GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,098
2 members and 1,096 guests
Sarak24034, Sen's Revenge

Old 04-14-2011, 01:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Ritual Question

Hello. I am a new member to this website, but not to Greek life. I am an alum of an NPC sorority and have long since graduated. When a friend's daughter joined a sorority, I started thinking about mine again. (I have not been a very involved or active alum and haven't spoken to any of my sisters in years). My question is about MY sorority's ritual. Frankly, I don't remember much of it. Is there a way to read my sorority's ritual while confirming that I am a member as well? I wouldn't expect to go up to a sorority house, offer the handshake (might be known by non-sisters) and have them hand it over to me. I would like to read my ritual again, because I remember being passionate when I was younger, but I don't want to seem "sketchy" or make anyone uncomfortable. Please advise.
Old 04-14-2011, 01:30 PM

Solution: become an active and involved alumna. Even if there isn't an alumnae chapter near you, there are many different ways to do this nowadays with the advent of the Internet.
Old 04-14-2011, 01:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to AZ-AlphaXi
^^^ what 33girl said ...

contact you HQ to make sure they have your current correct address and aren't "LOST" and then get involved in your nearest alumnae association.
Old 04-14-2011, 01:34 PM
GreekChat Member

There may be a ritual manual available through your sorority's national website. There should be a place for you to register/log-in as an alumna.
Old 04-14-2011, 01:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyMorganBowl View Post
Hello. I am a new member to this website, but not to Greek life. I am an alum of an NPC sorority and have long since graduated. When a friend's daughter joined a sorority, I started thinking about mine again. (I have not been a very involved or active alum and haven't spoken to any of my sisters in years). My question is about MY sorority's ritual. Frankly, I don't remember much of it. Is there a way to read my sorority's ritual while confirming that I am a member as well? I wouldn't expect to go up to a sorority house, offer the handshake (might be known by non-sisters) and have them hand it over to me. I would like to read my ritual again, because I remember being passionate when I was younger, but I don't want to seem "sketchy" or make anyone uncomfortable. Please advise.
Most, if not all, NPC groups have Members Only sections of their websites. See if you can log on. If not, contact your HQ and find out how you can get involved.

I'm an active alumna in my local alumnae group but I can't remember when it was last I saw the Ritual book. Good luck trying to "read your ritual while confirming you're a member."

Disregard this message if you're that creepy ADPi perp.
Old 04-15-2011, 07:09 PM
GreekChat Member

I logged in, but as much as I searched, I didn't see it anywhere in the members only section.

I will e-mail to make sure all my information is up to date.

Are there any other suggestions?
Old 04-15-2011, 07:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Listen to all the suggestions saying GET INVOLVED with your sorority. Those were the good ones.
Old 04-15-2011, 07:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyMorganBowl View Post
I logged in, but as much as I searched, I didn't see it anywhere in the members only section.

I will e-mail to make sure all my information is up to date.

Are there any other suggestions?
Not knowing what is in your Members Only section, I do know the Alpha Gam website has very limited information and the ritual is not on the website. You can always contact a local chapter and attend an initiation, but make sure they don't think you are a perp. Better yet, become an advisor or help during recruitment (i.e. baking cookies for the actives)
Old 04-15-2011, 09:54 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Always AlphaGam View Post
Disregard this message if you're that creepy ADPi perp.
Amen. It sure sounds like her....I think that every ADPi in the world knows about her and I'd love to know what they'd do if she came to an alum meeting and asked to see a copy of the ritual. Or even just came.

I think they should give her an azure catsuit.
Old 04-15-2011, 11:32 PM
Super Moderator

Angry If this isn't Jackie, please ignore this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnation View Post
Amen. It sure sounds like her....I think that every ADPi in the world knows about her and I'd love to know what they'd do if she came to an alum meeting and asked to see a copy of the ritual. Or even just came.

I think they should give her an azure catsuit.
If this is indeed Jacki, then I'd like to strangle her with an azure blue catsuit, prior to siccing the lions on her!

Dear, I know Founders Day is around the corner, and you have some fears about being unmasked. But please let me tell you right here and now that being found out is inifinitely less harmful that what most real ADPis would like to see done to you. Please find something else to do with your life other than perping ADPi or any other sorority - you're only shellacking the idea that most people have that you are mentally ill.

And don't even get me started about your FaceBook page!
Old 04-15-2011, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeychile View Post
If this is indeed Jacki, then I'd like to strangle her with an azure blue catsuit, prior to siccing the lions on her!

Dear, I know Founders Day is around the corner, and you have some fears about being unmasked. But please let me tell you right here and now that being found out is inifinitely less harmful that what most real ADPis would like to see done to you. Please find something else to do with your life other than perping ADPi or any other sorority - you're only shellacking the idea that most people have that you are mentally ill.

And don't even get me started about your FaceBook page!
I needed to quote this. I've never seen miss prim and proper honey use such language and be so mean. I love it.

Lakers Nation.
Old 04-15-2011, 11:42 PM
Super Moderator

*blush*

But still ticked off!
Old 04-16-2011, 12:39 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSUViolet06 View Post
I needed to quote this. I've never seen miss prim and proper honey use such language and be so mean. I love it.
She's been hanging with some of the Badge Trends tough girls. That's what's happening to the woman you all know and love as "honeychile."

What's she keeping in her back pocket / her alter ego? If you don't already know, watch this:

http://youtu.be/4r7wHMg5Yjg.

ETA: weird that the OP wouldn't simply contact her own HQ, but instead would come here and ask. Weird.
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision." Bertrand Russell, The Triumph of Stupidity

Last edited by AZTheta; 04-16-2011 at 12:42 AM.
Old 04-16-2011, 08:08 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzTheta View Post
ETA: weird that the OP wouldn't simply contact her own HQ, but instead would come here and ask. Weird.
LOL, she knows that if she contacts the big lions and asks this, they'll devour her in seconds because they've got her number--they were the ones who alerted the unsuspecting chapter last fall.

I didn't even finish my post last night! I meant to say--I think they should give her an azure catsuit and then tell her, "Before we go into the room, the newest alum club member has to do the chicken dance in it,", film her doing it, and then kick her out on the street. Post her dance on youtube and make sure all the chapters and alum clubs get a copy.

But OOPS! She can't do ritual at Montevallo because she's been banned from the whole campus!