GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Fraternity Recruitment

Fraternity Recruitment Recruitment event ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,123
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, zsamulpitt5293
» Online Users: 961
1 members and 960 guests
LaneSig

Old 01-12-2012, 01:18 PM
Banned

I shall humor the OP who was rejected by these fraternities.

If there was something on your dorm room door, that is not an official letter of rejection. That was people being mean. If such a mean letter on your dorm room door does exist, forward it to Greek Life/the national body of the fraternity for further investigation. That does not mean you will then be accepted by the fraternity but it means that the fraternity will be investigated and possibly punished.

Good luck. Go away.
Old 01-12-2012, 01:27 PM
GreekChat Member

If you're this much of a pain in the butt online, I can only imagine what you're like in real life.

Sorry you were rejected. Why is it that you want to join a group that so obviously doesn't like you?
Old 01-12-2012, 01:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysammy225 View Post
It is regarding a friend and what I found extremely odd is how fraternities and sororities are above the law.
Please cite tha law you think they are claiming to be above.

As for the quote from your (still-has-much-to-learn) "law student," funny how he or she misuses the word "written" in place of "wrote" (as in, they/the fraternity written a letter") in exactly the same way that you have throughout your posts.
Old 01-12-2012, 01:40 PM
Banned

The OP is the rejected friend and the law student friend.

How creepy and stalkerish can you get?
Old 01-12-2012, 01:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
i personally dislike any discrimination in any form, when i see it happen i dislike it.

this was done by the local chapter, i do not even think the national organization is aware of what happened. this letter was just stapled to the dorm's door and was handwritten.
So how do you know that it wasn't a different Fraternity trying to get the one you Rushed in trouble? You don't. So give it a rest. Your "lawyer friend" gave you the answer you wanted so move along. Shoo, shoo!
Old 01-12-2012, 02:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticCat View Post
Please cite tha law you think they are claiming to be above.

As for the quote from your (still-has-much-to-learn) "law student," funny how he or she misuses the word "written" in place of "wrote" (as in, they/the fraternity written a letter") in exactly the same way that you have throughout your posts.
What seriously? How stupid is this forum? ada and brown v. board would be some of the laws that are against discrimination? who doesn't know that there are laws against discrimination?
Old 01-12-2012, 02:07 PM
GreekChat Member

I wasn't aware that the forum itself was capable of thought.

That's what I get for thinking.

Old 01-12-2012, 02:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPhil View Post
The OP is the rejected friend and the law student friend.

How creepy and stalkerish can you get?
you act as if you know something personal yet i see no presented evidence.

perhaps the belligerent answers are because the individuals themselves have a personal hatred of minorities, women or anyone with any disabilities and any question as to whether their own discriminatory actions are wrong responds with completely ignorant answers of "any organization and business can discriminate against anyone"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostwriter View Post
So how do you know that it wasn't a different Fraternity trying to get the one you Rushed in trouble? You don't. So give it a rest. Your "lawyer friend" gave you the answer you wanted so move along. Shoo, shoo!
because they bullied the person? their behavior? because they admitted it?

i am just amused by how many people here are supportive of discrimination of all kinds.
Old 01-12-2012, 02:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
What seriously? How stupid is this forum? ada and brown v. board would be some of the laws that are against discrimination? who doesn't know that there are laws against discrimination?
How stupid are you? First of all, you were typing to an attorney. Second of all, you are the one who claims exclusion on the basis of discrimination.

If you are going to be all dumb and psycho over your rejection, at least use this as an opportunity to learn more about Greekdom. If you acted then as you are acting now, I can see how your rejection was well-founded.
Old 01-12-2012, 02:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Old 01-12-2012, 02:15 PM
Banned

Quote:

i am just amused by how many people here are supportive of discrimination of all kinds.
Then...take...it...up...with...Greek...Life...or the GLO...itself...and...leave...Greekchat...alone.

Why...are...you...asking...us...when...you...claim ...to...have...a...letter...and...all...of...the.. .answers...your...damn...self?!
Old 01-12-2012, 02:20 PM
GreekChat Member

I support discrimination of all kinds.

Old 01-12-2012, 02:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by knight_shadow View Post
I support discrimination of all kinds.
Old 01-12-2012, 02:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
you act as if you know something personal yet i see no presented evidence.

perhaps the belligerent answers are because the individuals themselves have a personal hatred of minorities, women or anyone with any disabilities and any question as to whether their own discriminatory actions are wrong responds with completely ignorant answers of "any organization and business can discriminate against anyone"

One. Many people on GC are graduated and some of us (including some of the members who have responded to this thread) are lawyers. Professional, aka already graduated law school and passed the bar, lawyers. We are a wide variety of people and many of us have actually been discriminated against.

Two. The academic help your friend receives is the same I receive for my ADHD. Soooo many people receive the same academic help for anxiety, stress, ADHD, and dyslexia to name a few. He could have more severe problems as well, but most likely if it is one of those, it plays less in.

Three. When we say local chapter, we don't mean one with a nationals. There are different councils such as IFC fraternities that have many chapters in many states. When we say local, this is not what we mean. What we mean is a fraternity with only a chapter at your school. There are plenty of these as well, however, by some of your posts I doubt this is what you mean.

Four. A note posted on your friend's door is not official. Unless you/your friend witnessed the members of the fraternity post it on the door, it could have been anyone even if the paper had the letterhead of the fraternity/was signed.

Five. If you sincerely were concerned about discrimination, why would you consult strangers on the internet instead of complain to your school? Obviously, it is a student organization so why not complain to the office of student life or whatever it is on your campus. They could investigate and get more facts than strangers on the internet could any day and actually act on them.

Six. Your law student friend does need to learn more. The discrimination he cited was only about business transactions. I also doubt your law student friend was ever greek and probably doesn't really know about how our organizations are formed.

It seems like you came on here looking for: "oh those are bad bad people! The horror!!!"
Which is not what you got. We are members of organizations with private membership criteria that can vary even between chapters of the same organization. We are unable to know what membership selection is in other organizations. If some of the members of the organization posted that letter on your friend's door after bullying him (although it sounds like everyone bullies your friend), then that is horrible and mean. However, there is no way to actually know why they denied him membership because it is secret. Even their nationals do not receive a written record on why they turn down or accept men as members.

I believe you have received adequate responses, but have disliked that they did not tell you what you want to hear. Our opinions will not change no matter how long you badger us. You obviously aren't listening to us. Please leave us be since you are not really looking for information and apparently know everything about our organizations which have been around for hundreds of years and the members on here have been a part of for decades.

One last thing: The word you are looking for is WROTE! For goodness sakes, use your education and write with correct grammar.

"Sisterhood is not about being popular, its about developing character, forming bonds, and self-discovery. If after four years you can hold you head high, then absolutely your sorority is "tops"." - H2oot

Last edited by WCsweet<3; 01-12-2012 at 02:31 PM.
Old 01-12-2012, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCsweet<3 View Post
Our opinions will not change no matter how long you badger us.