GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Social
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,457
Threads: 115,512
Welcome to our newest member, ER_Pike
» Online Users: 2,802
2 members and 2,800 guests
John, Phrozen Sands

Old 04-16-2005, 06:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Okay, I'm not Greek, but I love coming up with T-shirt slogans for anything.....why not go with a "popular brand name" theme? For example:

-"Chi Omega" in white script on a red shirt, like the Coca-Cola logo (isn't red a Chi-O colour anyway?)

-"Kappa Delta" in yellow on a navy blue background, like the Kraft Dinner logo.

-A "Trident" logo, but instead of "Trident," it'd say "Tri-Delt." Green would work best, because the green mint flavour of Trident gum is probably the most popular, but I'm not sure what the colour for Tri-Delta is, so whatever it is, that colour would probably be the one to go with.

-The "Sex and the City" logo, but instead, it'd say "Sigma Kappa and the City." (Could also work with "Sigma Delta Tau," or "Sigma Sigma Sigma.")

-Or, if you don't want to do the brand name thing, you could put your letters on the front of the shirt, and on the back, write "Inside this shirt is ONE WONDEFUL WOMAN!!! ABC Sorority."

Oh, by the way.......the A Phi/DC logo idea is SO CUTE.......and I hate heavy metal music, lol. But still, major props to whoever came up with that one.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 04-16-2005, 06:36 PM
GreekChat Member

We've had houses use almost all of those ideas!!

Pi Phi had the Coca Cola shirts... Pi Phi was written like the logo and "Classic" was written underneath... red shirts with white print for actives... white with red print for new members.

Tri-Delt used the Trident shirt a few years ago. (I believe.) It was such a cute design that the shirt hangs in the window of the store that printed them downtown...

Chi O did the "Sex and the City" thing just this year...
Old 04-17-2005, 06:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by STL Kappa
We've had houses use almost all of those ideas!!

Pi Phi had the Coca Cola shirts... Pi Phi was written like the logo and "Classic" was written underneath... red shirts with white print for actives... white with red print for new members.

Tri-Delt used the Trident shirt a few years ago. (I believe.) It was such a cute design that the shirt hangs in the window of the store that printed them downtown...

Chi O did the "Sex and the City" thing just this year...
Okay, how about "Chi-O" written like the Cheerios logo on a yellow shirt? Has that been done too? Wow.....you're right, coming up with original T-shirt ideas that haven't been done before IS hard.
Old 04-17-2005, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Indie_Superstar

-A "Trident" logo, but instead of "Trident," it'd say "Tri-Delt." Green would work best, because the green mint flavour of Trident gum is probably the most popular, but I'm not sure what the colour for Tri-Delta is, so whatever it is, that colour would probably be the one to go with.
Ours were "orginal flavor" color (blue) and instead of 5 sticks it said "51 chicks" because thats how many people signed our charter (it was the first semester after we went national) and on the back it said "WHO WANTS TRI DELT? I DO!! I DO!!"
Old 04-17-2005, 09:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: Either almost in Mississippi or almost in Georgia, or traveling in between
Send a message via AIM to bekibug
Quote:
Originally posted by alphagamzetagam

We have others that say "It's tough being the best, but around here it's tradition." We got a LOT of crap about that one on campus though because they came in right after we'd won greek week for like the 2nd time in a row and everyone thought we were being cocky. We ordered them before greek week though.
<hijack>
My mom's chapter won Greek Week way back when and had bumper stickers made that said "Kappa Delta: It's hard to be humble when you're No. 1." There was some song that line was in that was a huge hit then. We found a sticker over spring break when we were cleaning out the cedar chest.
</hijack>
Old 05-11-2005, 08:33 PM
GreekChat Member

I loved the ones that we had that said...
"Gamma Phi Beta... You should be so lucky"

It was on a green long sleeve tee, and had a cute little shamrock logo.

It was perfect for spring rush.

Warning: The above post may be dripping in sarcasm and full of smartassedness.
Old 06-13-2005, 11:49 PM
GreekChat Member

We've had these shirts:

Front: GET SOME
Back: PI LOVE
Alpha Class 2004 (could work with any sorority!)

Front: Alpha Delta Pi
Beau Tie 2005 (our valentine's day crush party!)
Back: What guy needs a tie when he's got an ADPi?

Front: Everyone loves an ADPi girl! (like someone else said, this one can be done for any sorority!)

(not sure if we used this one, but it was an idea for a recruitment shirt):
Back: Priceless
(black shirt with silver writing...played off of a mastercard thing in the skit!)

Est. 1851
Back: Not only did we invent sororities, we perfected them!

(Picture of a Diamond)
"Diamonds are Forever"

(Bid Day T-shirts):
Front: NFL Logo, but with the ADPi letters instead
Back: Best in the Nation, tryouts again next fall!

(from a Mixer we have on a farm!):
Take Over The Farm 200X
Back: He Thinks My Tractor's Sexy!

and lots more I can't think of right now!

Old 06-13-2005, 11:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: Either almost in Mississippi or almost in Georgia, or traveling in between
Send a message via AIM to bekibug
There was a cute shirt the ADPis here had from a few years ago. It had a tiger paw and ADPi letters on it and said "The two best decisions I ever made." Everyone (i.e., other sororities) thought it was cute, except for the fact that the paw looked too much like Clemson's logo. Not that there's anything wrong with that, just a bit misleading if you can't see it's an Auburn shirt right off.
Old 06-14-2005, 03:14 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ARADPi
The Tri-Delts here did a play on the Delta Airlines logo... I can't recall for the life of me exactly what it said, but it was ADORABLE!

The KD's Intramural shirts this year said
Front: Kappa Delta
Back: Our Good is Better Than Your Best

The KD's family Weekend shirt said
Front: Kappa Delta Family Weekend 200X
Back: We've Got Our Daddy's Money and Our Mama's Good Looks

Our Derby Days Shirts were SUPER cute this year!
Front: Team ADPi & Sigma Chi
Back: Talk Derby to Me!

A few years back, my chapter did a bid day shirt with a Moulin Rogue theme
Front: Moulin Rogue logo with Alpha Delta Pi instead of Moulin Rogue
Back: Scene from the movie (I forget which one) and underneath it said "Diamonds Are A Girl's Best Friend"
Old 06-14-2005, 04:25 PM
GreekChat Member

We did one that said Sisterhood is brought to you by the letters and then underneath it had big bird holding AXO.

There was one that we did with a diamond that said Sisters Are Forever.

Another sorority did one with the mike's hard lemonade logo but it had their letters inside and underneath it said sisterhood with a kick...
Old 06-14-2005, 04:41 PM
GreekChat Member

What about " I Dream of DG" Or " DZ Boot Camp" i personally like " I wish I may I way i might, I wish i become a Tri Delta Tonight"
Old 06-14-2005, 05:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by bekibug
There was a cute shirt the ADPis here had from a few years ago. It had a tiger paw and ADPi letters on it and said "The two best decisions I ever made."
We did that one in the 1990s-- bid day shirt was ADPi letters going across our university mascot, Knightro--- the words: The Two Best Choices I Ever Made

We also did one with a lion wishing on a star-- "ADPi: I wish I may, I got the wish I wished last night." In our pref ceremony the day before, the president said to the PNM's "I wish you may, I wish you might: get the wish you wish tonight." It was very cute.

Another year it was a diamond and inside the diamond were the stars and stripes. The motto was "ADPi: Keeping America Beautiful since 1851."

For our Find a Mister for Your Sister Date Function: B/W photo of a little girl and a boy--- and the words "The only thing worse than an ADPi without a man is a man without an ADPi"
Old 07-05-2005, 12:41 AM
GreekChat Member

greek101

Guess what I found? A discount code giving 5% off all online orders at www.greek101.com just type: GREEKGEAR at checkout and you'll see the savings.
You can browse their Design Gallery. They have hundreds of designs to choose from. I love this place.

Look at the dog shirt I found. You can get your greek letters on it!
Old 11-26-2005, 11:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ejbiff Send a message via Yahoo to ejbiff
Sorry for the late post, but I just found this thread!

For recruitment this year, we had a couple of cute shirts.
One was purple with white prints: Everyone deserves to be a princess, with a picture of a crown and in the points of the crown were Sigma's.
The other was black with silver print. The front said Tri Sigma is like your favorite pair of shoes. Back: It just fits! and there was a picture of a stiletto on it.
Old 11-27-2005, 08:01 AM
GreekChat Member

My favorite saying as of lately is one I saw on eBay from another Alpha Chi chapter: Roses are red, violets are blue, if you weren't at our formal, we feel sorry for you.

I know we've debated a million times about snarky shirts, but that would work well at a lot of campuses. It's cute.