path now. I the PR chair for an off campus mentor program, the secretary for our university's health outreach org (which involves on campus and off campus service) and also on the E-board for NCNW.
I have expressed my interest to one of the members of the Spring '13 line and ever since then it feels as if they have shunned me as a unit. I am friends with members of other greek organizations and they said that is the natural reaction of members to shun you once you express interest. Should I just continue to make myself known to them and attend all the meetings and programs? Should I not take their reaction towards me personally?

I know getting chosen for the next line is also about knowing members and I currently know more than half of the neos and was wondering if that gives me an upper hand in getting chosen?
You know the members of the chapter and need to address questions to them or their chapter advisor.

www.deltasigmatheta.org

Good luck!