GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Careers & Employment

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,425
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, zenjaminusasdz5
» Online Users: 2,944
0 members and 2,944 guests
No Members online

Old 03-07-2005, 12:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Follow-up calls?

Here's the scenario:

At the end of January I had an interview with a company for a position. They ended up going with someone else b/c she had more experience in the particular area than I did (which is totally understandable) but they told me they really liked me and would pass my resume to another department.

The other department actually ended up being a subsidary of the company. The department head got my resume from the other company and called me. I was very interested in the position and he told me how to apply for the job (since I had to apply for it through HR before they could get me the interview). I made sure to follow-up when I didn't hear anything for a couple of weeks, and after 28 days they were finally able to call me in for an interview. It turns out things were really busy around there and that was why it took so long.

The interview was last Monday (the 28th of Feb) and I really think it went very well. It was one of those "team" interviews I guess... it was 6 people from the company (ranging from department head, facility manager, etc) which caught me a little off guard, but I really feel as if I handled it with a lot of confidence and poise. After the interview, one of the people took me on a tour which was really interesting.

I sent my thank-you Tuesday.

I haven't heard from them since.

I don't want to be overly-eager or annoying or anything.. so I was wondering when would be the best time to follow-up, and what would be the best things to say when following up (besides "so... did I get the job? )

I was so excited at the interview about learning a lot of the aspects of the company, industry & position, and I was so excited that I felt the interview went well, that I didn't ask them when there would be a decision made.

I REALLY REALLY REALLY want this position!!!! Of all the ones I have applied for, this is the one I want most. So, any pointers?
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 03-07-2005, 12:30 PM
Banned

Re: Follow-up calls?

9 days after, give a call and say "I would like to follow up with the interview and see what stage you guys are at right now."

-Rudey

Quote:
Originally posted by texas*princess
Here's the scenario:

At the end of January I had an interview with a company for a position. They ended up going with someone else b/c she had more experience in the particular area than I did (which is totally understandable) but they told me they really liked me and would pass my resume to another department.

The other department actually ended up being a subsidary of the company. The department head got my resume from the other company and called me. I was very interested in the position and he told me how to apply for the job (since I had to apply for it through HR before they could get me the interview). I made sure to follow-up when I didn't hear anything for a couple of weeks, and after 28 days they were finally able to call me in for an interview. It turns out things were really busy around there and that was why it took so long.

The interview was last Monday (the 28th of Feb) and I really think it went very well. It was one of those "team" interviews I guess... it was 6 people from the company (ranging from department head, facility manager, etc) which caught me a little off guard, but I really feel as if I handled it with a lot of confidence and poise. After the interview, one of the people took me on a tour which was really interesting.

I sent my thank-you Tuesday.

I haven't heard from them since.

I don't want to be overly-eager or annoying or anything.. so I was wondering when would be the best time to follow-up, and what would be the best things to say when following up (besides "so... did I get the job? )

I was so excited at the interview about learning a lot of the aspects of the company, industry & position, and I was so excited that I felt the interview went well, that I didn't ask them when there would be a decision made.

I REALLY REALLY REALLY want this position!!!! Of all the ones I have applied for, this is the one I want most. So, any pointers?