GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Academics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,458
Threads: 115,512
Welcome to our newest member, SSPrintingLLC
» Online Users: 2,718
0 members and 2,718 guests
No Members online

Old 08-17-2001, 01:14 AM
GreekChat Member

Cool Countdown time!

I go back to school in one week! Can't wait...

How much longer for everyone else?
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-17-2001, 01:27 AM
GreekChat Member

Talking

Only 9 more days for me! I am SO excited to be going back!!

------------------
Megan
"Once a Phi Sigma Sigma, always a Phi Sigma Sigma"
Old 08-17-2001, 01:40 AM
GreekChat Member

I'm moving in 5 days, on the 22nd. I can't wait to get back, but for some reason I'm nervous too. I think that it's because I have a new roommate, my whole circle of friends is going to be different, and I'm going to rush. So many new things.
Old 08-17-2001, 02:49 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to CRMSNTiDEGRL717
Arrow

One more day till I move in and school starts the 22nd!! I'm excited and NERVOUS!!!

------------------
University of Alabama--- ROLL TIDE!!!!!
Old 08-17-2001, 11:38 AM

I am not looking forward to classes starting. Other than that I am looking forward to school.
Old 08-17-2001, 11:47 AM
GreekChat Member

Talking

I absolutely positively cannot wait till I move back up to school!! I'm working in LA this summer, and I miss my cute little beach apartment (AND I live next door to the boys water polo team!!) Unfortunately, I don't move up till Sept. 8th (22 days), Rush doesn't start for 32 days, and classes start in 38.... I still have SO long! I'm definitely jealous of all the kids who are rushing and back at school already. I'm not too good at the whole patience thing
Old 08-17-2001, 01:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Cool

I move up tomorrow, but i am super stressed. I need more loan money, but my mom still has to fill out the paperwork. I need to pay for rent and books yet so I don't have time to wait. I contacted financial aid and they said out of the loans i have now for classes there won't be any left over to pay for rent etc. My mom talked to someone the other day and they said i can apply for $5000 more, but the person today said I can't because I am only a sophomore. So I am really stressed.
My car didn't pass emissions so I don't have a car now. I only had my car for a day and a half. SO w/o a car I can't find any jobs. School jobs only pay once a month and they didn't have very many hours. If I don't get more loan money i need to work a lot. I want to work 30 hrs a week. So due to being pissed/stressed about loans and everything I started crying my eyes out this morning .
I move into the sorority house tomorrow. School starts the 27th. Rush begins Sept 5th.
Old 08-17-2001, 02:23 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm moving in on the 19th... can't wait!
Old 08-17-2001, 08:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Question

I have a quick question...
I moved into a new apartment, the girl who is moving in with me.. I don't know her, we have never met, she needed a roomate and i needed a place to live. So here's my question, I am here before she is and before all her stuff is here, if i were to put a lock on my door and lock it when I leave the house is that rude? I would just be more comfotable knowing my stuff wasn't being stolen and people were not sleeping in my bed, cause I go out of town a lot. Thanks~
Old 08-18-2001, 12:19 AM
GreekChat Member

9 DAYS! 9 DAYS!
Old 08-18-2001, 01:07 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by crys149:
I have a quick question...
I moved into a new apartment, the girl who is moving in with me.. I don't know her, we have never met, she needed a roomate and i needed a place to live. So here's my question, I am here before she is and before all her stuff is here, if i were to put a lock on my door and lock it when I leave the house is that rude? I would just be more comfotable knowing my stuff wasn't being stolen and people were not sleeping in my bed, cause I go out of town a lot. Thanks~
I live in an on-campus apartment and all our doors lock individually. My roomates and I all get along very well, and we leave things in the common areas. But whenever we go out, we always lock our bedroom doors. We all do it, so nobody is offended by the others doing it. Just do what you feel comfortable with. I had roomates before that didn't care if someone slept in their bed when they were away, and thought I was horrible for locking my bedroom. But, I was happy to know that I wasn't going to come back from being away for the weekend and find people living in my room

Old 08-18-2001, 04:29 AM
GreekChat Member

I'm already back at school I've been here for about a week now doing various sisterhood events and preparing for rush which starts on monday!!!!

------------------
"Behold the turtle, for he only makes progress when he sticks his neck out"
- Former Delta Zeta President Betty Heusch Agler (Xi Chapter)