GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > News & Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,428
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, baangelasteaxdy
» Online Users: 2,267
2 members and 2,265 guests
chi-o_cat, Cookiez17

Old 05-04-2006, 10:54 AM
GreekChat Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: follow-up

Quote:
Originally posted by Munchkin03
Quality over quantity is what I say.
I prefer both. I've never had to have one without the other.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 05-04-2006, 10:58 AM
GreekChat Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: follow-up

Quote:
Originally posted by DSTCHAOS
What's your point? The fact that I don't need a 4th degree doesn't require commentary.
Don't really need to explain it, it was just a comment.
Old 05-15-2006, 04:32 PM
Banned

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/05/15/sp...q8mUE8nzzumcMQ

In other news, a third member of the team has been indicted. Evidently he has passed a lie detector test of some sort. "The indictment comes only a few days after a second round of DNA testing found no conclusive match to any team member. At a news conference on Friday, Mr. Cheshire said that tests on a vaginal swab taken from the accuser showed genetic material from a "single male source" but did not match the DNA of any player.

"In other words, it appears this woman had sex with a male," Mr. Cheshire said at a news conference with other defense lawyers, according to an Associated Press report. "It appears with certainty it wasn't a Duke lacrosse player."

-Rudey
Old 05-15-2006, 05:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Hm, wonder how long this Media Witch Hunt will last before it goes to Trial and see what happens!

It is being tried in the Media and this DA is a D in so many words.

Prove it or get off of the damn Pot!

LX Z # 1
Alumni
Old 05-18-2006, 01:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Interesting article by Jason Whitlock (Kansas City Star and ESPN columnist) on this situation and the one with the Northwestern women's soccer team.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...hitlock/060518
Old 05-18-2006, 02:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by KSigkid
Interesting article by Jason Whitlock (Kansas City Star and ESPN columnist) on this situation and the one with the Northwestern women's soccer team.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...hitlock/060518
He doesn't make sense. He says the soccer team made national news because they were women. Funny how in the national news stories I saw they were but one of several teams (mostly male) that were listed. Plus Duke's Lax team is all male.

I'm also willing to bet that most guys don't bring cameras to hazing events. You know why? Because that's a girly thing to do...to bring your camera to parties, dinners, and hazing events. So given that, I bet there are more pics out in public from girls than guys. Of course I could totally be wrong but that's just my guess since I never once saw one of my dude friends be like "Say cheese".

-Rudey
Old 01-07-2007, 12:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Duke Lacrosse Player Speaks Out

Exclusive: Duke Lacrosse Player Speaks Out
In a NEWSWEEK exclusive, Reade Seligmann details his family's anguish since that infamous lacrosse party.
By Susannah Meadows
Newsweek

Jan. 15, 2007 issue - Last April, Duke lacrosse star Reade Seligmann huddled with his dad at a Durham, N.C., law firm. A stripper hired to perform at a team party on March 13 claimed several players raped her. In a lineup, she'd identified three of them as her alleged assailants. Seligmann now awaited a call from the prosecutor that would tell him if he was one of the players she'd singled out. He felt certain he would be cleared. The call came. Reade, 20, was being indicted for first-degree rape, kidnapping and sexual offense. He had a strong alibi—cell-phone records would show he was busy calling his girlfriend at the time the alleged crime was taking place—but the D.A. declined to hear it. As he heard the news, Reade looked at his dad. It was the first time he'd ever seen his father cry. Then it hit him: how was he going to tell his mom? Kathy Seligmann was home in New Jersey with her three other boys. He dialed her number. "Mom," he said, "she picked me."

more:

Seligmann says he hasn't decided if he'll go back to Duke. He's certainly nostalgic for the blissfully mundane concerns of his old life there: "I miss more than anything staying up and worrying about a miserable midterm." He also wishes he could go back to the days when his name was in the local paper for Pee Wee football. A few guys from the lacrosse team sent him a care package with his jersey and the nametag from his old locker. He put it all downstairs in the basement. There, dozens of lacrosse cleats and helmets from all four Seligmann boys are arranged neatly on the shelves. He hung the tag on the wall. READE SELIGMANN, it says, DUKE BLUE DEVILS, #45. It's a reminder of a team and a school that he still misses, but also of a past that is not yet behind him.

URL: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16497900/site/newsweek/
© 2007 MSNBC.com