GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,452
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, saphqueen
» Online Users: 2,352
3 members and 2,349 guests
ForeverAOII, PGD-GRAD, saphqueen

Old 10-31-2014, 11:20 PM
Banned

Oh wow. Was this thread supposed to have nothing to do with race? Are certain GCers (who happen to be white, since we're playing that game) that obtuse?
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 10-31-2014, 11:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinksequins View Post
By the young woman? Well, my personality undoubtedly influences my perspective. As the door answerer, it would take every nerve not to call out obnoxious behavior. Since I would be biting my tongue so hard that it would have permanent teeth marks, I see someone who is pretty calm and collected. She has a trait that does not come easily to me. So that's the basis for my perspective. : )
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanners52674 View Post
Idk how we got to this point, but I never intended thus thread to have to do with race. The topic in the video was secondary to why I posted it. I posted it because I'm impressed that a young college woman was so composed when caught so completely off guard. It's not easy to stay graceful under pressure.
Could it maybe have anything to do with the fact that she's on video?

I guess I'm not seeing what's so impressive. In my opinion, she looked like a deer in headlights through most of this, and she stumbled over her words. Yes, she was kind of "ambushed", so her struggling to find words is understandable. I just can't comprehend why everyone thinks this is something worthy of praising ::shrugs::

I'd also like to think that both sides learned something. The woman behind the camera was a little out of line and seemed to be looking for an argument, but I would hope that MEChA and the Tri Delta President came to understand the views of each side, and that they now know context is everything.

ETA: We still haven't seen the actual costumes that were worn, so it's a little difficult to make an absolute judgment about who's "right or wrong".

@~/~~~~

Last edited by ASTalumna06; 10-31-2014 at 11:58 PM.
Old 11-01-2014, 12:21 AM
GreekChat Member

Location: Living in a dog eat dog world while wearing Milkbone underwear
Personally, I thought the guy in the video handled himself well too. He was articulate, direct, and yet respectful. Yes, the situation could have gotten out of hand, but he made sure it didn't.
Old 11-02-2014, 02:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Well the video has been removed by its user according to Ytube. I wonder if her privacy being invaded had anything to do with the video being taken down? Mecha is pretty out there philosophically so i'm not surprised that this sort of encounter happened.