GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Phi > Phi Mu

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,126
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, babobygooglet93
» Online Users: 1,003
1 members and 1,002 guests
MethrenLusia

Old 04-27-2010, 05:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: Peeing on you and telling you it's rain apparently...
Thanks for all the concern. I don't think anyone has any intentions of sending this to random people. I would like to reiterate that it is a "silly" but fun tradition (although I'm not sure where, I've never seen anyone do it) and is not apart of Phi Mu ritual, not even open ritual. Thank you.
Old 04-28-2010, 10:24 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticCat View Post
lane swerve

Assuming that anyone was actually willing to send what might be ritual info to an internet stranger, posting your email or similar personal information on a public forum is rarely a good idea. That's why we have PMs here.

/lane swerve
thanks for the advice. im new to this site, not really sure what a pm is.
Old 04-28-2010, 10:48 AM
GreekChat Member

*swerves into lane*

If in fact the Order of the Pink Garter is not ritual, which many Phi Mu's have said, would someone mind posting here on the thread? Every time I see this thread on the homepage, I get intrigued all over again. Thank you for your consideration.

*swerves out of lane*
Old 04-28-2010, 11:17 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraAnn Phi Mu View Post
Private Message, not Phi Mu!
"It is a truism that as long as man loves but himself and his art he can never attain to the full measure of manhood or reach the sublimest heights of his art. He must seek to love men as brothers and art, not for the sake of art itself, but art as a means toward bringing all men up to that verdant plateau where their souls may be fed in very rejoicing in all that is true, beautiful, and abiding." - Percy Jewett Burrell
Old 04-28-2010, 11:22 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraAnn Phi Mu View Post
Private Message. If you click on someone's user name, one of the options is to send them a PM. Or, look under the spot in the upper right of the screen where it says "Welcome SaraAnn Phi Mu."

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAlphaPhi View Post
*swerves into lane*

If in fact the Order of the Pink Garter is not ritual, which many Phi Mu's have said, would someone mind posting here on the thread? Every time I see this thread on the homepage, I get intrigued all over again. Thank you for your consideration.

*swerves out of lane*
Yeah, I figured it's not really real ritual, but since Phi Mus seem to have not wanted to post it, I figured it's private.
Old 09-08-2010, 09:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DeltaBetaBaby
I just PM'ed a few people, but I figured I'd also post the request here. I'm an old-timer, so most of you probably don't know me after a few years hiatus, but I was a forum mod back in the day. A sister is getting married this weekend, and just to be cheesy, her fiance gave her his letters last night, so I'd really like to respond in kind. If you have it, please PM me.

(Also, I'm happy to verify my identity via PM or over on Bloom. I know it's not ritual, but I think we keep it as a silly secret anyway)

Last edited by DeltaBetaBaby; 09-08-2010 at 09:22 PM.
Old 06-21-2011, 04:01 PM
GreekChat Member

My Carnation Sister is getting married in 2 weeks (July 9th) and I would really like to know as well. We have been trying to figure out exactly what it is, too. Our chapter recently closed, Rho Epsilon, and we have not been able to find out! Can someone please inform me so we can incorporate this! It would mean so much! Lion Hugs!!!!
Old 06-21-2011, 04:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DeltaBetaBaby
It's not ritual, but it's kinda like an inside joke. It's very silly and totally unofficial, so it's less about "OMGkeepthesecretwithyourblood" and more about not wanting it, for example, to show up in a google search. In fact, it's largely been restricted to alumanae, AFAIK.

In any case, I have it, and will PM it to trusted posters as required.

Last edited by DeltaBetaBaby; 06-21-2011 at 04:24 PM.
Old 03-19-2012, 01:11 AM
GreekChat Member

Hey, I'm new here! I'm a sister from the Theta Gamma chapter down at FIU. I've already PMed someone but got no response so I figured I'd post it here to see if anything happens. As far as I know, no one from my chapter really knows about this tradition. I've never heard about it so maybe it hasn't made it down to South Florida? I'm not sure. Thanks <3
Old 03-20-2012, 08:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mia9748 View Post
Hey, I'm new here! I'm a sister from the Theta Gamma chapter down at FIU. I've already PMed someone but got no response so I figured I'd post it here to see if anything happens. As far as I know, no one from my chapter really knows about this tradition. I've never heard about it so maybe it hasn't made it down to South Florida? I'm not sure. Thanks <3
Hello sister! It should have made it down south because the first sister to post in this thread is an alumna of your chapter. I'm from the north and I know about it but, I don't know that much or I'd help you out. Sorry. Send BabyPink_FL a private message and I'm sure she could help!
Old 04-18-2012, 11:19 PM
GreekChat Member

I still haven't heard back from anyone
Old 08-19-2012, 03:00 PM
GreekChat Member

I would LOVE to get this "ritual" in a private message as well! Sorry, but this is not something to be found on Phi Mu's official Leadership Center, so please share with me on GreekChat!