GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,445
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Avalanchejqr
» Online Users: 1,920
3 members and 1,917 guests
indygphib, naraht, Xidelt

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-16-2006, 11:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigmadiva
Be original and creative. Just put some thought into it, it can not be that hard.

As for the handsign, you would want something unique that represents *your* org. I just checked out a schools 2006 NPC Recruitment page (it was an SEC school, don't remember which one) and some of the women were posing with handsigns that represented their org. They looked nothing like anything that I've seen with the NPHC. Each chapter was unique and creative.

As for the colors, each org uses a unique shade of a color. Go back about 20 pages of this thread and I gave an example using DG, DZ and Phi Mu -each use some version of pink, but the exact shade is slightly different and unique to that org.

Like I said - just put some thought into it. It is not that hard. But, if your org is about copying other orgs, then I can see where this is a problem.
What if two orgs already have the same colors and hand signs. For instance let's say you had an org started in 1890 and had pink and black as the colors and the peace sign as their handsign. Then in 1930 another org comes along that is a part of a different council that may have never heard of the first org and then choses pink/black as their colors and the peace sign as their hand sign. So in 2006 both orgs end up on the same campus... should one really go back and change their colors and sign just because the other one has it? That doesn't seem fair. Granted it would be odd, but most likely one org would be black, the other would be white and may have really not had to come in contact with each other before that point.