GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,123
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, zsamulpitt5293
» Online Users: 1,091
1 members and 1,090 guests
No Members online

Old 03-23-2002, 01:59 PM

To each and every one of my alumni brothers and sisters of every Greek Letter Organization in the world who gives his or her time to perpetuate our system and organizations.

I have never met one who isn't a fine person or one who doesn't represent his or her fraternity or sorority exceptionally and set a fine example for our undergraduate members.

The undergrads are the main reason for the Greek System's existance, but you alumni are the ones who carry the torch, keep safe and teach the history and traditions and make it all possible.

Thank you all.
The above is the opinion of the poster which may or may not be based in known facts and does not necessarily reflect the views of Delta Tau Delta or Greek Chat -- but it might.
Old 03-23-2002, 06:45 PM
GreekChat Member

To the Alpha Omicron Pi's ~ I used to dream about being in your sorority and still think you ladies are awesome!

To the Tri Delta's ~ Carrie You guys are awesome!!!!!

To the Sigma K's , ZTA's , and Alpha Xi's ~ You ladies were represented excellently on my campus and made for some great competitions and fun times! You should be proud of these chapters.

To the AGD's ~ Nina ~ for helping through trying moments and making me laugh

To BUCutie ~ even though you're not greek you make a greak friend and sister

To the Sig Ep's ~ You guys are awesome!!!!
Old 03-23-2002, 10:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up

DeltaAlum, that is one of the finest things I have seen you post of the many!

You are so right on the subject! When the Alums especially the local ones in the area do not keep reins on the actives, they then get in all kinds of trouble!

You in the Active Chapters may try to Flame Me for this but I and many of the other Alums on site speak from haveing been there or there would not be so many upsetting things happening and the cost of risk management would not be on the verge of maybe putting some Greek Organizations out of Business.

I and many others have beeen through this and is sad at some of the things seen!

We all have love for our Orgs. and Love for the Greek World as a whole, so why not act like it? Why act like Macho Jerks and Screw up something that has been going on for so many years! That so many Brothers/Sisters have been a part of yo these many years!

Sorry, I am not in the best frame as found out something very disturbing medically and life threatening, so I am really a little down!

But hell I am invinciable!

Live Long And Prosper!

LX Z # 1
Alumni
Old 03-23-2002, 11:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Ugh, Tom...hope you're ok. By the way, One more Shout Out for the TKE's. I've met some great new one's lately, like Erik Conard. Love you all!
Old 03-26-2002, 11:28 PM
GreekChat Member

I wouldn't know where to start. Back in the day...

The NPHC groups on my campus always seemed to have everything in order. Thier sisterhood/brotherhood was usually not mentioned in the daily rumor mill. I really liked that about all the groups and AKA always had the most spirited women I have met...I like their call as well.

IFC: Well, I have to use SAE as an example. Those men are the most put together group I have seen. Unlike the typical ideas of what a frat boy should be, they are the opposite. Usually good spirited, well dressed, and well mannered. You don't really hear them voting no to hang out with a certian bunch or putting down a group.

NPC: Chi Omega seemed to always do it right. Locally and what I have seen nationally. That is a great org and I understand why it is the largest NPC group out there. I also give points for dealing with the hazing issues very well.

I LOVE Delta Zeta also ....one of my favorite peolpe in the whole world is a DZ and is they can turn out her, then they are pretty awesome too!

All and all we're all good, that doesn't mean that I think the Greek System is without fault, but I see why it's so popular.
Old 03-27-2002, 04:11 AM
GreekChat Member

To Alpha Delta Pi- My best friend and "soul sister" is a proud member of this 150 year old organization that started it all. These women have always welcomed me in their chapter, even though I was a member of another GLO. I wish there were more wonderful women who see no difference in the word sister.

to Alpha Gamma Delta- another friend who transfered from a another school found acceptance here when her own national chapter at this campus wasn't the same group of women she had joined. Even though she is an Alpha Phi through and through, the AGD's make her feel like one of their own!

To Phi Kappa Sigma - on my campus, you men are nothing but wonderful, caring individuals. You have gone though (very) hard rushes, and even a fire, and are still making the most of what you have. You will come out fighting and on top, stronger than ever!

to Beta Theta Pi - also wonderful men who just re-colonized this last year. You showed everyone you are such a nationally stong organization, and you have nothing but the best to show for it. Congratulations, and many more years to come for you!

To all the active, inactive, former, future and alum members of every GLO and local, thank you for your time, effort, creativity and above all, love. Without any of you, none of us would be here today.
Old 03-27-2002, 11:37 AM
GreekChat Member

Kudos to:

ZTA's: I absolutely love love love your philanthropy!! I think it's a cause every woman should support, and you guys rock for being so involved!!

DG's: I loved DG when I rushed, and had a hard time choosing. Every DG I've met since then from other campuses has been sweet, smart, kind. They represent their GLO so well.

Sigma Nu's: you guys are awesome! True gentlemen, and tons of fun!!

Alpha Xi's: I didn't know about your GLO until I started dating my Hunny-his mom is an Alpha Xi. 40 years after graduating from college she's still actively involved in alumni stuff and spends so much time giving back to her sisterhood. You can really see how much her sisters mean to her.

Finally, love also to the Kappas, the ADPi's, and the SAE's!!
Old 03-27-2002, 02:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to gamma_girl52 Send a message via Yahoo to gamma_girl52
Shout Out...

This is really a nice thread!

These are mine...

To my Brothers in Blue and Gold ...Alpha Phi Omega, you know I'm partial! I've grown to admire all the great service that you do across the nation. Much love to you guys...and my GC brother pirate00, much 2 5 love!

To ALL the NPC women on GC-I've learned so much about you since I've gotten past the "silent monitor" stage and have a great respect for you all! Keep up the good work!

To the NPHC on GC, much respect and love. Keep doing your thing for the benefit of ALL mankind. Your founders would be proud!

To every greek on GC for making a Service Greek like me really feel like a part of Greek Life! I love GC!!

"Life is filled with many things to Befriend, Love, and Serve..."
Old 03-27-2002, 04:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Finer Woman10-A-91 Send a message via Yahoo to Finer Woman10-A-91
Re: A Call to Action: ALL NPHC, NIC, NPC ( am I missing anyone)

Quote:
Originally posted by Finer Woman10-A-91

Moving forward, I want everyone here to say at least 1 nice thing about by a sister greek or brother greek who is NOT a member of your organization...and they can not be a family member or close relative.

If you do not have "other" Greek friends who are not relatives, post something positive about another organization that you really like.

I appreciate all of the Greek communities efforts in providing opportunities to serve our community at large. Here's to you!
(((((((((((NPHC, NIC, NPC and all of the others I may have missed unintentionally))))))))))))

*That was a cyber hug for all of you cyber newbies
I just wanted to highlight this section...the purpose of this thread is NOT to shout your own organization out in your post. I know its tempting...even hard for some. Don't worry we all know our own organization is the best. Resist the temptation!

I am waiting to hear from the NPHCers...where are you all...get off of your board and come to the another playground for a moment!

TechAPhi and 12dn94dst...thanks for the shouts!
Old 03-27-2002, 04:54 PM
GreekChat Member

i want to give a shout out to my royal "couZins" of ZETA PHI BETA SORORITY, INC! I have NEVER met a zeta lady that i didnt like.... you ladies are a real class act, keep doing what you're doing.
Old 03-29-2002, 02:46 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Chigirlie
LOVE TO YOU ALL

Unfortunately I do not know as many organizations as I would like to.. but I really enjoyed getting to meet them at MGCA!! As for the girls and guys on my campus...

ADpi's.. for being true, and keeping strong during hard times...

Tri-Delts... I love you girls! Thanks for putting up with our loudness (we live on the same floor).. and I had fun in Cali with you!

Kappa Deltas.. you girls are so genuine.. thanks for making me smile!

KKG's... Of course.. you all have to be my "sudo sorority".. all my best friends are in it.. and i LOVE YOU for excepting an outsider.. and being true friends.

Gamma's... MAN. I'm jealous of your musicianship!

Ok.. there's more.. but I can't go on all night. GO GREEK!
Old 03-29-2002, 03:29 AM
GreekChat Member

I love this thread! First of all, I'd like to say a huge thank you to all the Gamma Phi Beta's at UCSC...your support and insight (especially from Mariko) have been essential to my Greek experience. Really, I want to thank all of the greek orgs on my campus, but I should also mention Delta Omega Chi, the local frat here. Since they heard of NBO, they've made a great effort to invite us to do stuff with them, and they've taken the initiative in fostering great inter-greek relations. Anyone who has posted on my thread in the rush section gets a huge shout out from me, for being so sweet and supportive and honestly proving that the whole "whatever the letter, greeks do it better/are in it together" concept is true. And finally, a great big hug to the Delta Gamma's at SDSU...one of my best friends in the whole world is there and all of her sisters that I've met have been nice and funny and just all around great!
love, Corina
Old 03-29-2002, 05:56 AM
GreekChat Member

To the Phi Sig, the DZ and the DG that I'm studying abroad with. We may be rivals on our own campus but thousands of miles off campus you have shown that we can put aside our differences.
Old 03-29-2002, 07:37 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to equeen
Great thread, Finer Woman10-A-91!

This may get long....

Individuals...
Greeks at OU: First, the mentors and advisors...to Sydney Jones, MEP advisor and member of Sigma Gamma Rho - thanks for taking me on as one of your own. Same to Beth Stathos, the very best that of Sooner Chi Omegas. And of course, Melissa Rieger of Delta Zeta...thank you, thank you for proving to us all that intelligent people are the most beautiful, as well.

And now, my peers: To Casey Keister (Alpha Chi Omega), Andrea Watson (Delta Gamma), Michelle Salim (Alpha Kappa Alpha)...you broke down the barriers in my mind and showed me the possibilities. Thanks for being there, and being you. To Lewis Holley, a fellow Sooner Chemical Engineering graduate, colleague, and member of Kappa Alpha Psi - you encouraged me and took a chance on me - thank you! Steve Lindo (Phi Delta Theta) and Jimmy Smith (Alpha Phi Alpha), you made my day just by smiling. Thank you. Vincent Tello (Alpha Phi Alpha)...you are cheeky, but sooo intelligent! I no no one more hard working. Thanks for being such a good team member, and keeping S. in line. Good luck!

GLOs at OU: The gentlemen of Triangle Fraternity - thank you for your inspiration, friendship, support, and kindness. You believed in us when no one else did, and I will never forget that. And to the Delta Gammas...your members opened my eyes to the possibilities of greek life. You're wonderful women!

To all of the groups who take the time to get to know my beloved sorority, and are supportive in word and deed - thank you, thank you. There are too many of you to name.

To all of the groups who were, and are less than supportive- thank you as well. Sometimes, the best lessons are the hardest ones - and beleive you me, we have learned what I do not want my sorority to be through your example.

And now, going national...
To the sororities who came before my own, and paved the way...the NPC sororities, who carved ai niche for college women in a time when we were few in number and unwanted by our male peers on college campuses. To the NPHC sororities, who carved a niche for all women, in a time when women of color were even fewer, and even less accepted, anywhere. To all multi-cultural sororities established more recently - Latina, Asian, and most particularly Indian - tradition and culture are a wonderful thing - I'm glad you both established and preserve it.

To the (now defunct) sororities established in the middle of the last century, specifically by and for women persuing scientific careers. You were my personal inspiration! To the similar sororities established in the later part of the 1900s - Sigma Alpha, Alpha Omega Epsilon, and Phi Sigma Rho...you too, are my inspiration.

*whew* ok, those on GC will have to forgive me for not calling out everyone's names....but you know who you are, the ones who represent greek life at its best, the ones who educate me and others with their respectful, thought provoking discourse. A heartfelt thank you.

Last edited by equeen; 03-29-2002 at 08:01 AM.
Old 03-29-2002, 10:42 AM
GreekChat Member

First, to my other Farmville Four "sisters" - Kappa Delta, Tri-Sigma, and Alpha Sigma Alpha. We've come a long way in 100 years. Of the 3, only KD is on my campus, and though they are out main "rivals," they are a great group of girls who are super involved in all aspects of student life...so maybe the powder puff games get a little rough...

To ADPi, I wanted to be one all through high school. So that didn't happen, but I know nationally and at my school y'all are a strong organization...and thanks for starting this whole thing!

To DZ, because my mom was a DZ, and I like y'all's creed.

I am a big fan of the NPHC orgs on my campus. The Zeta Phi Betas are our unofficial "sister sorority" (I think it's the Zeta thing). What great girls, and so much fun! To the Delta Sigma Thetas, who we had a mixer with. Thanks for showing us white kids how to party walk! To Phi Beta Sigma, who are such fun guys and great dancers! And to Alpha Phi Alpha - what gentlemen. Always polite, sharply dressed, and some of the most involved guys on campus.

As far as IFC fraternities, my heart is always with Pi Kappa Phi (even though me and my Pi Kapp guy broke up). I know the alpha chapter well, and appreciate the history y'all have. I have met Pi Kapps from across the country and have always been impressed by how genuine you guys are. I also really like Sigma Nu, who at campus have proven to be the most involved IFC group, gentlemen, and just plain fun!Kappa Delta