GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Fraternity Recruitment

Fraternity Recruitment Recruitment event ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,390
2 members and 1,388 guests
KDKells, Xidelt

Old 05-08-2010, 03:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
Yeah? Yeah what? Is this rushing to start pledging next fall, or to start pledging now?
I don't know how the system works, but I'm ready to live in whenever.

Another question: Do Greek systems sometimes have an exclusive online forum where they discuss Rushees? Not this one, of course; I'm talking about online communities at particular schools.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 05-08-2010, 04:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floppage View Post

Another question: Do Greek systems sometimes have an exclusive online forum where they discuss Rushees? Not this one, of course; I'm talking about online communities at particular schools.
Why? Would they I mean.
Old 05-08-2010, 04:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:

No, for the same reason why coming here to ask what your chances are, or what a group is thinking, is ridiculous. They discuss things IN PERSON, with EACH OTHER.

If you want to know if a decision has been made, why not go directly to the source? Then again, it seems as if you aren't even sure if you are even rushing.

Old 05-08-2010, 07:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:

We have to know more about how your school's Greek system works.

How big is the greek system and how often do they recruit? How many classes do fraternities usually have a year- 2 or 3? Maybe even 4?

Is there an informal recruitment period going on? (Which is why you're visiting the houses)... Or did you just decide you want to rush a fraternity so you figured you would get a head start for their Fall class? Or Summer class if there is such a thing at your school.

If you're interested I would suggest casually expressing your interest and telling them you're up for partying more with them. Something along those lines. Again, it depends on your campus culture. Just don't come off as desperate.

As for your other question- I doubt any chapter is stupid enough to trash talk rushees over email or on a "private" forum. There's always guys who leave their Facebook/email/etc logged in like idiots, so it would be foolish of them to do so.
Old 05-09-2010, 09:53 PM
GreekChat Member

It would be totally awesome if it's not officially 'rush season'.
Cuz then you're worrying about things for no reason.
That would be epicly hilarious.
Old 05-09-2010, 10:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
It would be totally awesome if it's not officially 'rush season'.
Cuz then you're worrying about things for no reason.
That would be epicly hilarious.
That's what I'm thinking.
Old 05-10-2010, 01:25 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to phitim1905
lol yea reading through this I was like why are you rushing in may? even if its a trimester it should be like mid-pledging. I feel like you should wait till it is actually rushing in the beginning of the semester. But if your place is holding rush now well for one that is weird. Anyways if you are rushing and it is rush week, well if you don't hear from them for more than a week probably they aren't interested. At the same time I read that you attended some or one event/s? So probably assumed you weren't interested. But advice you should text bros or facebook them and tell them that you are interested cause during rush week the rush chair/committee is swamped with random people so if you want them to notice you make an effort to stay in contact.