GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Chapter Operations

Chapter Operations Share plans, ideas, and brainstorm problems related to chapter operations. Topics also include parliamentary procedure, national programs, innovations & etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,333
2 members and 1,331 guests
JayhawkAOII

Old 02-17-2021, 09:22 AM
GreekChat Member

Advice needed

Hey bros,

I was an international student who pledged for a semester before going back to my country. It was a blast! However, I just have a few questions/concerns and I'd really appreciate it if anyone could help me out

So when filling out the OmegaFi details, they asked for an SSN. However, I didn't even know what an SSN was and asked my Exec or the finance guy at the frat. He said it's used to track people who don't pay dues and told me to put in this random number that he gave me, to which I did ( I know I'm a retard). I didn't even know what I did here and how serious it was.

I paid all my dues and was never sent to collections, so I was just wondering if this could come back to fuck me?

My account at the frat has been deleted/archived so I'm assuming I'm good and as far as I know the information is only shared with credit bureaus if I'm sent to collections. Is that right?

Does omega fi/fraternity dues come up under your credit report?
Old 02-17-2021, 02:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoyo1890 View Post
Hey bros,

I was an international student who pledged for a semester before going back to my country. It was a blast! However, I just have a few questions/concerns and I'd really appreciate it if anyone could help me out

So when filling out the OmegaFi details, they asked for an SSN. However, I didn't even know what an SSN was and asked my Exec or the finance guy at the frat. He said it's used to track people who don't pay dues and told me to put in this random number that he gave me, to which I did ( I know I'm a retard). I didn't even know what I did here and how serious it was.

I paid all my dues and was never sent to collections, so I was just wondering if this could come back to fuck me?

My account at the frat has been deleted/archived so I'm assuming I'm good and as far as I know the information is only shared with credit bureaus if I'm sent to collections. Is that right?

Does omega fi/fraternity dues come up under your credit report?
Old 02-17-2021, 04:16 PM
GreekChat Member

?
Old 02-17-2021, 05:19 PM
GreekChat Member

SSN is Social Security Number which all Americans have to track taxes, social security payments, etc.. Unless the US government audits the chapter or any employer you may have had, I doubt you have anything to worry about. Just don't do that again.
Old 02-18-2021, 05:45 AM
GreekChat Member

Yeah I should have known that for sure. That's the only screwup I have had anyways, never used an ssn to work or anything like that so I should be good. I'm guessing if it was a problem, I would have heard something from my chapter
by now.

Thanks for your reply!
Old 01-20-2022, 01:59 PM
GreekChat Member

UPDATE:

Everything is all good, thankfully an SSN wasn't strictly mandatory and so the people handling my account when I was signing up were able to input 000-000-000 for the ssn section my account with permission.