GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,535
0 members and 1,535 guests
No Members online

Old 12-17-2009, 10:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Smile Introduced to Alpha Kappa Alpha

Hello to the Lovely Ladies of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Incorporated!

I attended an area event and formally introduced myself to the woman over the chapter that I am interested in. Although I did not get the feedback I had hoped for, I do feel as if I made the good decision to get my face known to her. I also introduced myself to other women in other Alpha Kappa Alpha chapters in my area that my mother personally knew.

For future references, what is the best way I should approach the women of Alpha Kappa Alpha to let them know my interest? Do I tell them directly that I'm interested in the chapter? Or should I just introduce myself and beat around the bush with the subject? I was a little intimidated when I met the woman over the chapter that I'm interested in and I don't want to look like an idiot when I meet other women of Alpha Kappa Alpha.

Thank you so much for your input ladies!
Old 12-17-2009, 11:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Hi Sisterfriend....

Hi there....I am not a member of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority Inc but I am a sisterfriend/aspirant. Please head on over to the Alpha Kappa Alpha forum and read the POW. It will give you insight on what types of questions are appropriate to ask here and what information you can expect in return. Also if you do a search in the forum, I'm sure you will find a few similar threads that might help....Good luck on your journey.
Old 12-17-2009, 11:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Thank you =] I have been trying to get the hang of this site. There's so many threads and forums! Today was my first day ever posting