GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,130
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, zmaisongoogleto
» Online Users: 1,236
2 members and 1,234 guests
navane, speedsters

Old 08-23-2010, 04:03 PM
GreekChat Member

A Northeast recruitment story!

Last edited by redsox; 09-12-2010 at 02:58 PM.
Old 08-23-2010, 04:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Yay!!! Finally a northeastern story! Good luck!
Old 08-23-2010, 04:44 PM
GreekChat Member

I love your theme and your username, go Red Sox! And good luck from a fellow Northeastern girl!
Old 08-23-2010, 05:00 PM
GreekChat Member

What *winter* said! The SEC stories are fun and exciting, but it's nice to read about recruitment somewhere else.
Old 08-23-2010, 05:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Love the theme! Best of luck to you- there are a lot of first generation Greeks on here, it's good to be a trendsetter
Old 08-23-2010, 05:13 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm a Yankees fan, but I'm still excited about a Northeast recruitment story! Best of luck!
Old 08-23-2010, 05:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Thanks for all the support! Just to clear up..it probably seems like I'm from MA, but not necessarily. And northeast doesn't mean the school Northeastern, either. You'll find out soon enough, though! I cannot wait to post my story. I hope it's a good one !
Old 08-23-2010, 05:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Yay for the Red Sox and the Northeast!!! Looking forward to finding out the school!

Old 08-24-2010, 10:42 AM
GreekChat Member

i got really excited that this was my school, but the timing doesn't fit

best luck, though!
Old 08-28-2010, 09:59 AM
GreekChat Member

Just a small update! Yesterday, I was able to talk to a bunch of girls in Greek life at my university! Everyone was SO nice and even though some were in certain sororities all had nothing but lovely things to say about the other 6. It was really reassuring and just made me feel really great about my decision to rush !
Old 09-01-2010, 09:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Hello, all! Today was a pre-rush/recruitment event for those of us rushing and I LOVED it. Each sorority had a table with a display outside in a quad at my school and I was able to meet with each one and ask questions. I’m going to post what my first impressions of each sorority was. Also, just a note, I don’t think they call our group leaders anything special other than “leader.” It works the same way here, you find them and aren’t aware what sorority they’re in..all that good stuff! I wasn’t able to visit 1 sorority (Hermes) because I did not have time. Since it was just a pre-rush event, I’ll be able to get to know them more on Thursday (rush beings). Overall, my impressions of each sorority were pretty good, but some stood out in my mind. Here we go..

Apollo- My impression of Apollo was AMAZING. This was the first sorority I checked out and I even went back to their table again to know more. The girl talking to me was so nice and we talked about different things for about 20 minutes! We really clicked and I enjoyed them the most.

Athena- Well, Athena did not give me a great impression. I introduced myself to a girl, shook her hand and then she literally said, “Umm..well..uhhh, I’m not really sure what to do..let me find someone who can tell you stuff..” The conversation seemed kind of forced and really not enjoyable.

Zeus- I also really loved Zeus. The girl I talked to was so nice and friendly. I only heard rumors and things about this particular sorority, but I chose to ignore them and went in with an open mind. I’m so happy I did. I talked to one girl for a while and others from the group kept coming up to me and introducing themselves. They just seemed very natural and friendly.

Poseidon- This group did not leave an impression that I remember that well. I talked to the girls a little, but none really seemed interested. The girl I talked to kept looking away and wouldn’t really look me in the eye. I can’t really base my impression of 1 girl, but I wasn’t exactly thrilled.

Chaos- LOVED them, too! Chaos was very nice and friendly and all the girls seemed very excited for recruitment. I talked to a few different girls in this group and all were delightful. It was nice not to talk about just strictly sorority things like rush and how nervous everyone is. I was able to talk about my hometown, fashion and a ton of things. I really like them.

Aphrodite- This group was pretty nice, too! I talked to 2 girls who really seemed to be proud of their organization. The girl who shook my hand, though practically broke it! Haha! Otherwise, the conversation flowed and was not forced. It was a good experience.

Hermes- Unfortunately, I did not meet Hermes. I’ll be sure to tell you more about them when recruitment starts.

Based on first impressions, my rankings so far are..

1. Apollo
2. Chaos
3. Zeus
4. Aphrodite
5. Poseidon
6. Athena
Hermes-unranked.
Old 09-01-2010, 10:50 PM
GreekChat Member

The timing doesn't exactly line up with my school, I think people move in this week. Oh well.
Old 09-01-2010, 11:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Since Artemis is my favorite greek goddess, I'll root for her twin- Apollo! Cant wait to hear more and I hope everything goes well
Old 09-01-2010, 11:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Ah, Athena is my favorite Greek goddess, so I'm hoping they make a better impression on you next time! Good luck, and I'm glad you're enjoying yourself so far.
Old 09-02-2010, 01:12 AM
GreekChat Member

Obviously I have to go with Poseidon cause thats our god. but based on what you've said, Appollo!