GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,460
Threads: 115,513
Welcome to our newest member, anthonshtolze75
» Online Users: 2,455
2 members and 2,453 guests
Cookiez17
Closed Thread

Old 12-19-2009, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamagirl339 View Post
That information was very helpful. But Pi Beta Phi has a national rule that they dont accept 2nd year rushers unless the person is LOVED by the house and in that case that chapter would have to contact nationals about that PNM. At least thats what Ive heard from my Pi Phi friends at Alabama and Florida State.
According to the GC Pi Phis, there is no such rule.

End of story.

Stating what chapter you heard that from doesn't change that.

Also starting a new user name to ask the same question doesn't change the answers.

There is no way for anyone tell you with any degree of certainty whether you'll get a bid next year.

It's pretty much common knowledge that the advantage lies with first-time freshmen.

Lakers Nation.

Last edited by KSUViolet06; 12-19-2009 at 06:24 PM.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 12-19-2009, 06:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSUViolet06 View Post

Also starting a new user name to ask the same question doesn't change the answers.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Old 12-19-2009, 06:54 PM
Super Moderator

Seconding what qbt1990 said, we have no rule against non-freshmen and I doubt that any national group does. Why would we want to cut ourselves out of getting some great girls?
Old 12-20-2009, 12:27 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbie's_Rush View Post
Or maybe that's them trying to be nice to you and give you a generic reason versus telling you the truth that you don't stand a chance in hell of getting a Pi Phi bid because of YOU.

Face it. You're damaged goods now. You had your one chance at Bama, and pledging the sorority that wasn't good enough for you had nothing to do with whether or not you had recs the first time. Recs won't change a thing now. You're the same person who rushed first time around and now you're a quitter on top of that.

little harsh? but thanks I guess....?
Old 12-20-2009, 01:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Bammagirl 339, In keeping with the spirit of sisterhood and Christmas, I do not think you are "damaged goods". It's hard to expect 17-18 year old students away from home to make the best decisions and judgement calls. Sounds like you had a good recruitment experience, but just not the finish you had hoped for, by receiving your #2 choice. The reason you depledged house #2 is yours alone, and maybe it was the right thing to, maybe not. No one here on GC knows. Someone said you thought they weren't good enough for you...well maybe it was a "top tier" and you felt out of place for some reason. Maybe it was a house with many girls who party and you don't. Maybe you just weren't feeling included for whatever reason. We don't know why you left. However, if you still think you would like to be a member of a GLO, go for it.
My now deceased mother in law always told my daughter to hold her head up high, and be proud of who she is regardless of the outcome. I suggest you do the same, enjoy Bama, and have a very Merry Christmas.

PS I pledged almost 30 years ago at an SEC school as a sophomore. I knew several houses would release me early, and some would welcome me, because I already had developed relationships with members. In the end, I ended up where I should be, in a fairly new house on campus, that is now the shining star on sorority row IMO. I'm so proud of the chapter! Good luck to you.
Old 12-20-2009, 02:24 PM
GreekChat Member

I have heard of women re-rushing successfully at Bama, but you're probably not doing yourself any favors by discussing your situation here.
Old 12-20-2009, 02:25 PM
GreekChat Member

It occurred to me that perhaps the OP's friends were referring to a "once cut, always cut" mindset. Yes there are some Chapters on some campuses that think that way, but no GLO has an I/Natl policy to that effect. I stand by my earlier statement, it (usually) depends on the reason for being cut last year. If a PNM was released the previous year simply due to a lack of Recs or a GPA that missed the cut off and now that isn't the case, then it would be silly to still hold it against a PNM this year. But no one can say what goes on behind closed doors in a Chapter's membership selection meeting.
Old 12-20-2009, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catfan View Post
Bammagirl 339, In keeping with the spirit of sisterhood and Christmas, I do not think you are "damaged goods".
I'm sorry, but I refuse to blow sunshine or give unrealistic advice to a PNM because it's "in the Christmas spirit."

Lakers Nation.
Old 12-20-2009, 06:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by catfan View Post
Bammagirl 339, In keeping with the spirit of sisterhood and Christmas, I do not think you are "damaged goods". It's hard to expect 17-18 year old students away from home to make the best decisions and judgement calls. Sounds like you had a good recruitment experience, but just not the finish you had hoped for, by receiving your #2 choice. The reason you depledged house #2 is yours alone, and maybe it was the right thing to, maybe not. No one here on GC knows. Someone said you thought they weren't good enough for you...well maybe it was a "top tier" and you felt out of place for some reason. Maybe it was a house with many girls who party and you don't. Maybe you just weren't feeling included for whatever reason. We don't know why you left. However, if you still think you would like to be a member of a GLO, go for it.
My now deceased mother in law always told my daughter to hold her head up high, and be proud of who she is regardless of the outcome. I suggest you do the same, enjoy Bama, and have a very Merry Christmas.

PS I pledged almost 30 years ago at an SEC school as a sophomore. I knew several houses would release me early, and some would welcome me, because I already had developed relationships with members. In the end, I ended up where I should be, in a fairly new house on campus, that is now the shining star on sorority row IMO. I'm so proud of the chapter! Good luck to you.
Seriously, you really need to stick to heli-ing your own daughter's upcoming Bama rush. You have no idea how someone in this sorority hopper's position is perceived by members there. I've been around GC long enough to know what the special code "can't stand" means when referring to a Bama sorority, and it definitely doesn't mean any of the things you suppose. I'm sure that it's just that she didn't uh "make a meaningful connection." Jeez, I bet I can tell you with 99.9% certainty which chapter she depledged too. But apparently I'm psychic that way.
Old 12-20-2009, 08:21 PM
GreekChat Member

D has decided against attending UA, but thanks for your concern.
Closed Thread