GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Dating & Relationships

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,166
4 members and 1,162 guests
flamboyanttree, John, LaneSig

Old 07-18-2008, 02:44 PM
GreekChat Member

SthrnZTA your wedding is like almost exactly a year after mine !
Enjoy all the planning and events leading up to it ! before you know it you'll have 6 weeks left, have a pile of shower gifts, and tubs of decorations taking over your living room like me !
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 07-18-2008, 06:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ZTABullwinkle
Wedding checks...

Sent the invites today, I guess there is no turning back now. The honeymoon is paid for, as are the airline tickets. Eight days at Walt Disney World! YEAH!

"Even in our sleep, pain which cannot forget, falls drop by drop upon our hearts. Until against our will comes the wisdom of God."
Old 07-19-2008, 12:10 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZTABullwinkle View Post
Sent the invites today, I guess there is no turning back now.
Congratulations!!! I was surprised at how quickly we started getting responses back, so by the end of next week, you will have some responses.
Old 07-19-2008, 12:39 AM
GreekChat Member

I sent mine out last week and I already have 20 confirmed guests !
Old 07-21-2008, 05:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PhoenixAzul
I can't wait to send out the invites. I was so infatuated with them when they came back from the printer that I wanted to send them then and there...but the wedding's not for another 4 months, and that was 3 months ago on top of that! gaaaaaaaaaaaah.

I have a thing for nice stationary.
Old 07-22-2008, 12:50 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixAzul View Post
I can't wait to send out the invites. I was so infatuated with them when they came back from the printer that I wanted to send them then and there...but the wedding's not for another 4 months, and that was 3 months ago on top of that! gaaaaaaaaaaaah.

I have a thing for nice stationary.
oh, I totally cried when we picked ours up. LOL seeing everything all official was amazing and overwhelming !
Old 07-22-2008, 12:59 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitter650 View Post
oh, I totally cried when we picked ours up. LOL seeing everything all official was amazing and overwhelming !

I am so glad I am not the only one who teared up when she picked up her wedding invites. I totally agree it is overwhelming when you see it on paper. I think that is what got me.

So, married folk, how many of you found you had made some errors when addressing envelopes? I have heard of three, hopefully there isn't any more. I am so embarrassed that all those times checking and re-checking the list I still made mistakes.

"Even in our sleep, pain which cannot forget, falls drop by drop upon our hearts. Until against our will comes the wisdom of God."
Old 07-22-2008, 01:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Sending the B list invitations out today and I'm so glad to be getting them out of my house! We've already started getting RSVPs back from our A list and I'm a bit disappointed...I know I cant take this personally and the economy sucks right now but there are people (family friends and some of my friends) that had told me months ago that they were coming but I was suprised when we got their RSVPs and it was a decline. I wish that they had been able to at least be upfront with me and I'm a bit upset that they arent coming bc I always pictures them at my wedding (I know that sounds cheesy but its true). Anyway here I am less than 40 days away from my wedding upset when I should be enjoying this
Old 07-22-2008, 02:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to SthrnZeta
Quote:
SthrnZTA your wedding is like almost exactly a year after mine !
Enjoy all the planning and events leading up to it ! before you know it you'll have 6 weeks left, have a pile of shower gifts, and tubs of decorations taking over your living room like me !
Haha, I can't wait! When J is home on leave we're be booking a couple vendors and deciding on colors so that'll be exciting!
Old 07-22-2008, 04:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Sent the invites out last Friday, today we got 7 replies! WOW!

Old 07-22-2008, 06:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZTABullwinkle View Post
I am so glad I am not the only one who teared up when she picked up her wedding invites. I totally agree it is overwhelming when you see it on paper. I think that is what got me.

So, married folk, how many of you found you had made some errors when addressing envelopes? I have heard of three, hopefully there isn't any more. I am so embarrassed that all those times checking and re-checking the list I still made mistakes.
LOL I *Think* I caught all the spelling mistakes... but my Fiance (bless his heart) when we were stuffing everything, listened to the order of how to put things in (tissue first, invite behind, RSVP card tucked into the return envelope, then inserts, directions, hotel info etc) He did that job beautifully... the direction he NEGLECTED was to put all of this INTO the inner envelope... so some of our guests got a random inner envleope with nothing in it floating amongst everything else in the outer envelope HEHE at least he helped, right ?

Last edited by Glitter650; 07-22-2008 at 06:20 PM.
Old 07-22-2008, 07:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
LOL I *Think* I caught all the spelling mistakes... but my Fiance (bless his heart) when we were stuffing everything, listened to the order of how to put things in (tissue first, invite behind, RSVP card tucked into the return envelope, then inserts, directions, hotel info etc) He did that job beautifully... the direction he NEGLECTED was to put all of this INTO the inner envelope... so some of our guests got a random inner envleope with nothing in it floating amongst everything else in the outer envelope HEHE at least he helped, right ?

My fiance helped me also. Except on some invites he was putting in two invites or two RSVP envelopes. Needless to say, I double-checked to make sure no extras snuck in. I wasn't going to complain. It would have taken me many hours to do it myself, with his help we did it in just over an hour. And in my defense, he also missed the name mistakes.

Old 07-26-2008, 03:14 PM

Has anyone seen that show "Rock the Reception" on TLC?

I think it's cute that people want to have a non-traditional first dance like these couples, but I would probably be WAY too anxious/excited about other stuff to have to remember a choreographed dance routine. I think the "Footloose" couple was particularly adorable though.

"Say Yes to the Dress" is back now too. I see they hired a new guy (Randy) as a "fashion consultant." He's fabulous, although I can see where he might seriously offend someone at some point (i.e. when that woman was set on a trumpet style gown but he basically told her she was too short for that style).

Lakers Nation.
Old 07-26-2008, 05:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to SthrnZeta
Quote:
Originally Posted by KSUViolet06 View Post
Has anyone seen that show "Rock the Reception" on TLC?

I think it's cute that people want to have a non-traditional first dance like these couples, but I would probably be WAY too anxious/excited about other stuff to have to remember a choreographed dance routine. I think the "Footloose" couple was particularly adorable though.

"Say Yes to the Dress" is back now too. I see they hired a new guy (Randy) as a "fashion consultant." He's fabulous, although I can see where he might seriously offend someone at some point (i.e. when that woman was set on a trumpet style gown but he basically told her she was too short for that style).

I saw the Footloos couple - they were really good!!

I'm so pissed I forgot about Say Yes to the Dress! BUT there is a marathon of the new season's episodes Aug 10 starting at 6 p (marathon of last season leading up to that starting at 12p). I already have a virtual sticky note on my computer desktop to remind me so I can have them all back to back!

Oh, and P.S., you check out the TLC website for the show, I'm pretty sure I saw my dress (or one very similar) in the preview video on that page! I don't even know if Kleinfeld's carries 2Be but it definitely had me playing it over again!
Old 07-26-2008, 09:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSUViolet06 View Post
I see they hired a new guy (Randy) as a "fashion consultant." He's fabulous, although I can see where he might seriously offend someone at some point (i.e. when that woman was set on a trumpet style gown but he basically told her she was too short for that style).

He was RIGHT though...LOL that other dress actually looked SOOOOO much better on her ! She really didn't have the body type for that trumpet silohuette that she ended up with.