GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,125
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, PiperJarma
» Online Users: 1,229
3 members and 1,226 guests
g41965, Xidelt

Old 08-26-2013, 10:31 AM
Super Moderator

Good luck! Can't wait to hear all about it!
Old 08-26-2013, 10:55 AM
GreekChat Member

Love this story--I'm rooting for Rex--love him!
Old 08-26-2013, 11:03 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andystoys View Post
Ok. Sorry for the delay. I meant to do this last night but what I thought was a quick “let me lay down and get off my feet” ended up being a 9 hour sleep. I think recruitment makes you so tired because it is so emotionally and mentally draining.

So when we met our Rho Chis for our lists everyone was worried, stressed and excited. I had no idea what to think but we had gotten a pep talk to trust the process and I was determined to do that no matter what. I was pretty disappointed when I looked at my list. I was down to 4 houses, but I had some favorites there so I was ok after the initial “what?” So it actually make today a little easier for me although I spent sometime talking to my roommate because she took a really hard cut and was only left with two houses, one being her legacy house. The word on the street is that when you are legacy to a pretty popular house it is not uncommon to basically be wiped out by everyone and this has been the case in her situation. Sad really, because although she likes her legacy house, she was 100% open to most houses.

Ok so for the good part, yesterday I returned to:

Buzz
Barbie
Rex
Woody

Instead of laying out what happened at each party, lets just say I had a really good time at each house. There were no awkward moments and I found the skits a nice break from all the conversation. This was a pretty revealing night because it showed a very different side of each house. Most of the skits were really funny, some showcasing the obvious talent inside each house and some letting the world know that they do not take themselves too seriously. On a completely different note, the transformation these house go through is really amazing. I left last night knowing that I loved the houses I had and I know I had to rank them so I really pondered the choices I had, reviewed my notes on all houses on my list and ranked my houses like this:

Rex
Barbie
Woody
Buzz

No matter what happens later today, I would be happy with any house on this list. Do I love some more that others? Of course, but I also know I have only met a very small percentage of the girls each house represents. My biggest fear today is getting a “release” phone call and I hope that does not happen. I am headed to Barton Springs with some of the girls from my dorm so we can try to not focus on this afternoon. (try being the key word) Again, thanks for reading my story. I can't believe bid day is tomorrow!!!!
You are an amazing young lady. Best of luck to you! Any chapter that gets you is getting an amazing asset.
Old 08-26-2013, 11:26 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DeltaBetaBaby
Quote:
she was 100% open to most houses.
Old 08-26-2013, 05:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Fingers and toes crossed !!!!
Old 08-26-2013, 10:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Really keeping my fingers crossed for you!!!
Old 08-26-2013, 11:48 PM
GreekChat Member

As I started this story I wondered how ironic it would be if in the end it came down to Woody and Buzz. And that is what happened. I was really disappointed to not see Rex on my list this afternoon, but Barbie did not surprise me. And if I’m honest, I cried over Rex. I really thought it was the one. I called my mom and she told me to “love the one you’re with.” And so I carried on. The pref ceremonies were really beautiful and in the end I honestly could not decided. I sat for over an hour trying to figure it out but in the end I ranked them:

Woody
Buzz

With that said, I would honestly be happy with either one. If I could have put them on the same line I would have. So here is to 5PM tomorrow. I’ll know if I am a cowboy or a space ranger!
Old 08-26-2013, 11:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to APhiRattlerGal Send a message via Yahoo to APhiRattlerGal
Omg I'm crossing my fingers for you! I've loved reading your story.
Old 08-27-2013, 09:32 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
So here is to 5PM tomorrow. I’ll know if I am a cowboy or a space ranger!
Cute! Best wishes to you today!
Old 08-27-2013, 11:46 AM
GreekChat Member

Location: The interwebs. I understand it's a "series of tubes."
This is one of the best stories I've read. I love UT, and your own attitude and writing is nothing less than exceptional. People have already said this, but Buzz or Woody will be SO lucky to have you.
Enjoy your Bid Day!!
This thread should be required reading for PNMs and PNM parents in SEC/Big 12/hyper-"competitive" recruitments.

TEII
Old 08-27-2013, 01:52 PM
GreekChat Member

I personally love Buzz as "to infinity and beyond" is a great line. That said re-reading your notes Woody seemed to be a favorite from the beginning. I loved that you kept an open mind throughout the process. Can't wait for you to find your home today and thanks for sharing with us.
Old 08-27-2013, 02:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Good luck! I cannot wait to see what house you end up in! Either one will be lucky to have you, but I am rooting for Woody(:
Old 08-27-2013, 02:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasminePSS View Post
Good luck! I cannot wait to see what house you end up in! Either one will be lucky to have you, but I am rooting for Woody(:
"Now Woody... he's been my pal as long as I can remember. He's brave, like a cowboy should be, and kind and smart. But the thing that makes Woody special is that he'll never give up on you. Ever. He'll be there for you, no matter what."

Had to throw that in there.
Old 08-27-2013, 03:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Best of luck! You are amazing, and will be SUCH an asset to whichever chapter you end up in. We will be waiting for news!
Old 08-27-2013, 06:17 PM
GreekChat Member

It is 5:17 in Texas. Why hasn't Andystoys dropped everything during Bid Day to tell us if she's a Buzz or Woody? F5 button on my keyboard is going to stop working soon.