GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,428
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, baangelasteaxdy
» Online Users: 2,160
2 members and 2,158 guests
Low D Flat, zdaidjunioro429

Old 10-16-2009, 04:41 PM
GreekChat Member

"Sorority Wars" on Lifetime this Saturday

I don't know if someone has already posted about this but the "Sorority Wars" original Lifetime movie will premiere this Saturday 10/17 and repeat on Sunday 10/18 and Monday 10/19 at 9pm.

http://www.mylifetime.com/on-tv/movies/sorority-wars

There is also a list of celebrity sorority women that you may not have known were in a sorority:

http://www.mylifetime.com/on-tv/movi...rority-sisters#

I have to admit, though often corny, a side of me likes the high school/college movies. So I will be watching.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 10-16-2009, 04:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Apparently there are famous people from Phi Beta Phi and Kappa Alpha Kappa sororities. Best part is they got Phi Pi wrong the first time but right the second.
Old 10-16-2009, 10:45 PM
GreekChat Member

oooh, I'm setting the recorder! lol
Old 10-17-2009, 12:16 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to moe.ron
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psi U MC Vito View Post
Apparently there are famous people from Phi Beta Phi and Kappa Alpha Kappa sororities. Best part is they got Phi Pi wrong the first time but right the second.
Old 10-17-2009, 03:00 AM
GreekChat Member

I remember when they were filming (at least part of) this movie close to my hometown; a girl from my high school class got to be an extra.
Old 10-17-2009, 11:49 AM

Send a message via ICQ to sigtau305 Send a message via Yahoo to sigtau305 Send a message via Skype™ to sigtau305
I'll have to check it out.

LetEmKnow!!RollTau!!
Old 10-17-2009, 11:06 PM
GreekChat Member

I actually enjoyed the movie and it had a good ending too. Funny how they said alumnae membership is so political....because it IS!
Old 10-18-2009, 07:03 AM
GreekChat Member

I watched it and had mixed feelings. They managed to sling around every rush/standards term there is - but I feel like they got a surprising amount of them (somewhat) right. I feel like the two biggest inaccuracies that could potentially confuse PNMs is how they handled what should have been a COB thing (with them "accepting her as a late rush") and the fact that their first and only ceremony seemed to be initiation.

PS...I knew "Gwen" looked familiar, but I actually had to look up why - she's the girl from Center Stage. I think she looked a little different and was hard to place because in most of CS, her hair was pulled back, and in SW it was down.
Old 10-18-2009, 01:36 PM
GreekChat Member

I watched this movie last night - it was pretty decent! I didn't quite catch the end though; my roommate came home and started chatting with me during the last 10 minutes or so. It's a Lifetime movie, so I assume it had a happy ending.

If you saw the movie, here are some of the things I noted as well as some of my thoughts:

- Use of "alumni" incorrect at the alumnae meeting. (Helloooo..."alumnae")

- The Delta Beta Theta alumnae said "endorse" instead of recommendation when reviewing recs at a tea party.

- I thought that the student organization fair scene was fairly accurate with all of the tabling and stuff. They must have sent people out to campuses in order to take notes.

- Delta Beta Theta - I saw that their table was pink and white with "carnations" hanging from the booth. I thought, "Oh please tell me this won't be a rip-off of Gamma Phi Beta." LOL

- I liked that Katie touted the positive aspects of Greek life to her roommate

- Delta invited PNMs to a fraternity party with alcohol (and Katie even asked about the rules being broken!)

- Hahaaha.....Gamma Rho Alpha's music/skit was too funny. (The nerdy girls who couldn't sing!)

- Uhm....Kappa Theta Xi's recruiment skit involved blindfolding PNMs?

- Delta's member selection procedure was "interesting"; they ditched the photos of the girls who weren't cute.

- Kappa line dances at their pref and Delta's pref included a party with jello shots?

- The Kappa sister's words of advice on accepting a bid were good. She advised Katie to accept a bid from the house where you like what they stand for because you will end up standing for those values too.

- The rush infractions hearing ("standards" as they called it) was like a trial with everyone there!

- Random side note - was that the world's biggest dorm room or what?

- One of the best lines from the whole movie: One Delta alum said to the other, "That's not Delta behavior!"

.....Kelly

True and Constant
Old 10-18-2009, 01:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by navane View Post
I watched this movie last night - it was pretty decent! I didn't quite catch the end though; my roommate came home and started chatting with me during the last 10 minutes or so. It's a Lifetime movie, so I assume it had a happy ending.

If you saw the movie, here are some of the things I noted as well as some of my thoughts:

- Use of "alumni" incorrect at the alumnae meeting. (Helloooo..."alumnae")

- The Delta Beta Theta alumnae said "endorse" instead of recommendation when reviewing recs at a tea party.

- I thought that the student organization fair scene was fairly accurate with all of the tabling and stuff. They must have sent people out to campuses in order to take notes.

- Delta Beta Theta - I saw that their table was pink and white with "carnations" hanging from the booth. I thought, "Oh please tell me this won't be a rip-off of Gamma Phi Beta." LOL

- I liked that Katie touted the positive aspects of Greek life to her roommate

- Delta invited PNMs to a fraternity party with alcohol (and Katie even asked about the rules being broken!)

- Hahaaha.....Gamma Rho Alpha's music/skit was too funny. (The nerdy girls who couldn't sing!)

- Uhm....Kappa Theta Xi's recruiment skit involved blindfolding PNMs?

- Delta's member selection procedure was "interesting"; they ditched the photos of the girls who weren't cute.

- Kappa line dances at their pref and Delta's pref included a party with jello shots?

- The Kappa sister's words of advice on accepting a bid were good. She advised Katie to accept a bid from the house where you like what they stand for because you will end up standing for those values too.

- The rush infractions hearing ("standards" as they called it) was like a trial with everyone there!

- Random side note - was that the world's biggest dorm room or what?

- One of the best lines from the whole movie: One Delta alum said to the other, "That's not Delta behavior!"

.....Kelly

Or...Phi Mu. Rose and White are our national official colors. The rose carnation is our flower, as well. At least, it has been since 1852.
Old 10-18-2009, 01:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by als463 View Post
Or...Phi Mu. Rose and White are our national official colors. The rose carnation is our flower, as well. At least, it has been since 1852.
Yes, Phi Mu too! Luckily, the crest and badges didn't look like either of ours.

.....Kelly

True and Constant
Old 10-18-2009, 08:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Watched the movie last night before SNL came on, then watched some of the rerun once SNL was over, haha! I thought it was great and Lucy Hale was wonderful as the lead character! Her acting and singing were great!

I wish we could have seen more of their formal recruitment, but I understad that it's only a movie and there's only two hours to cram in a whole semester's worth of footage.
Old 10-18-2009, 10:59 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm fairly certain that there were no jello shots at any of our pref parties.

And sidenote- did anyone else find it weird that the main girl's parents were at every single greek event, with their cameras?
Old 10-18-2009, 11:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by navane View Post
I watched this movie last night - it was pretty decent! I didn't quite catc Delta's pref included a party with jello shots?
Maybe this took place at eagesbaby's school? If I remember that disaster correctly they were allowed to have alcohol
Old 10-19-2009, 12:30 AM
GreekChat Member

Welp, I'm just glad they had to right Greek letters on everyone's houses.

Another interesting tactic was the bullying taking place.

"Yo soy una mujer negra" ~Zoe Saldana