GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,456
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, zatylerahvso465
» Online Users: 2,031
1 members and 2,030 guests
PGD-GRAD

Old 04-16-2013, 11:20 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubaiSis View Post
And by the way I had two chapter sisters who had bio sisters in different chapters at the same time we were in school. So it can definitely happen!
I'm kind of thinking that the school you went to a long time ago is pretty different than an SEC school right now so it really doesn't apply here.
Old 04-16-2013, 12:12 PM

It also could have been that if you were making a concerted effort to hide that she is your sister, people might have thought there were some wacky family issues going on - even if they hadn't planned to cut you assuming you you would join your sister's chapter in the first place.
Old 04-16-2013, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnation View Post
I think that *because of required cut numbers*, you see many more in-house legacies cut early on that you did 10 or more years ago. I've known several fantastic IHLs who were cut by almost every other group after first parties because the other groups figured they'd pledge their sister's house. Not fair but understandable--they decide to concentrate on girls they think they have a better chance of getting.
I agree. Before RMF, in-house legacies around here were often advised to cut their legacy chapter after round 1 if they didn't want to pledge there. That way the other groups would give them a chance (word always got around). Now with RMF, the PNM doesn't have a chance to send that message. If they don't want their in-house legacy chapter, they might need to go to school somewhere else.
Old 04-16-2013, 01:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Regarding the OP, if she rushes again, it will not be as a first semester freshman. That alone can get her cut by a lot of chapters in the SEC, though schools with an upperclassman quota might help some older PNMs. Given her class status and a sitting sister, I do think her best opportunity is with her sister's sorority. I understand her wanting the chance to see a little more into others, though. Maybe her sister can let friends in other sororities know that younger sis is open minded to other groups and that it won't be a problem should she pledge elsewhere. If I was putting money on it, though, I would bet on her ending up wearing the same letters as her sister!

Last edited by greekdee; 04-16-2013 at 04:10 PM.