GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Sigma > Sigma Sigma Sigma

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,426
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Abisha55
» Online Users: 2,556
0 members and 2,556 guests
No Members online

Old 12-28-2005, 12:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Sigma3 SHSU
Hello to all of you fantastic Sigmas! My name is Lauren and I am a member of the Eta Omicron Chapter, at Sam Houston State University, in Huntsville, TX. I pledge in the fall of 04. Our chapter was started in April 27, 2002 on the Sam Houston Campus. I just want to say that Sigma is the BEST thing that could of ever of happened to me!

Sigma Love,
Lauren Palmour

Last edited by Sigma3 SHSU; 01-03-2006 at 04:42 PM.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 01-02-2006, 06:13 PM
GreekChat Member

This is new to me!!

Hello everyone!! My name is Michelle!! I go to Norwestern State University in Natchitoches, Louisiana!! I'm the new Recruitment Director for the Alpha Zeta chapter!! WOW...what big honor!! I got huge shoes to fill this year!! I'm so glad for this Fabulous website!! I joined it to find out what everyone does for different Sigma events!! I love sharing ideas with other chapters!! I think that it is very important that we as Sigmas help each other out!! I would love to have ideas for Bid days and t-shirts!! I can't wait to get chatting!!
Old 03-13-2006, 12:52 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to StumpsGirl Send a message via Yahoo to StumpsGirl
Finally a Sigma

Well...I haven't been online in a very loooonnnngggg time but it's for good reason. I have been so super busy.
I had my Arc Degree on January 29th and my Triangle Degree is March 26th.
A very special thanks to my new friends of the Epsilon Zeta chapter who went out of their way to make this alumnae initiate feel so welcome.
Feel free to msg me for full details of my journey to becoming what i have always felt in my heart....I can finally say I am a true Sigma!!
Old 03-13-2006, 05:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up Re: Finally a Sigma

Quote:
Originally posted by StumpsGirl
Well...I haven't been online in a very loooonnnngggg time but it's for good reason. I have been so super busy.
I had my Arc Degree on January 29th and my Triangle Degree is March 26th.
A very special thanks to my new friends of the Epsilon Zeta chapter who went out of their way to make this alumnae initiate feel so welcome.
Feel free to msg me for full details of my journey to becoming what i have always felt in my heart....I can finally say I am a true Sigma!!
YAY for a new Sigma and an alumni initiate at that! Congratulations and welcome to the sisterhood!! If its possible please post your story for us to read...I'm sure we'd all love to read it!

slam
Old 03-13-2006, 07:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Yea...I hope to post that one day soon.......its a bit of a task when there is no collegiate chapter near you....

The edit button has become my new best friend
Old 03-13-2006, 07:28 PM
GreekChat Member

I can only imagine Luckily, we have GC to fill the time when we can't be with other sisters.

Glad you BOTH are my Sigma sisters
Old 03-14-2006, 07:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to StumpsGirl Send a message via Yahoo to StumpsGirl
Quote:
If its possible please post your story for us to read...I'm sure we'd all love to read it!
It all started when I was a collegiate...I went through recruitment and had a wonderful time. I was offered a bid but was unable to finish the initiation process because the weekend after bids were given out I had a car wreck and was unable to finish the semester. On top of everything else, the womderful boy that I had dated all through college passed away that November after a battle with leukemia. I was left so emotionally drained that I didn't go back to school until just recently, I have been taking classes at the community college here.

It sounds silly to some people but I really feel like I am finally where i always should have been. There were lots of people who said "Why do it now...It's been 3 years. Just forget college and move on." I could've done that but there was always that part of me that really needed something else...something that would give me, for lack of a better word, an identity. I am Misty as I always have been but now I am Misty, member of Tri-Sigma. I now know what was missing in me and that was to call myself a true Sigma. I am amazed at how connected I instantly felt with all of the girls. It's a feeling I will live with forever. It's a feeling that makes me somehow complete!!
Old 03-15-2006, 12:11 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by StumpsGirl
It all started when I was a collegiate...I went through recruitment and had a wonderful time. I was offered a bid but was unable to finish the initiation process because the weekend after bids were given out I had a car wreck and was unable to finish the semester. On top of everything else, the womderful boy that I had dated all through college passed away that November after a battle with leukemia. I was left so emotionally drained that I didn't go back to school until just recently, I have been taking classes at the community college here.

It sounds silly to some people but I really feel like I am finally where i always should have been. There were lots of people who said "Why do it now...It's been 3 years. Just forget college and move on." I could've done that but there was always that part of me that really needed something else...something that would give me, for lack of a better word, an identity. I am Misty as I always have been but now I am Misty, member of Tri-Sigma. I now know what was missing in me and that was to call myself a true Sigma. I am amazed at how connected I instantly felt with all of the girls. It's a feeling I will live with forever. It's a feeling that makes me somehow complete!!

I dunno how I missed this! Congrats!

Lakers Nation.
Old 05-18-2006, 03:02 AM
GreekChat Member

I don't know if anybody reads this anymore haha. My name is Megan. I'm a sister in the Epsilon Psi chapter at Rochester Institute of Technology! Whoo :-)
Old 05-18-2006, 03:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by m68zel
I don't know if anybody reads this anymore haha. My name is Megan. I'm a sister in the Epsilon Psi chapter at Rochester Institute of Technology! Whoo :-)
Yes, people still do read this! Welcome to the board Megan! Hope everything is going great at Epsilon Psi!
Old 05-18-2006, 09:05 PM

Welcome everyone!

Lakers Nation.
Old 08-02-2006, 12:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Howdy!

At Jocelyn's insistance, I'll introduce myself. I hail from the Delta Delta chapter... who's super excited for rush?!?!?!
Old 09-17-2006, 12:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Hi everyone! While I've gotten a pretty warm welcome over in the Recruitment Stories forum, I wanted to introduce myself here as well. Last week, I became a new member of the Delta Delta chapter at UNC! I can't wait to get to know everyone
Old 09-17-2006, 10:02 PM
GreekChat Member

My name is Tori and I am an initiate at the Gamma Mu chapter, Southeastern Louisiana. Nationals still has me listed as a "new member" even though I was initiated last spring. I would like to welcom knitsnpurls to our sisterhood. I love the fact that I have sisters I haven't met...it's so awesome!!! By the way, on behalf of my chapter, to those that have graciously helped us after Katrina, thank you. I don't know if you read this board, but it's the only way I know how to contact y'all.

SLAM~
Me
Old 09-18-2006, 06:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Yeah! New members to our forum!