GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,426
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Abisha55
» Online Users: 2,561
0 members and 2,561 guests
No Members online

Old 04-21-2000, 03:21 PM
Wendi

Exclamation Administrators please read--PSS convention

To the administrators of this site--
I posted this in the public forum and it was moved to PSS forum. WHY? I'm not registered (and i'm not going to) so I can't respond to it. I've been to the PSS forum and there's no
traffic--I wanted any PSS members who are going through the public forum to respond--make sense???
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 04-21-2000, 05:23 PM
Administrator

I posted this in the public forum and it was moved to PSS forum. WHY?

Messages regarding specific organizations should be posted in the forums for those organizations. The reason for this is to help keep greekchat.com organized & easy to use for all of the website visitors. Can you imagine if all of the messages on this website were in one forum? It would quickly become an unorganized mess - If this were the case, your "PSS Convention2000" message would get lost among thousands of other messages and would be difficult for other members of your organization to find and respond to.

I'm not registered (and i'm not going to) so I can't respond to it.

Only allowing registered users to post messages in the other forum areas enables us to prevent abuse of this bulletin board system by those who would post SPAM or otherwise inappropriate messages. That's why greekchat.com is not plagued by "get rich quick" & other similar messages like so many other websites. We permit unregistered users to post in this "Greek Life" forum area so they can see how the system works and so they can participate in some general discussions without needing to register.

I can understand why you may be hesitant to register with any website for the obvious reasons. When you register with GreekChat.com I GUARANTEE that your email address will NEVER be transferred to another party by GreekChat.com in any way (NEVER sold, given, traded or etc). When you register you can choose to have the system NOT DISPLAY your email address when you post messages. Also, you will be able to choose whether or not you wish to receive newsletter updates from GreekChat.com These options can always be easily changed by accessing your user profile.

I've been to the PSS forum and there's no traffic--I wanted any PSS members who are going through the public forum to respond--make sense???

Chances are, if there aren't many PSS members using the PSS forum - there probably aren't many PSS members using the general Greek Life forum either. But YOU can change all that.

This goes for all members/alumni who would like to see their group's forum at greekchat.com become more active:
  • email a few other members of your group and tell them about greekchat.com, also tell them to spread the word so your group's forum area can become more useful for all of the members & alumni
  • if you have a website with info about your group, add a link to greekchat.com - you can also get links to specific organization pages at greekchat.com by finding them in the directory.
  • if you know of any newsletters or listserves for your organization, ask the moderator to mention greekchat.com in the email
  • ask your chapter's webmaster to add a link to greekchat.com
  • you can also use the UBBFriend feature via the link at the top of message threads to have an email sent to your friend telling them about the discussion which may interest them

[This message has been edited by John Hammell (edited April 21, 2000).]