GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Alumnae Initiation
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,445
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Avalanchejqr
» Online Users: 1,935
0 members and 1,935 guests
No Members online

Old 09-07-2003, 11:16 AM
cutiepatootie

AI and the road it took

I have been truly amazed how wonderful this movement has become. Years ago when i left college (94/95) and was without a sorority i never thought i would ever become a sister in any org. Then someone turned me onto AI ( then it was very very rare) and as i searched out this process i became very frustrated as not a lot of groups did it. as i found Phi Mu the lady who national put me in contact with said no we don't do AI but your more then welcome to go to activities. Delta Zeta was a group i knew perfomred AI and for health reasons and the sake of my pregnancy i had to resign my search then we moved back home to california. Years later for some strange reason I stumbled across this website and began my search once more. here i found which groups were receptive to AI and i found my home.

Alpha Phi is my home and my sisters are AWESOME! in the short time i have been an Alpha Phi ( in which i celebrate my 1 yr anniv in Nov....YEAH!!!!) i have come to see so many truly AWESOME and WONDERFUL ladies find homes or potential homes with groups that are now FINALLY opening their arms to this wonderful avenue for ladies who were not able for some reason or another to join a sorority when they couldn't or didnt in college.

i think as we further ourselves in this new century and the avenues for interaction for women i hope and pray that all NPC groups open there doors to women to become members. women who are initiated as alums have so much to offer and wisdom to impart!

My one piece of advice for all women searching for that one special house to call home i say keep your chins up and dont get so frustrated it makes you shy away from your process. My process took over almot 8 yrs to find my home and i love it so much! AI is on the rise and it is building momentum as we speak. wait out the wave and you will be generously rewarded!

Laura
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 09-07-2003, 12:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to AchtungBaby80 Send a message via AIM to AchtungBaby80 Send a message via Yahoo to AchtungBaby80
Congratulations! I think more people should be aware of the possibility of AI, because sorority membership doesn't just end when you graduate college.
Old 09-07-2003, 01:37 PM
GreekChat Member

I think as the whole collegiate enviroment changes so will membership.I think AI as always been there for most groups,I just think that it is more aggressively pursued now for a variety of reasons.
Old 09-07-2003, 01:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Cool

What amazes me, is that before finding GC, I never had an idea of Alum. Association.

LXA except on special occasions doe not do it, I am gratified to see so many "Wonderful Ladys" find something that was not attainable in the Colleget years!

I am proud and Happy to be a Co-Mod on this of all threads as I get to see so many trials and tribulations which turn in to Happy- Ness

LX Z # 1
Alumni
Old 09-07-2003, 06:21 PM
GreekChat Member

I am so thankful that I happened upon GC and found out about AI. Even though I graduated a loooong time ago, I never stopped wanting to be in a sorority. It is just too wonderful to believe that my wish may come true - and pretty soon too.

There are so many great people here that have promoted AI and gone above and beyond to get the word out there.

I'm going to another alum even on Tues., and I will finally get to meet the alum president. I think I may see the light at the end of the tunnel.