GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Risk Management - Hazing & etc.
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Risk Management - Hazing & etc. This forum covers Risk Management topics such as: Hazing, Alcohol Abuse/Awareness, Date Rape Awareness, Eating Disorder Prevention, Liability, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,429
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Zae_TheCreator
» Online Users: 2,199
0 members and 2,199 guests
No Members online

Old 05-06-2008, 05:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdsuchelle View Post
WHAT?!?!

THETA CHI?!?!

When I was at SDSU a few years ago Theta Chi was the sweet, slightly nerdy fraternity. I NEVER would have thought they would be the ones arrested... there are several other fraternities that would have come to mind first.

Also I would like to say HA, I TOLD YOU GUYS SDSU IS FULL OF COKE! When I said that a huge percentage of the greek system did drugs, everyone jumped on me and said I was overgeneralizing. Not quite. It really makes me sad.
Way to show pride in your university. I bet you're proud of that degree

Not saying that SDSU is abnormal, just saying that most people aren't so proud of being right about something like this. And it doesn't exactly increase the value or prestige of your diploma.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 05-06-2008, 05:44 PM
Unregistered-

Quote:
WHAT?!?!

THETA CHI?!?!

When I was at SDSU a few years ago Theta Chi was the sweet, slightly nerdy fraternity. I NEVER would have thought they would be the ones arrested... there are several other fraternities that would have come to mind first.

Also I would like to say HA, I TOLD YOU GUYS SDSU IS FULL OF COKE! When I said that a huge percentage of the greek system did drugs, everyone jumped on me and said I was overgeneralizing. Not quite. It really makes me sad.
OH FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!

People got on your ass because YOU WERE POSTING RUMORS AND IDENTIFYING THE VICTIM BEFORE OFFICIAL REPORTS WERE EVEN ISSUED!

Again: http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/sh...ad.php?t=87025
Old 05-06-2008, 05:44 PM

Send a message via AIM to sdsuchelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeppyGPhiB View Post
Way to show pride in your university. I bet you're proud of that degree

Not saying that SDSU is abnormal, just saying that most people aren't so proud of being right about something like this. And it doesn't exactly increase the value or prestige of your diploma.
I'm not proud of it. In fact, I think its disgusting and the university turns a blind eye to it... people should be more aware of what a huge problem it is at SDSU.
Old 05-06-2008, 05:46 PM

OMFG now I remember why I stopped posting at this board.

I WOULD JUST LIKE EVERYONE TO STOP TURNING A BLIND EYE TO THE ISSUE OF DRUGS AT SDSU. I'm not "proud" of being right about it but I'm glad that the police finally stepped up and did something about the problem that everyone secretly knows about.

And yeah, I guess I do feel a little bit like saying "I told you so". BECAUSE I DID.

Anyways I'm out. I hope this sting makes everybody more aware of whats going on. For these 100 kids who were arrested there are probably thousands more that are involved in this crap, and a lot of them are in the greek system.

Last edited by sdsuchelle; 05-06-2008 at 05:52 PM.
Old 05-06-2008, 05:46 PM

She was attacked for saying those things last time. I would feel the same way if I was her.
Old 05-06-2008, 06:07 PM
Unregistered-

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalGirl View Post
She was attacked for saying those things last time. I would feel the same way if I was her.
I know that thread was heavily edited, and feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but people agreed with sdsuchelle and acknowledged that drug use was heavy (see OtterXO's post). Several indicated that chapters and the university need to get more involved.

So I don't really get how people "are turning a blind eye to the SDSU drug issue" like she's claiming.

She was attacked for a whole 'nother reason.
Old 05-06-2008, 06:20 PM
GreekChat Member

still nothin else than just Phi Kappa Psi and Theta Chi are the ones involved however earlier it was reported that more than just these two fraternities were involved with everything so i dont know whats goin on there.....any thoughts???
Old 05-06-2008, 06:23 PM

Back to the topic at hand.. here is a link with descriptions of some of the arrested:

http://www.fox6.com/media/news/f/3/7...ug_Dealers.pdf

Here are the fraternities listed:

Theta Chi
Phi Kappa Psi
Delta Sigma Pi

... and one of them says "SAE marijuana ring", but I don't know if that means Sigma Alpha Epsilon or SAE stands for something totally different.
Old 05-06-2008, 06:32 PM
GreekChat Member

thanks much....this just blows because im theta chi here in lake charles, louisiana and some of our brothers know the members responsible so my phone has been blowin up and im tryin to find out what the hell is goin on. thanks for the update!
Old 05-06-2008, 06:40 PM
GreekChat Member

The San Diego News Tribune has more info. http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/e...bn06sdsu2.html
Old 05-06-2008, 06:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Back to the topic at hand.. here is a link with descriptions of some of the arrested:

http://www.fox6.com/media/news/f/3/7...ug_Dealers.pdf

Here are the fraternities listed:

Theta Chi
Phi Kappa Psi
Delta Sigma Pi

... and one of them says "SAE marijuana ring", but I don't know if that means Sigma Alpha Epsilon or SAE stands for something totally different.
One of the "Student Drug Dealers" is in Sigma Alpha Mu (although not listed as such on there)...
Old 05-06-2008, 06:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Theta Chi IH speaks

Theta Chi has suspended its SDSU chapter, effective immediately. Here's the press release:

http://www.thetachi.org/repository/u...a%205-6-08.pdf
Old 05-06-2008, 07:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: location, location... isn't that what it's all about?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeppyGPhiB View Post
Theta Chi has suspended its SDSU chapter, effective immediately. Here's the press release:

http://www.thetachi.org/repository/u...a%205-6-08.pdf
God what a nightmare for their alumni and HQ.
Old 05-06-2008, 07:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to NutBrnHair
Wasn't it UVA several years ago when some fraternity houses were seized by the government for members selling drugs?
Old 05-06-2008, 07:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nittanyalum View Post
God what a nightmare for their alumni and HQ.
And a nightmare for those legitimate brothers who are members but had honestly no idea this was going on and are likely to face expulsion and no alumni status.

It is a sad day for Theta Chi and all the other organizations involved and for the Greek community at this school.