GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,122
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, haledarkz870
» Online Users: 1,645
1 members and 1,644 guests
Titchou

Old 06-26-2009, 10:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
JustThinking....isn't.
Ugh
Old 06-26-2009, 11:26 PM
GreekChat Member

BA ity?
Old 07-10-2009, 02:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to XODUS1914
In the NPHC world there is only one scenario that this can legally exsist. A guy joins Iota Phi Theta in undergrad prior to 1997. He then gets out of college and decides to join a NPHC frat because there is no IPT precense in his area, also prior to 1997. 1997 rolls around, IPT becomes a NPHC member and wham! this guy is officially part of two NPHC orgs.
I know this happened at least once.
Old 07-10-2009, 05:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by XODUS1914 View Post
In the NPHC world there is only one scenario that this can legally exsist. A guy joins Iota Phi Theta in undergrad prior to 1997. He then gets out of college and decides to join a NPHC frat because there is no IPT precense in his area, also prior to 1997. 1997 rolls around, IPT becomes a NPHC member and wham! this guy is officially part of two NPHC orgs.
This is not "legal" since (and I think all the NPHC orgs have this rule; written or not) once you initiate into a general/social GLO (doesn't have to be NPHC), you are not permitted to join an NPHC org.

On the other hand, you can maintain dual membership in an NPHC org and a service, professional, or honors org.

So in this scenario that you know of, the person most likely lied to that NPHC org about being a member of another general/social GLO.

Last edited by rhoyaltempest; 07-10-2009 at 05:25 PM.
Old 07-10-2009, 06:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
No.

If you know of this happening it is only because he slipped through the cracks. He should be stripped of his letters.
Old 07-11-2009, 02:09 PM
SensativAF

My question is what if the person withdrew from XYZ org and tries to pledge ABC org? Is there any rule against that? I know a person who was online with XYZ org and decided it was not for her. She is now trying to join ABC org. Any thoughts?
Old 07-11-2009, 02:21 PM
GreekChat Member

She was inline, but did she cross? That's the key question, because if she did she's out of luck.
Old 07-12-2009, 01:01 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SensativAF View Post
My question is what if the person withdrew from XYZ org and tries to pledge ABC org? Is there any rule against that? I know a person who was online with XYZ org and decided it was not for her. She is now trying to join ABC org. Any thoughts?
If this person was not initiated into the organization, she is not a member and is free to seek membership in another org although the other org may not extend membership to her because she was trying to pledge a different org. This is totally up to the members how they choose to handle this. On the other hand, if someone has been initiated into a general/social glo, they cannot then change their mind and seek membership in an NPHC org and it doesn't matter if a person denounces or even officially leaves their first organization. If they were initiated into a general/social org, they are not permitted to join an NPHC org.
Old 07-12-2009, 04:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhoyaltempest View Post
If this person was not initiated into the organization, she is not a member and is free to seek membership in another org although the other org may not extend membership to her because she was trying to pledge a different org. This is totally up to the members how they choose to handle this. On the other hand, if someone has been initiated into a general/social glo, they cannot then change their mind and seek membership in an NPHC org and it doesn't matter if a person denounces or even officially leaves their first organization. If they were initiated into a general/social org, they are not permitted to join an NPHC org.
Please keep saying this until it sinks in!
Old 08-14-2017, 09:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Wow that's beyond belief! I knew this girl I was in college with she was so rotten, a very horrible person. She tried pledging AKA at Grambling State and was blackballed for one reason or the other. From that point, she moved to another campus and was fabricating stories about her parents being D9 ( neither of them ever went to college) she lied and said she had an older sister that died being hazed while pledging AKA and everything! Anything to try to make herself appeasing in some way. It was absolutely nuts. But I still don't think she ever went as far as actually pledging. I think the AKAs at GSU made sure no one in any D9 sorority would 3ver pledge her.
Old 08-14-2017, 09:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Wow so IOTA wasn't a part of the NPHC til 97????
Old 08-15-2017, 04:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aishaelle View Post
Wow so IOTA wasn't a part of the NPHC til 97????
That's correct.